Intel's E6600 Heatsink Factory Failure & a Solution!

E6600_HeatsinkFuckup_001.jpg

E6600_HeatsinkFuckup_002.jpg

E6600_HeatsinkFuckup_003.jpg

E6600_HeatsinkFuckup_004.jpg

YouriCarmaMYRIG_resize-1.jpg

The Intel heatsink is a factory misfit cause the edges of the copper bottom of the heatsink STICK OUT!

Hope you'll see my point here?

I could have even out those edges by sandpapering it with watterproof on a glass plate and later polish it on this same glass plate to polish it with polishpaste.

But I didn't have the time and wanted better cooling anywayz so I go for the Best Tested Scyth Infinity:
CPU Temp idle: 40 Celsius - Load: 59
NB Temp idle: 29 Celsius - Load 36

Acrylic 12 cm fan stays remarkably on 1171 RPM on load!?

Normaly the standard Intel cooling are quiet good don't misunderstand.

I will use Use and report back I quote WarriorX:
"orthos.
Use core temp.
Get a screen capture program. I recommend screengrab."

TnX!

By the looks on the 2nd picture you used the thermal paste that came with the heat sink. You should've used Silver Artic or something like that for it.

Unlike others Youri, I am appreciative for the information. Thanks. It would be nice to see a pic with a razor blade or some other strait edge reflecting exactly how concave the HS base is.

Unlike others Youri, I am appreciative for the information. Thanks. It would be nice to see a pic with a razor blade or some other strait edge reflecting exactly how concave the HS base is.

IMG_1036_resize.jpg

Its not entirely concave but it seems to have a edge sticking out.

Remember these pictures where taken just after I removed the heatsink after this Standard Intel E6600 heatsink had been on my cpu for quiet a while.

You clearly can see that the thermal paste from the greased cpu never even touched the heatsink apart from a small edge.

You exactly can see where the heatsink did hit the cpu namely exactly on the edges.

With a propper heatsink the footprint on that heatsink from the thermal paste of the greased cpu would be exactly that of the cpu.....to be perfectly clear about this.

To make it even more clear for some disbelievers.

IMG_1066b_resize.jpg

Here I used the ceramic white paste (Which I never use only for this purpose) to make the outsticking edges clear.

You clearly can see the shape of the edge sticking out here.

LOL. this kind of shit is exactly why I don't come to hardforum as often as I used to. Stupid noob. Reapply thermal//lap the CPU/heatsink. Don't waste our time by showing us your idiocy.
:rolleyes:

So I've been following the advise of some of you.

ORTHOSE6600_ScythInfinityb.jpg

ChamberTemp_resize.jpg

Chamber Temp

I am also gonna check out OCCT

OCCT_E6600_ScythInfinity_resize.jpg

ChamberTemp2OCCT_resize.jpg

ORTHOS is clearly the winnar in stresstesting cause it results in higher top load temps.

I did the stresstest again with ORTHOS shortly after using OCCT with the same endresults in Top Temps even when the Chamber Temp dropped a little.

Still have to try screengrab TnX for the advise WarriorX!

You see that I am a quick learnabout.

Youri

Intel Technical Support emailed you back a while ago now asking you for your fan details and proof of purchase so that they can replace the faulty heatsink for you.

Any chance of a reply?

I should know as I was the one who emailed you.......

Well that's a realy need thing to do, maybe I got the e-mail but reconed it for spam?

I am not to worried about replacing my heatsink cause I am able to flat it out if I want to.
I grind it with waterproof first and polish it with (3 diffirent) polish paste on a glass plate.

I am more curious what happend in the factory with this heatsink and how many people have the same problem?

TnX for the customer support anyways.

The E6600 CPU works very nice 3,33 GHz - 23 Celsius Idle and 41 Celsius (1,35v CPU BIOS setting) on load with the Scyth Infinity.

I would have tested the standard cooling cause I don't think it is a bad one....only the fan is a little to noisy maybe but the heatsink (apart from the bottomedges) looks fine.

Can you send me this e-mail again on my listed e-mail here on hardforum so I can show people your service?

Youri

Intel Technical Support emailed you back a while ago now asking you for your fan details and proof of purchase so that they can replace the faulty heatsink for you.

Any chance of a reply?

Bit OT, but that's some sweet ninja customer service you're doing there, keep it up

Youri

Any chance of a reply?

Why is proof of purchase even necessary? Do you think he stole it? Are there lots of counterfeit Intel heatsinks on the market?

I don;t understand why heatsink companies and chipmakers cannot do good lapping.

Beats me!

It degrades the Intel Standard cooling heatsink to useless.

I still have to Lap (New English word for me used to call it sandpapering) this heatsink cause I didn't needed it yet.

This new post from annaconda inspired me to finaly finish this job so I can try it on later.

See the post from annaconda "Lapping Q6600.":

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1215680

Back