New baby - need crits

Lamont

Supreme [H]ardness
Alright, I just put this order together, my only concern is the PSU fitting. I got the same as what's listed on the company website, but I have had the problem of a PSU not fitting in my tower before, even though I got the "right size". To the best of my knowledge, everything should fit:

newbaby.jpg

The only concern is the length of your dvdrom drive and the length of the power supply because you will run into trouble if its too long.

Deadpool2k said:
The only concern is the length of your dvdrom drive and the length of the power supply because you will run into trouble if its too long.
I thought about that too, and I figured I'd extend it out the back.. they should pack in dremmels as a gift on NewEgg..

PSU length is fine so long as you have a short Optical Drive.

Have you considered the Micro Fly or any other case? The XQpack is kind of an old case.

Ditto on the microfly the extra inch plus it has an intake fan is so good to have.

I would consider getting the Silverstone 500W PSU with the short cables.

I've heard that the price of that CPU is going to drop significantly within a week if you can wait a few days

redd38 said:
I've heard that the price of that CPU is going to drop significantly within a week if you can wait a few days
I already ordered it :).

my standard dvd drive and standard atx rosewill psu fit just fine, but with maybe an inch or so of space. also, most of the cords from the psu are resting in the bottom 5.25" bay in my qpack, so i wouldnt suggest using a second drive.

sleepeeg3 said:
I can't wait, it's for work :(, maybe I can convince NewEgg to hook it up and give me the difference. I'm not counting on it, the money is spent.

@Mayonaise 812 - Yeah, I planned to have the extra cables rest in the other drive space. But when it gets here we'll see what I can do because I do burn a lot of DVD's for clients.

Then I have to sell my P4 rig...

So far everything fits, and with the measurements I made with the videocard, I am good to go. The mobo gets in today, I'll have pics tonight. Gonna need another pack of zip-ties...

I can't wait, it's for work :(, maybe I can convince NewEgg to hook it up and give me the difference. I'm not counting on it, the money is spent.

@Mayonaise 812 - Yeah, I planned to have the extra cables rest in the other drive space. But when it gets here we'll see what I can do because I do burn a lot of DVD's for clients.

Then I have to sell my P4 rig...

Just tell Newegg you found it for a lower price and they can either give you the difference or you'll send it back and buy it from the other site. It worked for me.

I really like this comp, the performance is badass and my rendertimes are much lower.

But I am still getting the display driver crash when I shut down Windows (happened on my old comp too).

Here are some pics. I was able to get two drives in. The drive on top was slightly shorter, and made it easier. Did some cabling to get the airflow going. My wifes comp got all the goodies from my old P4 rig.

NewComp_01.jpg

NewComp_02.jpg

But I am still getting the display driver crash when I shut down Windows (happened on my old comp too).
I bet you didn't RTFM Lamont... it's a 20+4 pin connector on the PSU. Knowing you, it's just the 20 pin in connected to the mobo... double check dude.

You should change your name to "Lame-O"...

I bet you didn't RTFM Lamont... it's a 20+4 pin connector on the PSU. Knowing you, it's just the 20 pin in connected to the mobo... double check dude.

You should change your name to "Lame-O"...

shit, talking to yourself??!?!?

Back