New NKS2400 HTPC

Occidio

[H]ard|Gawd
Got my new case in today and took some pictures. I will put the final pictures up when I got the mobo in the mail tomorrow. I am going to post links for the moment, if anyone wants the full pictures I will post them. I lowered them down to 800x600 but wasnt sure if that was still too big for some peeps.
Top view angle.
Picture 1
Top view.
Picture 2
HDD bay
Picture 3
I sacrificed one of my P160WF's DVD drive bay covers since I didnt want the black DVD drive showing. I just had to shave the 4 lil lips around it just a tad to get it without scratching anything.
Picture 4
Another pic of the HHD with a lil cable management of the fans and power switch plug.
Picture 5
A better shot of the stealth drive bay cover.
Picture 6

Got my motherboard in last night and I got everything setup. I only had one personal issue with the mobo, the location of the power plug was in a stoopid area. Made it really freakin hard to do some nice cable management. After I got all the drivers installed and hooked up to my HDTV though I am very happy about it. I was afraid I was going to have to ditch the integrated video card and install my nvidia. I am very happy with the settings of the ATI. I was able to make a custom HD resolution and it looks beautiful.
Here are some more pics.
Power supply/dvd bay.
PSU/DVD
Straight down shot of the mobo, note the bad power connection area.
MOBO
A shot with mobo and HDD area.
MOBO and HDD
Back angle of the mobo. After thinking about it, I might move that 4 pin power under the mobo.
I/O area
Shot of some cable ties and management.
Cable Management.
Picture of my EC with case and HDTV setup.
Finished product.
Closer shot.
Face shot.
Angled shot of TV area.
Face shot angle.

Overall I am extremely happy with this case. Customized cable lengths from PSU worked wonders and there are a few hidden areas to hide smaller cables. IE:Fan power cables are run under lips of the case metal and it came with some heavy duty cable ties for misc things. Strength is very nice and vents are nicely placed to conduct air flow. In one hand I hate that I sacrificed one of my drive bay covers from my P160 but I really like the way it looks on the HTPC and it will be shown more than my P160. I might find a way to order a replacement from Antec. I notice that the pictures show the drive bay cover to be a slight difference in color but I think thats the flash as in real light, it looks just like the front face panel.

nice case!
Where did you get the drive bay cover from? That really looks slick. I got the case a while ago when they had a MIR at directron for it. I'm still waiting for a "better" matx board that supports the C2D. I plan on going all-out since i haven't for 5 years, and seeing the 6100 and 6150 boards for 939 make me hope they will come out with something similar for the C2D.

I got the cover off of my Antec P-160WF. It came with 2 of them, you can see them on the picture in the link. I wanted it on my HTPC more than my game machine.

Nice job. You could easily run the 4 pin power underneath the mobo. Not that it would really make much difference airflow wise, but it would add to the look, and probably make you feel better inside :D

Also, I would add one or two more black airflow blockers by your CPU if you can. I think it's helpful to make sure the air doesn't go straight from the vents on the back of the case, through the fans out the side. You need that cool air circulating through there as much as possible.

I do have the brackets on. I just didnt get a picture of them installed. I got them almost touching the heatsink of the proc. When I originally bought that 3200+ and my X2-4800+ back in dec 05 I never use the stock heatsinks. I used to have the 3200+ in a antec lanboy case with a scythe ninja heatsink with no fan on it. It obviously would not fit in this case so I am using the stock heatsink/fan from the 4800+ on the 3200+. Under full load or even with the entertainment center closed with no air ducts the proc has not gone over 37C in this case.

Have you seen the pics of Antec's new cases? One of them is an all black Fusion, no idea if they plan on doing up the 2400 with a black bezel though.
Got Pics?

Even though I already bought my Fusion, I would seriously consider trading it for an all-silver version, if they ever make it.

Have you seen the pics of Antec's new cases? One of them is an all black Fusion, no idea if they plan on doing up the 2400 with a black bezel though.

It wouldnt be a bad idea to see if you could find the face cover if they sold it in black and by itself as a spare part, I know I can get a new face cover for my P-160 if I needed it. The fusion and NSK2400 are the same case expect for the VFD screen and volume knob. The fusion also has a custom drive bay cover, I wish they put them on this case so I didnt have to sacrifice one of mine.

Yeah, I saw that. It figures. :rolleyes:

The micro-fusion looks cool - I guess those are 80mm fans?

DE

Doubt it considering the looks of how high it is. It looks like its the same height of the nsk2400 and fusion but since the bottom portion is a different color it throws the angle off. Look at the dvd drive door and the height of that compared to whats left over below it to the fans. I think its micro cause it doesnt have 2 drive bays on top of each other.

Doubt it considering the looks of how high it is. It looks like its the same height of the nsk2400 and fusion but since the bottom portion is a different color it throws the angle off. Look at the dvd drive door and the height of that compared to whats left over below it to the fans. I think its micro cause it doesnt have 2 drive bays on top of each other.

It's a low profile case so it's around 3.5 inches tall which is enough for an 80mm fan.

It might work but really it's a custom designed faceplate that probably won't fit.

Heres a suggestion: get some double sided tape, cut the holding clips off of one of the drive covers. Sand down the edge of the clipped area so that it doesn't grab onto the case when you eject a DVD. Put some double sided tape on the drive's tray door and some over the button of the drive.

Easy as pie.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
It might work but really it's a custom designed faceplate that probably won't fit.

Heres a suggestion: get some double sided tape, cut the holding clips off of one of the drive covers. Sand down the edge of the clipped area so that it doesn't grab onto the case when you eject a DVD. Put some double sided tape on the drive's tray door and some over the button of the drive.

Easy as pie.
or use silver paint

Back