500 Man LAN in New England - May 19-20

pissboy

Gawd
LPANE is pleased to announce that registration for the Nor'Easter 2007 event is now open. The 500-person event will take place from Saturday, May 19th to Sunday, May 20th at the Shriner's Auditorium in Wilmington, MA. Last year's event drew in 420 gamers, and having learned from the experience, this year's party will be even better!

Gamers who register and pay prior to February 1st will receive an early-bird price of $30. From February 1st to April 22nd, the prepay price goes up to $40. After May 12th, if seats are still available, the door price is $50. Not only does prepaying save you up to $20, you will also be entered into an exclusive raffle. Visit the Information page for all the details about the event. The LPANE staff hopes to see you there!

http://noreaster.lpane.net

I help run the largest LAN event in New England, so I figured I'd post info for it up here. I know there are quite a few [H]ard|Forum members in our yearly attendance. Hope to see some new faces and break the 500 mark this time. :D

Our first round of sponsors have been posted up. We will have support from Shuttle, Verizon, Enterasys, Introversion, Vinster.com, ConnectiCon, and Flickerdown Data Systems. A few of the companies have supported us for our past events, and a few of them are new sponsors. Enterasys lends us a core switch, and a technician for the weekend. The switch alone easily costs more than any of our staff member's homes. :)

We're going to see some prize packs from Introvision, a case from Vinster, some free memberships to ConnectiCon, and we're waiting on some of the others to finalize their donations. I do have plenty more sponsors that I'm dealing with at the moment, so expect to see more. :)

Our Sponsor page has had a few updates since the last news posting. Cooler Master has pledged support for this year's event with some Cases, Power Supplies, Heatsinks, and other prizes for our raffle, in addition to a healthy amount of swag. Tagan has pledged their support by donating four of their higher capacity power supplies for our raffle. Seasonic has also pledged support with a few power supplies for our raffle and some other swag to give away. Steel Series has also pledged support in the form of 10 headsets and 30 mousepads.

Please visit out Sponsor page for more information, and show them your support.

The storm just got upgraded. :)

LPANE is pleased to announce that our Premium sponsor for the Nor'Easter 2007 LAN event is the Intel® Corporation. As most of you know, Intel has been producing the Core™ 2 line of desktop processors, a boon for gamers and power users alike. The flagship of the Core 2 line is the Core 2 Extreme. Intel has graciously sponsored us 10, thats right TEN, Core 2 Extreme processors for this year's event! One of the processors donated will be used in a special raffle, available exclusively to prepaid attendees only. The others will be given out by Intel and LPANE during the event. These babies are worth a whopping $1,000 each, so make sure to prepay and reserve your seat today!

A number of Intel employees will be at the event to host their exhibitor booth. You'll be able to be see first hand what they offer the gaming community, and be able to use their demo stations to test their latest products. More information on their exhibitor plans, and what they'll be providing will be made available at a later date.

That's right, $10,000 in cpus to give away. One MILLION pennies worth of silicon. No gaming skill required. :)

I updated this post with the other announcements I've had since the topic started to make it easier for new readers to find information. :)

Whatever you do..
Lanchelms9052.jpg

Remember guys, there's only about a week left before the prices go up, so get the early bird pricing while you can. :)

I cant believe pissboy hasnt mentioned anything about that pic. IIRC he made that sign.

I had nothing to do with that sign, wasn't my event.

Also... Less than a day left to get the early bird pricing, if you want to get in cheap.. now is the time to do it.

I was at the fall Noreaster with one college friend. I had such a great time, and made a lot of good friends who i am in daily contact with today.

So naturally I convinced 4 more of my friends to go to this spring event. Its not to be missed!

Man now that I have a decent gaming laptop, i am SO tempted to fly up for this. The first one was a BLAST.
The logistics of getting my desktop up there 100% prevent me from doing it, but with this laptop, which can play any game I care about playing at a lan party (CS source mostly, some BF2 and whathaveyou in there for good measure)

Im gonna see if I can get some time off work to do this.

