graphic problem with x1950 pro

well i got a k8n sli platinum mobo, with a 4000+ amd and x1950 pro. im using the warcat 6.12 drivers. Well in counter strike and other games my textures arent as sharp and solid as with my old x800 pro. They look to "plastic" glows dont look the same and so on. reflextions to dont look as good. this is a windows xp fresh install so no driver conflic here.

Might be a dumb question but is that a misplelling on "warcat" ? Never heard of anything other than plain old catalyst and omega drivers. Ok did a bit googling and they seem to be < a 3rd party drivers right?

I think before anything you should try ATI:s own drivers. If you dont like CCC you can always install drivers only and control them via atitool or atitray tools.

If the continue continues, maybe posting a screen shot of the effect would be helpful for other troubleshootters in the forums :)

they worked great with my x800 pro. but i cant realy supply pics since my x800 pro is on a mobo that i changed, so its naked and nothing to run it. and yes its a 3rd party driver.

i think the problem is related to the color quality. cause when i can chose btw 16bit and 32bit well the color palet doesnt even change, and the color palet isnt even smoth.

here are some pics to show what i mean, all in game settings are max except no reflection all world, and no AA.

i have all so seen glitches there hard to take them in pic but if you look closely you can see in the mountains withe spots, in game you can see lots of them they only apear in the backround of the maps the new ones.

Back