Samsung 226BW vs Sceptre X22-WG

makots

n00b
I have narrowed my choice for monitors between the following:

1. Samsung 226BW
2. Sceptre X22-WG

From what I have read in the forums they both have roughly the same features and specs. However, I have read bad things about the Sceptre's Chimei panel and backllight bleed while the 226BW seems to have a Samsung TN panel as oppossed to every other vendors 22" model. Any feedback about these two models in comparison would be appreciated. Thanks.

I have the Sceptre and it has given me nothing but problems. This monitor comes with a faulty DVI port. After a few weeks of use the port goes bad.

My Sceptre was working fine, I had the Xbox 360 on the VGA and the computer on the DVI.

I hardly used the computer and after a few weeks the port died. I like the monitor it has a beautiful picture so I decided to just use the HDMI port. I ordered the HDMI to DVI cord from newegg and the HDMI port did not work either. At this point I was furious. I will be returning this monitor.

By the way if you get a faulty monitor it will only be repaired instead of replaced. Buying this monitor is a gamble. I have gambled on many products and this is the only one that I crapped out on.

Samsung here I come.

Did you end up getting that 226BW yet? I really want to know what people think about it, im hoping to get two of them

Back