8800gtx problem

DeadPixel

Weaksauce
I can't set 16x AA in my control panel...i've tried installing drivers several times..why is this

What driver version are you using?

You aren't using a hack to unlock the old nvidia control panel, are you? The new AA modes are only available in the new control panel.

Go into Nvidia Control Panel, select 3d settings. Then for Antialiasing Mode choose "Enhance The Application setting" or "Overide Any Application Setting" Then under that for Antialiasing Setting you should be able to choose 16x. I hope this helps. Please let us know.

XFX Support

also in the control panel, 3d settings isn't a choice..

first i get:

Display
or
Video and television

none of the settings in either of those are AA

and if i right click it on the task bar, go to "display 1" (out of 2 monitors i have), go to performance and quality, go to AA, 4x is the highest choice

also i'm using 6.14.10.9744 driver version

and i'm using direct x 9.0 c

and a pic to boot

wtfzb3.jpg

AND FINALLY

nvidia control panel 1.3.6.17

DeadPixel said:
also in the control panel, 3d settings isn't a choice..

first i get:

Display
or
Video and television

none of the settings in either of those are AA

and if i right click it on the task bar, go to "display 1" (out of 2 monitors i have), go to performance and quality, go to AA, 4x is the highest choice

also i'm using 6.14.10.9744 driver version

and i'm using direct x 9.0 c

Uninstall your drivers from the control panel. Then try using Driver Cleaner pro to remove anything left behind the uninstall. You can get it from Softpedia.com . Reboot and reinstall a fresh copy of the 97.44s. See if that works. Try updating your bios and chipset as well. I hope you get your problem fixed. Good luck.

CounTDookU23 said:
Uninstall your drivers from the control panel. Then try using Driver Cleaner pro to remove anything left behind the uninstall. You can get it from Softpedia.com . Reboot and reinstall a fresh copy of the 97.44s. See if that works. Try updating your bios and chipset as well. I hope you get your problem fixed. Good luck.

how exactly?

can i get a direct link to the drivers because apparantly the ones I downloaded were..wrong?

also my cpu is e6600
mobo is asus p5b Deluxe
ram is ocz titanium 2x1gb
windows xp professional sp1 (i cannot download sp2, i cannot connect to microsoft for some reason..i can't figure out why..but anybody else on my network can....had problem before new computer and now WITH the new computer)

Deadpixel, everybody with a 8800gtx has that same problem, you cannot access higher than 4x AA etc when using the nvidia desktop interface thingy, you have to use the new nvidia control panel to set higher.

your picture is exactly the same as I have got.

you dont have a problem. its just you are trying to set it in the wrong place.

try START>control panel>Nividia control panel>3d settings.

click on the word VIEW at the top of the screen and select classic navigation pane, and in their you should see something like this, you wont have all the options i do, but see if you have the 3d settings one.

if you dont have the options show in my pic below, then uninstall the drivers, and then use driver cleaner to get rid of NVIDIA only, do it in safemode and then reboot and reinstall your vid drivers.

You should seriously consider reformatting your boot disk and then doing a full and new installation of XP. My opinion is that something (other software??) is interfering with your system configuration.

Sorry to have to make this suggestion. :(

ok, install driver cleaner, then uninstall your vid card drivers only, then boot into safe mode, and start driver cleaner, select NVIDIA and then start cleaning, then once thats finished reboot and reinstall the newest nvidia drivers, and then set your shit threw the panels that we are posting pics of, dont do it threw the desktop as half of the options are missing with the 8800 drivers.

but as the dude above me says, i have a feeling also that it maybe some other software clash thats causing your problems, it isnt hardware problems thats making your stuff not show up, as they should show regardless.

Did what you said and.

IT WORKED!

however, I don't have system stability or performance

but sweet...weird though cuz i installed THE EXACT SAME DRIVERS!

now can somebody tell me what to set all my settings to that are in the 3d panel? Starting with AF and ending with v-sync

thanks and <3

ok i set it to 16xQ but when I ran guild wars, i could tell it wasn't on..why is this? i set it to "override"

you wont have system stability etc unless you install nvidia ntune, i would advise against it as its a piece of shit anyway...

if i recall, you should only have 3 and stability and performance is for overclocking and is only available once you install ntune...

oh alright thanks :) can you tell me why the 16xQ won't work in guild wars? i can easily tell it wasn't overriding because when I set it to "4x" WITHIN guild wars, it improved

dude, never set it to 16qxAA

your size of screen will do say 8x try that in games and set it to override.

remember the 8800gtxs are totally new architecture and the drivers are shit for them at the moment, so some things may and maynot work, but its mainly due to the drivers, once vista gets released in january better drivers will surely be released like every week, but i think they maybe holding the best drivers back until vista comes out.

so if things dont work just now, wait a while and see what happens mid to late january.

Back