Forceware 100.54 Vista 32bit

Frosteh

2[H]4U
This is the origional source, i will post mirrors as they go up.

http://www.crsky.com/soft/4601.html

Early reports are no SLi yet but they're suppsoed to support 6/7/8 range.

Mirrors

64bit Mirrors:

Note: If you're having problems installing the rapidshare version of these you might want to try the original link or the filefront link as they're both the originals.

Ah, aren't these the "final" ones Nvidia sent to OEM partners late last week?
I'm still considering making the early jump to Vista, so I'll be watching these carefully.

Well that was the revision that was released, im not sure exactly where these came from so we'll have to see, I'm hoping SLi will be working, but no gurantees.

Thanks for the link! That first one, WTF?!?! At least the mirror isn't a shitty speed capped server. Good lookin' out homie!

I uninstalled my previous drivers, but when I started the install for 100.54, the process finishes with the message in the NIVIDIA setup window, "No changes were made to your system."

This is usualy something to do with the video card not being listed in the .inf file.

What video card do you have?

Strange support is in there.

Several people have mentioned problems with the installation from the rapid share repacked version, try the original link or the filefront link if you got the rapidshare version.

Has anyone who successfully installed these checked for any way of overclocking (ntune or rivatuner, etc.), or is it still 100% nonfunctional on that front :(?

OK, got them in, but nothing new really, no overclocking still, no SLI from what I've read elsewhere. I haven't tested performance, but initial impressions are "meh" :(. PLEASE give us overclocking nVidia :D!

when everyone says they don't have overclocking - are they saying they can't get NTune to work at all? Or are they like me: Sliders show up but anytime the values are changed and the test button is clicked, it "fails" ??

Do they have nview with dual display functionality - ie horizontal stretch.

I only have one monitor hooked up, it does have a tab with multi-monitor options but none of them are displayed for me.

when everyone says they don't have overclocking - are they saying they can't get NTune to work at all? Or are they like me: Sliders show up but anytime the values are changed and the test button is clicked, it "fails" ??

Exactly like your scenario.

Hmmm, hadn't seen that before, gonna go try it!

EDIT: It works with the latest forceware, but does not seem to enable overclocking without TEST FAILED always :(.

when i try to open the nvidia control panel, i get pop ups saying I do not have adminsitrative access. weird, because I am an administrator??

when i try to open the nvidia control panel, i get pop ups saying I do not have adminsitrative access. weird, because I am an administrator??

You have to change the shortcut to "Run as administrator" or it won't work.

You have to change the shortcut to "Run as administrator" or it won't work.

lol sorry, vista newbie here.. but I used the shell extension (right click desktop). where can I change that shortcut?

also i tried making a shortcut.. but that option was grayed out.

EDIT: solved my own problem

click START - ALL PROGRAMS - NVIDIA CORP - NVIDIA CTRL PNL
now right click PERFORMANCE goto PROPERTIES then COMPATIBILTY TAB and tick to run as administrator.
APPLY this and then left click PERFORMANCE.

Same prob as you guys.. always fails the Overclock test!!

Sorry, I should have been more specific as to how to do it :). I guess you did figure it out, though :D!

As was said earlier in this thread, the RS one didn't really work, but the FileFront one worked perfectly for my 7900GT.

Anyway, after installing it, I went to the control panel and was treated to an image preview (Nvidia logo rotating) with FSAA actually enabled. (all previous Vista drivers had probs with FSAA to my knowledge) I'm not sure if the same applied to everyone or just myself, but either way, it was the first time I've seen it on Vista.

Either way, games so far are running much better than previously. Woot!

That's what mine does.

when is dx10 out? I've seen all kinds of adds in the paper for vista on Jan 30th, will it be out then?

So far, so good! Finally, a working driver set for us 8800 users. I have only played Far Cry so far, but it runs just as good as under XP! More play testing coming with some CoD2, Doom3, Quake4, and Flight Simulator X.

when is dx10 out? I've seen all kinds of adds in the paper for vista on Jan 30th, will it be out then?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it bundled with Vista, since mine shows DirectX 10 in the dxdiag program and nVidia's control panel for the DirectX version? With games like Supreme Commander supposedly supporting it with a patch shortly after release, I don't see how this could be incorrect.

So far, so good! Finally, a working driver set for us 8800 users. I have only played Far Cry so far, but it runs just as good as under XP! More play testing coming with some CoD2, Doom3, Quake4, and Flight Simulator X.

I finally got up the guts to BIOS flash my card to 576core/1350sp(shader domain)/1840ram, and it shows still as only overclocking the one domain within RivaTuner (the first domain), and not the others. It runs like a banshee, so I'm questioning whether this functionality is intended or not (for only one domain to actually be overclocked). I guess time will tell.

EDIT: Changed it now to 621core/1460sp(shader)/2000ram and runs fine so far through a couple of quick gaming runs. Temperatures nominal, speed ridiculous :D!

