DS3 Rev 3.3

Markdek

[H]ard|Gawd
The new DS3 Rev. 3.3 is coming out in end of January; there will be no new "name" for it, just a rev. 3.3 of ga-965p-ds3. Sooooo:

How can we purchase a 3.3 when it's out; I tried to get a rev 2.0, and nobody would guarantee I'd recieve a 2.0 (newegg, tiger, etc.). I did some major research here and made alot of phone calls. There are no stores that carry Giga near me. Newegg, Tiger, etc. would not guarantee that an order for a DS3 would be rev. 2.0; and now it seems the same will apply to the 3.3. Here is the link to the dude at Giga that has the "naming" info:

http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=4507

I know this was a problem w/ others who wanted the upgraded boards. I hope we consumers won't once again be buying motherboards from Giga via the Lottery (by luck)!!

M

P.S. Is this a marketing ploy, to clear out old stock? If they gave each major revision a new board "name", they'd have alot of leftover stock; what do you think? And how can a company sell a motherboard with the same name, but different spec's, like the FSB, in this case?

if you buy from newegg, you will get a 2.0 :p I did, if you wait 6 months, you will probably get a 3.3. Good luck!

Thxs for the response, but, that's what I was told 3 weeks ago, I bought from newegg, and got the 1.0, not the 2.0. Called Newegg, and many other companies, and they will not guarantee rev. numbers; I even called some stores, that unfortunately did not have 2.0 in stock.

This is my whole point, to be able to buy the exact board you want! So it's the same thing over again w/ the 3.3, eh? But my bigger point is now the specs are different!

I'm looking for people w/ experience that were able to specifically ask for a rev. # on a board, like the DS3, and got it; guaranteed, via the internet and at a decent price.

M

i have a bad p5b-deluxe and i am thinking about waiting for the rev. 3.3 but there are two things

1)as has been mentioned, i caontacted some major resellers and they dont guarantee revisions

2) will the 'native' 1333mhz FSB mobos be buggy at first? i cant afford to have to deal with yet more bugs.

Looking at the Fry's / Outpost site they currently only carry the G version (Onboard Video).

So no walking out of there with the one I want.:mad:

But another local place Central Computers does show that they carry the DS3. Being on the small side they probably don't even have any 2's yet. But I'll cruise by tomorrow and check.

From the article, it looks like the DS3 will have an ICH8R upgrade over the ICH8.

But aside from that, wouldn't just increasing the FSB from 266 to 333 on the rev.2 board be exactly the same thing as running 1333 on the rev.3 board?

From the article, it looks like the DS3 will have an ICH8R upgrade over the ICH8.

But aside from that, wouldn't just increasing the FSB from 266 to 333 on the rev.2 board be exactly the same thing as running 1333 on the rev.3 board?

Yes, you can oc the FSB, but they restructured the electrons on the board too, as mentioned there is the newer 8R chip, and other changes.

Still wondering/waiting for anyone w/ a solution to buying a rev. 2.0 or 3.3; any retailers guaranteeing your purchase of a certain revision #?

They should have to destroy current stock of these miserable boards. I had one that wouldnt hold the overclock on a cold boot. Why is Gigabyte still making these boards? ...and why aren't people just buying the much more stable Asus varient?

Stop buying GB so that they can stop respinning this defective product. :rolleyes:

Yes, you can oc the FSB, but they restructured the electrons on the board too, as mentioned there is the newer 8R chip, and other changes.

Still wondering/waiting for anyone w/ a solution to buying a rev. 2.0 or 3.3; any retailers guaranteeing your purchase of a certain revision #?

WOW!! They're altering the atomic structure of the board. THIS IS IMPRESSIVE!! :p :D

Nice catch; and funny; but not a helpful nor constructive post;

I guess I've done a few of those 2.

They should have to destroy current stock of these miserable boards. I had one that wouldnt hold the overclock on a cold boot. Why is Gigabyte still making these boards? ...and why aren't people just buying the much more stable Asus varient?

Stop buying GB so that they can stop respinning this defective product. :rolleyes:

We'll, if you told me or us why, then we would know!

I bought a DS3 from ZZF, just last week, because newegg was OOS and I got a Rev1 with an F4 BIOS.

I wouldn't bet on getting anything specific for a long time.

We'll, if you told me or us why, then we would know!

Just know that I had my P5B-E first, went to a DS3 for awhile and came back. If you want better overclock and stability then stick with the P5B-E.

damn these must be the reworked RMA'd boards, repackaged.

I can't believe they're still selling Rev. 1 boards.

wow that sucks! I ordered a DS3 from newegg before christmas and reieved rev 2.0.
Im about to order two more but ill think about it now......:mad:

Not true, actually. If you look carefully at Gigabyte's website, the ONLY difference listed in the specifications between the DS3 rev 2 and the DS3 rev 3.3 is the 1333 FSB support. The interview posted above also indicated a new 2.5x multiplier, but Gigabyte doesn't mention that.

The DS3 rev 3.3 does NOT use the ICH8R--you must have been looking at the DS3P, which is not the same, and doesn't appear to be sold in the U.S.

http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=4507&s=2

Look at the chart comparing 1333 to 1066. I think there's a type and the right column should've said 2.0 instead of 3.3

I don't think the DS3 3.3 will have the ICH8R. Probably just a type-o in their presentation. If it does, then there is no real difference between the DS3/DS3P/DS4 other than some cosmetic issues. As it is the DS3P and DS4 overlap each other.

Central Computers does show that they carry the DS3. Being on the small side they probably don't even have any 2's yet. But I'll cruise by tomorrow and check.

If I have time, I'll swing by the Central Computer on Stevens Creek Blvd and see if they carry v3.3 of any Gigabyte and if no, I'll ask and see when they plan on getting them in stock.

Although their prices is somewhat high compare to Newegg, I do find that their products are in better condition than Fry's. This is where I bought my CM 832 case, at CC. The only other retailer that is cheaper than Newegg is Microcenter, at least on the stuff I plan on buying.

We can't get the DS3P here, and no ICH8R! What a huge disappointment! They were supposed to be launched in Jan. It's already Feb and no one has mentioned anything!

quick advice needed, DS3 2.0 or P5N-E SLI

I'll probably never use it for SLI but same price for the most part

outspoken, could you please let us know how things went between you and clubit after you receive your mobo? It would be nice to know the rev number, also :D

outspoken, could you please let us know how things went between you and clubit after you receive your mobo? It would be nice to know the rev number, also :D

You didn't ask me, but the worst thing I've heard about ClubIT is that there website is sometimes slow, so it's safe to order from them. As for the rev number, the website specificially says it's rev 3.3, so if you order it and by some fluke get a different revision, they'd have to swap it out or give you a 100% refund (incl shipping).

One of the (close-up of the corner) picture really do say it's REV. 3.3. Keep us posted on how yours goes.

They boosted up the power supply (phasing) to the cpu; change in audio and network chipsets; and some newer componants.

Back