New Mousing setup *pics*

Team Obi Juan

Your Local Postmaster
Woot. Bout time. You can see the old mouse I was using in one of the pics. Teflon was destroyed and had no forward and back buttons. I was using my desk as a surface.

Enter Steelpad QcK Heavy and the new MS Intellimouse 3.0. The pad is the wrong way because the "up" part of the pad is still wanting to roll up (it comes rolled up). Using my wrist to flatten it.

Can't stand hard mouse pads though... love cloth pads. Hate most cloth pads though, because they start fraying around the edges and you'll get little strings coming off of them with little balls of fabric. Decided to buy an expensive one...

Got the pad and mouse from buy.com using the google checkout deal for $46 shipped.

PICS FTW

Haven't played games with the new mouse yet, it came in later than the pad. Played with the old mouse on new pad though, love it. Very smooth. In windows, I always have the mouse sensitivity maxed, and in DoD:S and CS:S I play with like a 12 out of 20. Dunno if that's what you call high or what. AoE:3 is the other game I play, i guess it just defaults to windows sensitivity. Doesn't matter too much in RTS's though.

The pad is effing HUGE!

welcome to the world of huge mousepads.
XTrac Ripper XL here

12 out of 20 is insane!
1.1 of 20 here!

sniperchicken said:
welcome to the world of huge mousepads.
XTrac Ripper XL here

12 out of 20 is insane!
1.1 of 20 here!

Back in my original DoD days, I played 20 out of 20! You talk about getting accused for hacking... I was turned around and shooting you in the face by twitching my mouse... you get used to it quick. I've never been big on gaming, so I kinda just set the mouse and go. I've found in source that around 12 is the best for me. I'm still not very good... never will be since I can only play like 30 minutes a day lol.

Oh forgot to mention.

I'm 6'3" with really big hands. Over the summer, I bought a G5. Great mouse feel and very durable feeling. It was just weird in my hands though. Like the thumb "groove"... yeah my thumb didn't go in that thing when I was holding it normally. I had to conscientously force my thumb in there. Sold it.

This mouse is perfect for my hand though. I'm supposed to be going to work right now but I'm having too much fun :D. Should probably play a game or two then head off to work :D

Congratulations. I had a Func 1030 for a year, and recently switched to a QcK+. I'll never go back to hard pads.

Yes the big mousepad club is very fun...especially at lan parties with limited space. As a side note I run at 13/20, High sens ftw.

Congrats on the big mousepads. I have an xtrac Ripper XL, and sometimes I use my ol' Ratpadz GS. I don't like the way the Ratpadz gets clogged so fast.

I use 5 notches from the left in mouse settings, 3.5 in CS:S.

hehe, what the hell is your mousepad getting "clogged" with???? :eek:

I love cloth pads too. I had a Ratpad once, but ended up using it as a place to park my joystick like my old cloth pad is doing now.

Anyway I needed a new mousepad because the cloth one I was using is now frayed at the edges and the thread is pilling up into the middle of the pad (I think pill-ing is the right word :confused: ). My other problem is that my desk is powder coated steel and constantly moving my keyboard around scratches the surface of my desk. Yet another problem is that I often run out of mousing room and tend to travel off the pad. So to kill two birds with one stone, I bought a Corepad XXXL (36" x 18" x .12") to use as a mousepad and for desk protection. One of the best things is that there is so much room I don't "accidentally" fall off the pad anymore and it looks nicer than just having bare desk under the keyboard :)

All I need now is a replacement mouse (have an MX518 I'm tired of), maybe a Habu or the MX Revolution.

kind of an old thread. but i just got this mouse pad.. very nice.. huge and thick.. doesnt slide off the desk like my old one... btw u have urs upsidedown

Back