December 2006 - Rev GSM002

- the OSD reports:
Firmware Rev.114
Panel LM201U05-SLA1

I did some quick tests and so far I like it a lot:
- no dead pixels
- no backlight leaks
- haven't notice any banding issues

Thanks Snowdog and others for all your help ... ;)

Good stuff. Does this come with 4 cables in Canada (2 VGA and 2 DVI)?

So, how does the screen look?

Are you happy with it? I'm about to pull the trigger.

It is an excellent 4:3 S-IPS panel. I haven't played with it a lot, but so far I like it a lot. It's got everything that I wanted. I've owned 2007WFP for 2 weeks ,but I couldn't adjust to the widescreen format, otherwise Dell was an excellent display too. You can find few pix I put together quickly at http://web.295.ca/~caveman36/index.html

If you have any questions please shoot, I'll try my best to answer them :D

can't find 2065 on shopRBC.com, anyway it's $500 at compusmart and free shipping.

wow, very good price, do not forget $40 rebate on top of it (I hate mail-in rebates).....I guess the price has dropped... :eek:

You are using DVI and a dedicated graphics card, rt?

It may be the photos, but the display doesn't look all that great.

What is your opinion of the image quality? I am either getting this one, or forking over 2x the price for a 24".

Much thanks.

Congrats I guess..... $530CDN for a non widescreen lcd, lol damn thats a lot :eek:

4:3 FTL.... widescreen's where it's at :cool:

You are using DVI and a dedicated graphics card, rt?

It may be the photos, but the display doesn't look all that great.

What is your opinion of the image quality? I am either getting this one, or forking over 2x the price for a 24".

Much thanks.

Once it is configured properly it is very good for photo editing. Check out www.dpreview.com, there is a quite few happy customers using it. IMHO the PQ is very good. Depending what you are going to do with it, for me 20" is plenty, perhaps the money you save on 4" spend on some good video card to drive its native resolution at 1600*1200 ;)

Congrats I guess..... $530CDN for a non widescreen lcd, lol damn thats a lot :eek:

4:3 FTL.... widescreen's where it's at :cool:

No offense bud, but I'm not a big fun of widescreen, plus this is a price if you want a S-IPS screen. I wish it was cheaper, but unfortunately it is not. I've had Dell 2007WFP for two weeks (basically 17" with extra space on the sides) and I didn't like it. However I really liked the S-IPS panel that Dell had, so I've decided to get 4:3. I don't play games much, all I use the montior for is some video/photo editing and web browsing. Anyways I don't want to get into another WS vs. non-WS debate...eheheh.... :p

Would you say your display quality is as nice as the Apple displays? I know it's not as pretty in terms of hardware/styling, but in terms of the quality of the LCD panel?

(I just got back from BestBuy and the Apple ones looked so much nicer than basically every other brand, incl the Gateway 24".)

Thank you.

Question about this:

I have one on order and am a little confused about the 2 dvi ports/ 2 dvi cables. Is this to hook up 2 computers and switch between them or is this the dual-Dvi to put two dvi cables into the same computer?

Can someone elaborate on this and the advantages of dual-dvi?

Question about this:

I have one on order and am a little confused about the 2 dvi ports/ 2 dvi cables. Is this to hook up 2 computers and switch between them or is this the dual-Dvi to put two dvi cables into the same computer?

Can someone elaborate on this and the advantages of dual-dvi?

Two computers/devices. They can be 2 VGA, 2 DVI or 1 VGA and 1 DVI. Handy at times.

I use my second connection on my monitor to run a VGA-TV tuner into it.

No offense bud, but I'm not a big fun of widescreen

why no love for widescreen?

is this monitor glossy or anti-glare? component VGA?

and is there more or less a consensus agreement that this is the best all-around 4:3 monitor? I myself am beginning to consider getting the 20" NEC S-IPS, but might be open to considering something else compareble. but if the NEC does 1:1 scaling, I might just stick with it

why no love for widescreen?

I can only speak for myself, but normal 4:3 resolution is easier on my eyes as well as i appreciate the larger amount of pixels.

On top, i was really getting tired of always trying to find some "hacks" for games that don't support widescreen.

I perfer 4:3 for the same reasons. And I hate viewing 4:3 resolutions with vertical bars on the sides on 16:10 monitors (although it is not nearly as bad as stretching the image to fill the screen).

Finally the wait is over ;-)
I live in Ottawa, Canada and I bought it from a local
computer store shopRBC.com (totally recommended) for
$530CDN (before $40US mail-in rebate)

- on the back of the monitor it says:
December 2006 - Rev GSM002

- the OSD reports:
Firmware Rev.114
Panel LM201U05-SLA1

I did some quick tests and so far I like it a lot:
- no dead pixels
- no backlight leaks
- haven't notice any banding issues

Thanks Snowdog and others for all your help ... ;)

Well, it looks like HP took Dell's lottery idea. I just got a HP LP2065 and on the service menu it says AUO M201UN02-V6. This means that they've gone to A-MVA panels. Has anyone heard anything about these type of panels?

