Kingston HyperX PC3200 - 1GB DDR $80, 2x1GB $160, free ship, kingston.com

GreenMonkey

2[H]4U
http://shop.kingston.com/partsinfo.asp?ktcpartno=KHX3200A/1G&promo=HYPERX

http://shop.kingston.com/partsinfo.asp?ktcpartno=KHX3200AK2/2G&promo=HYPERX

Great for us DDR1 holdouts.

I've got my 2.4ghz s754 3400+ OC'd to 222x12. I've been waiting on a deal for cheap cas2 RAM for ages, I've been running my 2x512 Corsair Value RAM for > 2 years. To ebay it goes, it should net $70 or so, making my net cost about $90.

No more divider for me!

I was just going to get 1GB, but went ahead and got 2GB for my eventual dual core s939 mini-upgrade.

In for $160.

Credit fatwallet/slickdeals

I have a set of 1gigs that do 260 @ 2.5-3-3-7 2.7v so yes this is a really good price. In for another 2 gigs.

no it doesn't, maybe you might want to delete your temp files or cookies
edit: they tax you in checkout, you'll still end up saving $10
no go for me though, i would've bit if it was $160 without tax

I'm trying to order a couple gigs of this, but *damn* their site is slow. :mad: I imagine its probably saturation (the web site) beyond their expectations, because I've been going through the order process for close to 1/2 hour........ :confused:

Edit: Just got this after hitting the FINISH button on the order. Tell me that doesn't suck....:mad:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e31'

Timeout expired

/include/util.asp, line 1255

Be careful, I had the same message after entering my credit card info. Then I checked my account online and they did charge my account. Even though I did not see a confirmation email or make it to a confirmation page on their site the order must have went through.

I hope! I guess I will find out in a few days....

I'm glad i got in before the crowd did, i did my order within 2-3mins.

People on SD reporting that promotion expired message appears now and your cart is empty even if you can stomach the wait. I did this for 2 sets of 2x1GB earlier this morning before the site slow down. It just seemed like it wouldn't last but I didn't think they would be done so early. Good deal for those who jumped on it :)
++++++++++EDIT+++++++++++++++

I was mistaken, the 160 for 2 and 80 for 1 deal are still alive at this moment if you can stomach the slow site. Its just the 150 for 2 and 75 for 1 promotion that has ended. sorry about the confusion.

Be careful, I had the same message after entering my credit card info. Then I checked my account online and they did charge my account. Even though I did not see a confirmation email or make it to a confirmation page on their site the order must have went through.

I hope! I guess I will find out in a few days....

Thanks for the heads up on this....I'm hoping it went through. I'll check tomorrow and see if they didn't charge my account.

EDIT: Yep - my account *was* charged, so it looks like I might be getting my 2 gigs after all...:D I'd feel a lot better about it if I had received the confirmation e-mail though. Guess we'll see.....

Found a couple of reviews on this exact model number:

http://www.pcmoddingmy.com/e107_plugins/content/content.php?content.373.1

http://www.thinkcomputers.org/v2/index.!!!!!!!!reviews&id=344

Not too much overclocking at cas2 (207-214mhz tops), but both sites got 235mhz out of it - one site got 235@ 3-3-3-8 and the other got 235MHz at 2.5-3-2-5-1T.

pcmoddingmy.com said:
After tightening up the timings, our end result was 235MHz at 2.5-3-2-5-1T. At this point, it was clear that these modules were not built for overclockers as it was only able to deliver 235MHz. If you are interested, the above screenshot shows the modules going through 24 hours of Prime95 stress test without any errors.

This is a pretty good price for 2x1GB kit anyway.

Just ordered 2gig.

Says they got the order but it might take 3 business days to process. Lets see how fast kingston is.

bought a 2gb set too. nice deal! :D

Was tempted to grab 4gb, but I'm already not happy to be reinvesting in DDR at this time as it is since I'll be jumping to quad when it goes native. But too good a deal to pass up!

I called and talked with them a few minutes ago to verify that they received my order from last night (see above). They did indeed have it on file, they verified my info and told me that it ought to ship out today and I would get a confirmation with tracking number then. :cool: Very cool, and thanks to for the linkage guys!

Ax

I called and talked with them a few minutes ago to verify that they received my order from last night (see above). They did indeed have it on file, they verified my info and told me that it ought to ship out today and I would get a confirmation with tracking number then. :cool: Very cool, and thanks to for the linkage guys!

Ax

Very nice. Im excited!

Cute, went to order it and by the time I reacjed step 3 for checkout it was soldout!

There goes my little 4GB Vista upgrade!!!

Cute, went to order it and by the time I reacjed step 3 for checkout it was soldout!

There goes my little 4GB Vista upgrade!!!

2x1GB is back in stock as of right now, at least - I just jumped on it too. Going from 2x512MB Ballistix to this is probably going to hurt, but the price!

Yup, just ordered it! Now I just need my 8900GTX and I'll be happy bunny till fall:D

New prices....
1 gig 85 bucks
2 gig 165 bucks

on another note.... is 2 gigs overkill for a socket A (see specs)?? should i just grab 1 gig and be happy (i will then have a total of 1.5gig in my pc)? I play mainly WoW and CS:source

on another note.... is 2 gigs overkill for a socket A (see specs)?? should i just grab 1 gig and be happy (i will then have a total of 1.5gig in my pc)? I play mainly WoW and CS:source
most likely yes
yes
For WOW and CSS you don't need 2gb

LOL, ordered it yesterday and today its on my doorstep (I took the free ground)!!! Of course Windows XP only sees 3071MB...

LOL, ordered it yesterday and today its on my doorstep (I took the free ground)!!! Of course Windows XP only sees 3071MB...

Hell far.....:rolleyes: Must be nice. I haven't even seen a confirmation e-mail or *anything* yet. :mad:

Glad at least this has been a positive thing for you. :cool:

You may wanna double check I got my confirmation message right after I finished my order (the second attempt). I was expecting it to take a few days to process and ship like the site said.

Just called them, and they gave me a tracking number and mentioned that it shipped yesterday. Never did receive a confirmation e-mail though.....:confused:

Ahhh wtf its 165 now?!

I paid 180 two days ago like everyone else, will they give us the discount?

If this wasnt ddr1 id buy another 2 gig set lol!

i ordered it sunday night @ 180?

Me sad, ill have to call kingston tomarrow.

Back