Just purchased a new 3007WFP

Shemp

n00b
:) Today I ordered a new 3007WFP (non HC) from Dell for $1083.02 & $71.42 in taxes for a total of $1154.44 with free delivery. I think I got a pretty good deal with no coupons & just the Dell 15% off.

Like everyone else here, I’ll report on likes, dislikes & any problems.

I’d like to thank everyone on this forum for helping me make up my mind on this. I spent 2 or 3 weeks researching the 3007 on the web & found this the best monitor forum.

I just hope I get a good one!

Shemp

Good luck with that..I just wish I was in the 30 inch club. I would be, but my card would not support it.

Good luck with that..I just wish I was in the 30 inch club. I would be, but my card would not support it.

Yea, thanks. I just hope I don't need any luck. Its a shame that all these different monitors & especially the higher priced products are such a crap shoot.

Shemp

Thats a great price you got on that...is that the HC or the previous model?

How did you get it that cheap? Did you contact the company directly?

How did you get it that cheap? Did you contact the company directly?

First, I thought about just doing it through their website, but not being able to find any coupons & not wanting to pay their stated price – even with the automatic 15% savings & using Fat Wallet put me off. So I called them up & we talked…

Shemp

First, I thought about just doing it through their website, but not being able to find any coupons & not wanting to pay their stated price – even with the automatic 15% savings & using Fat Wallet put me off. So I called them up & we talked…

Shemp

Nice work. Perhaps I may have a chat with a Dell rep soon. :)

where'd you get the 15% off coupon?

It was not a coupon, just the default 15% off their running right now & their free shipping.

If you do call them don't be put off. They didn't want to play much at all at first. :D

Shemp

yeah i just ordered a E228WFP online and automatically got 10% off. at first it confused me but i'm not gonna argue it. hell i placed the order about this time last night and the shipping estimate should put it in my hands on monday :cool:

Shemp can you do me a favor?
Go to your account and let me know what it says on the item description.
I.E.) DIS, WIDE FLAT PANEL,30,3007WFP

Thanks. :D

Shemp did you tell them it was for home or small business?

I told them it was for home, & it is but when things weren’t going my way during the process I also mentioned that I was a local government worker & that I had looked at that part of their website but didn’t fair much better really. I don’t know that this had any bearing on the outcome but during heat of battle you pull out all the stops.:D Once or twice more she asked where I was going to use the monitor (home).

Small Business never came into the conversation.

I just checked where she put the order & it is a Home order.

Shemp

Shemp can you do me a favor?
Go to your account and let me know what it says on the item description.
I.E.) DIS, WIDE FLAT PANEL,30,3007WFP

Thanks. :D

Item Number Quantity Item Description
222-0863 1 Dell 30 inch UltraSharp Widescreen Digital Flat Panel
960-9390 1 Type 11 Contract-Monitor Advance Exchange 1Yr Limited Warranty.
983-2207 1 Thank You for buying Dell
960-4332 1 Type 11 Contract-Monitor Advance Exchange-2Yr Limited Warranty
983-2217 1 Please visit WWW.Dell.COM

Subtotal: $1083.02
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Tax: $71.42

Total: $1154.44

Just wondering why you want to know this?

Shemp

I want to get their Complete Care package which covers almost any form of abuse over three years but they don't offer it in FL. I'm still trying to find an alternative. FL has some bs law banning companies from selling any sort of insurance unless they're explicitly licensed through the state.

I want to get their Complete Care package which covers almost any form of abuse over three years but they don't offer it in FL. I'm still trying to find an alternative. FL has some bs law banning companies from selling any sort of insurance unless they're explicitly licensed through the state.

She tried several times to get me to add years onto the warranty either for free or at a reduced price as part of her way of bargaining with me. I told her that I wasn’t interested in that as most electronics if their going to go bad do so early.

I guess if I had kids running around or something like that, I'd want CC.

Shemp

Only time I bought the complete care was for an expensive laptop I bought for our company that we use for trade shows...now if someone dumps a drink on it I don't have to care! Not sure you'd need the complete care for a monitor though unless you had some rowdy kids.

Small Business never came into the conversation.
Shemp

As a small business owner I have to say that small businesses rarely get much pull anyway. I'd be suprised if Dell would care.
No size = no bargaining power. :(

Well, I got my new 3007WFP (non-HC). Ordered it at noon on Friday the 16th, it shipped the same day & I picked it up from UPS Tuesday night – the 20th. :D

Dealing with UPS is such a pain! They are so inflexible in what & how they do things – anyway…

Some or most of this stuff might be repeating previous posts here but you can never have too much info when about to make a purchasing decision.

Setup was no problem other than not being able to install the additional software other than the actual driver. As I don’t need or want the card readers (I have a front panel Mitsumi combo card reader), I didn’t at first plug in the USB cable. If you don’t use the cable you can’t install the 3007’s driver.exe file which gives you the tab to adjust the brightness etc… through software. This file’s name is a misnomer also as it’s not actually the monitor’s driver. You will get a dialogue box about the monitor not being plugged in if you try to install without the cable plugged in. I plugged in, installed the file, checked where I was on the brightness scale as I'd already manually adjusted the brightness & unplugged the USB cable.

No buzzing noises or any kind of noise, dead or stuck pixels, uneven backlight bleeding etc… Knock on wood. I do see some slight banding when specifically trying to create it, but so far in everyday use, not an issue to me. Other than brightness, I haven’t adjusted anything. Colors do seem slightly subdued & I may have to tweak things a little.

It is a rev. A04 model. In what time I have used it I must say I’m impressed - 2560x1600 is awesome. I think the new 27” will be a good fit for some but as I knew I wanted as much resolution as I could get, I didn’t consider it. For that matter, even more resolution would be welcome!

I don’t have the need to change font size from the standard 96 dpi & I didn’t think I would, coming from a Samsung 204t which has nearly the same size pixel pitch & sitting about the same distance from the monitor.

I’m running with brightness on 8 out of 20 using a stock PNY 7900GS with dual duals. I don’t game a lot.

It’s almost like getting a new PC with this thing. The first couple of hours using it I was just laughing & shaking my head. Everything looks different. I’ve played with the ACD 30” at local stores, but that’s not quite like seeing your old familiar desktop sitting in front of you at 2560x1600. Photoshop & especially LightWave 9 & other 3D apps are just meant for this resolution – if not more!

I watched the opening space battle of Star Wars III & it looked very good - a lot better than on my old 32” JVC TV though this might not be saying much…

As far as games go I haven’t had time to do anything other than just load several up & look. This forum is full of serious gamers reporting on this monitor using top end cards on cutting edge games, so look in other places for that kind of info. From what little I saw, I think that the 7900GS may suffice for a while with the lite gaming I do.

Bottom line - after only having it for couple of days I like it a lot. For 3D apps & Photoshop – oh yea! As a word of caution to some, I do wonder if people should buy a monitor this size without using one in person or at least making a cardboard template of the correct size. It may be too much for some people size & resolution wise.

I paid $500 locally for my 204t in December 2005 & I still like that monitor. The 3007 is easily worth a little over twice that price today. :p

If anything pops up later I’ll report on it as these types of posts & this forum helped me make what seems to be a good purchasing decision.

Shemp

Back