Firmware Revision
REV.115
LCD Part Number:
AUO M201UN02-V6

Thanks,

Well, it looks like HP took Dell's lottery idea. I just got a HP LP2065 and on the service menu it says AUO M201UN02-V6. This means that they've gone to A-MVA panels. Has anyone heard anything about these type of panels?

Firmware Revision
REV.115
LCD Part Number:
AUO M201UN02-V6

That sucks. Where are you located and where did you buy it from? I would only buy this screen because it was S-IPS. If that changes, what is the point. May as well buy the Dell in that case.

That sucks. Where are you located and where did you buy it from? I would only buy this screen because it was S-IPS. If that changes, what is the point. May as well buy the Dell in that case.

I'm located in California but it was purchased from PC Connection. (They have EXCELLENT customer service btw, most of their items ship same day until 11pm or so). The monitor is made in China.

Hi, all.

Mine is on its way and should be here on Wed.

I do not want it if it's not IPS. I went back and forth for ever between this and a 24", and I went with this because it was affordable and high quality.

I guess I'm stuck with it once I open the box, right?

Hi, all.

Mine is on its way and should be here on Wed.

I do not want it if it's not IPS. I went back and forth for ever between this and a 24", and I went with this because it was affordable and high quality.

I guess I'm stuck with it once I open the box, right?

Hi Uluvbs (and no, I don't ;),

If you ordered from HP, you'll be able to return it even if you opened the
box and checked out the monitor, but you may have to pay a restock fee
(you can request a waiver of the restock if you get a cooperative CS rep).

If you ordered it from a retailer like PC Connection, make sure to check
their policies first, as some will only exchange or give store credit when
returning an item. If in doubt, return it un-opened, and order directly from
HP (my 2065 came very quickly from them).

I just got my 2065 last week, haven't even turned it on yet. I am worried
about the possible use of non-IPS panels, if mine turns out to be one of
them I may return it, but I'll first check it out next to the Dell 3007-HC that
will be my primary monitor. If I don't notice a substantial difference between
the two (the HP in portrait mode), I'll keep it regardless, but if it's noticeable
I'll have to start playing "return roulette". :(

CAMster

hey I just started the LP2065 lottery thread, update us there when you get your LCD! thanks

According to Securemart's Web site, it says the products of several manufacturers (including HP, Apple, NEC, etc.) "cannot be returned under any circumstances."

;-(

Not sure what to do.

Has anyone had a chance to see what the box of their LP2065 says re: model/style number?

According to Securemart's Web site, it says the products of several manufacturers (including HP, Apple, NEC, etc.) "cannot be returned under any circumstances."

;-(

Not sure what to do.

Has anyone had a chance to see what the box of their LP2065 says re: model/style number?

I'll check it out when I get home...but what REV does it say on the sticker?

I'll check it out when I get home...but what REV does it say on the sticker?

My LP2065 (which I have yet to turn on) has a box and monitor REV number of GSM002.
My Dell 3007-HC is due to arrive shortly, and when it comes in I'll set up both monitors,
check the HP for it's service menu, and report what it says there.

CAMster

Just look it up in the menu.

Turn off your monitor and hold the menu button when turning it on. Then bring up the menu and go into the service menu item. It'll tell you the panel used.

I think rev. GSM002 means you got an S-IPS.

Yes, it is does have the S-IPS panel. I didn't write everything down from the service
menu, but I think the specs are essentially identical to what Destino posted in the
"Lottery Thread". The purplish effect is definitely present when you view from an
angle, something that would be annoying if I had any reason to do so, but as I'll
always be looking at it straight-on the benefits of IPS rule...

CAMster

hmm its a 4:3 monitor, so I don't know why that would be important. you'd be able to watch movies in widescreen, but with the black bars on the top and bottom...I don't know how it would work for video games though

CAMster, do u still have your box handy? Did you already post your model/style no.? Thank you.

CAMster, do u still have your box handy? Did you already post your model/style no.? Thank you.

Uluvbs,
I have the main barcode label in front of me (cut it out of the box as part
of sending stuff in for the $40 rebate). I haven't posted the exact info from
the Service screen, but as I remember it was the same as what Destino
had posted in the "Lottery Thread":

[from Destino's post]
Firmware Revision:
REV.114

LCD Part Number:
LPL LM201U05-SLA1

Manufactured:
December 2006 (China)