I can't wait for my new copy of UT2004 (DVD edition) to come in to try that out too... so far I've only been playing WoW, DAOC, and CounterStrike: Source with this install... I want to pop that in after. I think I'll put Need For Speed: Most Wanted in later too :D, and perhaps Oblivion, to really give this thing a stress-test. Overall, stability/framerate in my games and general system usage has been spectacular, though.

Shit, I just played a couple levels of CoD2, and it is smooth as butter in Vista, steady and fast framerates, no graphical glitches thus far. This OS is going to be good. So far, I am having great results with this driver!
Next up, Flight Sim X.

I'll have a high speed mirror up for you guys in just a bit. Moving them to the server now. :)

Shit, I just played a couple levels of CoD2, and it is smooth as butter in Vista, steady and fast framerates, no graphical glitches thus far. This OS is going to be good. So far, I am having great results with this driver!
Next up, Flight Sim X.

Wow, I just tried Counter-Strike: Source, and Dark Age of Camelot for awhile, the performance is great and no graphical errors whatsoever. This OS is indeed going to be good, it should be/is much smoother so far than the XP one for gaming, and the desktop front rocks on this :D!

Played some more CoD2 online, and for the multiplayer executable, I had to set compatibility tab to XP SP2 level or the game would hang at the initial loading screen. Easy workaround and once I did that, the game was flying. Again, butter smooth and on par with XP. It is shaping up to be a great gaming OS, and the new interface for me, is the bomb.

I am headed off to watch BattleStar Galactica though, and I will leave something looping while I am gone....more to come.....

OP, feel free to put these links in your post. They are on a high speed server with no bullshit 'wait to download' or captcha crap. Just click and download.

These links are referer protected for the [H]ardOCP forums only.

nVidia Forceware 100.54 for Windows Vista (32-bit): Click to Download
nVidia Forceware 100.54 for Windows Vista (64-bit): Click to Download

OP, feel free to put these links in your post. They are on a high speed server with no bullshit 'wait to download' or captcha crap. Just click and download.

These links are referer protected for the [H]ardOCP forums only.

nVidia Forceware 100.54 for Windows Vista (32-bit): Click to Download
nVidia Forceware 100.54 for Windows Vista (64-bit): Click to Download
Hopefully the installer works with this set. So far only the 100.51 drivers install for me. I tried the 100.54 set from three different places and they all did nothing after the reboot. It was the strangest thing. I tried installing through device manager and I just ended up with a plain ol' VGA adapter. I'll try these while logged on as administrator and see what happens. I never had to worry about that before but maybe that's the trick?

Ok, so this time I didn't uninstall the previous drivers. I updated the 100.51 with the 100.54 drivers. No errors and no crashes so far.

Need for Speed Carbon: 1920x1200, max settings/& 1024x768 max settings(to double check the hitching issue) Still a bit hitchy in random areas. It's really smooth but will hiccup for no reason, with no other cars or with a lot of cars on screen. *shrugs*

HL2 - 1920x1200, 8XAA, max in game settings, 16XSSAF - SMOOTH

Rainbow Six Vegas - 1920x1200 max settings/any combination of settings (for testing blanking issue - Screen flashes every now and then. It's not as bad as the 100.30's but it's there. There also seems to be a timing issue, when walking the game doesn't stutter but you will move really fast for some unknown reason and then go back to a normal pace. Aim is not affected for some reason. I don't have my logitech drivers installed and I'm wondering if that's part of the problem. I didn't have this issue with my ATI x1900XT.

Splinter Cell: Double Agent - 1600x1200 max settings no AA - Create a shortcut to the game executable and modify it to add a command line switch -ll and you are golden. This game plays BEAUTIFULLY! The opening level where you kill the guard by breaking the ice and pulling him down and then proceeding into the building to kill the gaurd in the bunk and then disabling the electric fence used to kill the x1900XT at almost any setting. This game is playing REALLY SMOOTH. XBOX 360 controller FTW!

That's it for tonight. I stayed up way to late to test this shit. I hope to try out the following tomorrow:

Flatout 2
RACE
GTR2
CS:S
HL: Ep1
Test Drive Unlimited Beta <---You need to be an IGN founders club or fileplanet member.
WoW <--That is going to be a long ass install.

On a side note, ReadyBoost seems to smooth things out a bit. I'm using a Sandisk Cruzer Micro 2 U3 2GB. You can find these around the web for as low as $22.

any of you using these drivers know if there is any way to change custom timings? i need to run CVT or my dear Samsung monitor will flicker like there's no tomorrow :/

Anyone tried these with a 7800GT?

100.30 seemed to offer very little performance gains over the public Vista drivers in HL2 and BF2. (BF2 is absolutely unplayable with those drivers, massive stuttering, and HL2 jumps between 10 and 40 frames and generally looks horrible on max settings)

(Sorry for the dupe post in the x64 thread, it wont let me delete it)

Confirmed by good ole me with the 100.54 drivers on Vista RC2 with my 8800 GTS BF2 and BF2142 run at a steady 50fps at 1280x768 (Yea i know, crappy res.) Seems to work great ^_^ Gonna try out FlightX and Oblivion tonight; maybe some HL2 and CS:S

Back