Our first round of sponsors have been posted up. We will have support from Shuttle, Verizon, Enterasys, Introversion, Vinster.com, ConnectiCon, and Flickerdown Data Systems. A few of the companies have supported us for our past events, and a few of them are new sponsors. Enterasys lends us a core switch, and a technician for the weekend. The switch alone easily costs more than any of our staff member's homes. :)

We're going to see some prize packs from Introvision, a case from Vinster, some free memberships to ConnectiCon, and we're waiting on some of the others to finalize their donations. I do have plenty more sponsors that I'm dealing with at the moment, so expect to see more. :)

Is the site not loading for anyone else? Im pretty local and wanted to check whatsup.

Is there a hotel nearby? How far is it?

I am really seriously thinking about doing this :)

Cool.

I havent hit the website yet, Im still trying to work the logistics of this. Is it in the same place as the first one? That RULED. The dude doing the run around the building in his bare feet was insane.:eek:

Cool.

I havent hit the website yet, Im still trying to work the logistics of this. Is it in the same place as the first one? That RULED. The dude doing the run around the building in his bare feet was insane.:eek:

Yup, that's the one. :)

Our Sponsor page has had a few updates since the last news posting. Cooler Master has pledged support for this year's event with some Cases, Power Supplies, Heatsinks, and other prizes for our raffle, in addition to a healthy amount of swag. Tagan has pledged their support by donating four of their higher capacity power supplies for our raffle. Seasonic has also pledged support with a few power supplies for our raffle and some other swag to give away. Steel Series has also pledged support in the form of 10 headsets and 30 mousepads.

Please visit out Sponsor page for more information, and show them your support.

Not that you go to LAN parties for the freebies but...

LPANE is pleased to announce that LaserWarez will be joining us for this event as an Exhibitor at our Nor'Easter 2007 event. LaserWarez will be on hand to show off some samples of their laser engraving, and help explain the services they provide. LaserWarez has pledged to donate a Dogtag, silencer, and 24" beaded chain for every single prepaid participant this event. Each Dogtag will have the event name and logo on one side, and will be personalized with each person's name and handle on the other. This is just another perk that prepaying will get you. Make sure to check out the following samples:
http://noreaster.lpane.net/

Dogtag1
Dogtag2
Dogtag3

sounds awesome. i will definitely be checking out some lan parties in the future :)

The storm just got upgraded. :)

LPANE is pleased to announce that our Premium sponsor for the Nor'Easter 2007 LAN event is the Intel® Corporation. As most of you know, Intel has been producing the Core™ 2 line of desktop processors, a boon for gamers and power users alike. The flagship of the Core 2 line is the Core 2 Extreme. Intel has graciously sponsored us 10, thats right TEN, Core 2 Extreme processors for this year's event! One of the processors donated will be used in a special raffle, available exclusively to prepaid attendees only. The others will be given out by Intel and LPANE during the event. These babies are worth a whopping $1,000 each, so make sure to prepay and reserve your seat today!

A number of Intel employees will be at the event to host their exhibitor booth. You'll be able to be see first hand what they offer the gaming community, and be able to use their demo stations to test their latest products. More information on their exhibitor plans, and what they'll be providing will be made available at a later date.

That's right, $10,000 in cpus to give away. One MILLION pennies worth of silicon. No gaming skill required. :)

hey - i really only play quake, is there going to be a couple dedicated quakers there, or at least enough to have a mini byoc tourny?

I'm not even sure, I know I still load up quake for some older gaming action, but who knows, I may not even have enough time to play a game this lan... again.. :)

Your best bet is to ask on the LPANE forums.

ok sweet johnyblaze - so far we have one or two others on the LPANE forums interested....so we can probably get something together for the event. maybe even some tdm!

pissboy[LPANE] said:
In last night's email blast I mentioned that I would be heading out today to pick up a PALLET of prizes from a new sponsor. Well, today I took my truck down to ABF Freight to pick up the prizes donated by a Gold sponsor of ours, Ultra Products. Their ATX computer cases took up most of the bed, and the two other cases full of heatsinks and power supplies had to ride up front with me. In total, we received 10 ATX cases, 5 modular power supplies, and 14 heatsinks. For more information on what they donated, check out the links to all of the prizes on our sponsors page.

We also announced that we'd be pre-selling RedBull to be delivered to the event, we secured a generator at a reduced rate from Milton CAT, and that we've opened up a few more rows of seats. :)

There are going to be some pritty freaking happy people to win those there. That many Core 2 extremes should raise the roof off the shriners auditorium.

Back