Another Upgrade with lots of Pictures, BIOS, Overclock Results, Benchmarks.

annaconda

[H]F Junkie
Ok here we go again. My last update was when the INTEL Conroe came out. I spend $500 to $600 then for the motherboard and CPU. Long story short, my last setup was as follow;

MSI 975X PowerUp Edition,
7600GT
[email protected] Fsb@400 (Could not pass that)
Crucial Ballistix PC6400 etc.

New Setup:

Intel Conroe E6300
EVGA 680i SLI Motherboard. (Upgrade)
Crucial Ballistix PC6400 EPP Memory SLI capable. (Upgrade).
8800GTS (Big Upgrade)
Swiftech Apogee CPU Water Block.
Swiftech MCW60 GPU Block with 8800 Series clamp.
Swiftech MCR320 (3 x 120mm FAN) Radiator.
Swiftech MCP655 Pump
Swiftech Reservior.
1/2 ID Tubbing from Home Depot ($3.46 for 10 feet). :)

Look at the size of EVGA SLI motherboard as compare to MSI 075X Powerup Edition.
IMG_0009.jpg

My Computer Case. It is Ultra Aluminus Case.
ULT31825_LR_1.jpg

Front of the Case.
ULT31825_LR_4.jpg

Packing of the Motherboard from EVGA is outstanding.
IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

It is a beautifull Motherboard.
IMG_0014.jpg

The first thing i did was took off the heatsink from motherboard and look at that ugly paste :mad: . I don;t understand why the hell EVGA put this ugly and overload paste for the heat sink. So i removed the paste cleaned it with Alcohol and applied Artic Silver 5.

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

Applied Artic Silver on CPU also.
IMG_0018.jpg

Here are the Water components, washed with vineger overnight and rewashed with distilled water. Guys you should always clean your radiator with vineger before use it, even after using this radiator for almost 6months, i cleaned it with vineger and the crap came out from radiator was unbelievable. :D
IMG_0019.jpg

Started to put the system togather, i used 90 degree elbows near the pump. Loop is

PUMP - > GPU - > CPU -> RADIATOR - > RESERVOIR - > PUMP (back)
IMG_0020.jpg

Nice Green Swiftech Coolent with Distilled Water. :D I think i managed to hide cables almost not visible, good clean case. :D

IMG_0021.jpg

Checking Leakages, i used clamps from Homedepot, they are steel hose clamps and perfect for any tubbing, screw them tight and don;t worry about leakage forever.

IMG_0022.jpg

Fired Up the System. :D
IMG_0023.jpg

Some more pictures.
IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

Sealed Pack and ready to roll for some benches and BIOS modifications.
IMG_0036.jpg

More updates will be coming, I will post some pictures of the BIOS setting and Overclock result.

Here comes the overclocking result first shot
FSB @ 464,
E6300 CPU @ 3.25
Here are some Sandra Benches.
Memory 8.5GB Bandwidth :eek:
RAID 0 = 132GB

3.25.jpg

CPU1.jpg

HardDrive.jpg

Mem.jpg

Here Comes the 3DMark06 GPU @ 660 / 2000Mhz.
gpu.jpg

Looks cool man. Those are some nice upgrades. I also like the placement of the pump. Couple of questions though: There wasn't another suitable place for your microRes? Why not watercool the NB too... I believe they put out a block for the 680i chipset not too long ago..

Regardless... looks nice.

Well i think that was the best place for Reservoir. There is a plenty of space, behind it. I can drip a hole in the ultra side plate and put a screw through it, or use some thing to tie it up. It looks kind of bad hanging like that. Watercooling the chipset is not a bad idea, but then what about the south chipset. :D

That beauty panel with ULTRA embossed on it comes off with a couple of screws. Pull it off, drill your holes and mount the res then put the panel back on to hide it.

Speechless:D . But the real question is, what are your IDLE & LOAD temps?

The radiator is sitting on the top of the case, because of the thickness of radiator and fans it is sitting perfectly, and tubes are holding it from falling behind. :D

The Idle temperature of 27c to 30c, and load never went above 34c for CPU @ 3.25 and 44c for the GPU @ 650/2000.

The radiator is sitting on the top of the case, because of the thickness of radiator and fans it is sitting perfectly, and tubes are holding it from falling behind. :D

The Idle temperature of 27c to 30c, and load never went above 34c for CPU @ 3.25 and 44c for the GPU @ 650/2000.

what Vcore are you at?

1.5V, i added the pictures of BIOS settings. Any suggestions how can i go upto 500FSB

That's a WC GTS right? Any board shots of what you chose to put ramsinks on?

And, btw, how the hell do you get them to stay on :D

Yes it is GTS, i used SEKISUI # 5760 tape. First i clean the rams with Alcohol and then put the ram sinks on.:D

wish i adjusted the mouse wheel before scrolling through the mad amount of pics...looks solid though!

Damn i changed a setting in BIOS for memory from Link to Unlinked and check out the results 1000 MB/s more bandwidth amazing. :D

9568.jpg

Nice system man. Sweet overclock. AWESOME temps!!

Two question though . . .

Isn't the voltages for everything except vcore and vdimm sorta high in this pic . . .

Also, I have the same mobo. Should one be disabling Virtualization technology and HPET function? I still have mine enables as I was unsure . . .

Thanks ;-)

yes you can leave them enabled. i was just trying to see if that help me go even higher.

What about them. I post the pictures of the voltages i set for CPU.

Well here it is CPU 1.5V
FSB 1.5
MEM 2.4

Can you change the multiplier on your motherboard? I am looking to buy a new motherboard for my computer in the next couple of months and want one that can change both the FSB and multiplier on an E6300.

Can you change the multiplier on your motherboard? I am looking to buy a new motherboard for my computer in the next couple of months and want one that can change both the FSB and multiplier on an E6300.

Yes i can, but the only option with E6300 is 6 and 7.

Back