vista home premium + Nero 7

NightLinks

Weaksauce
Hello,

I'm trying to install nero 7.7.5.1 us trial but after the .exe extract and runs the install it disappears and never comes back. The windows (Preparing to install Nero 7) will show for a few seconds then it will disappear. :(

I am using windows vista home premium
Norton Internet Security 2007
Windows Defender

Try the: "Right click on the Nero.EXE" and run as Administrator. BTW, I have the same version of Nero running on my machine currently.

Also, another tip learned the hard way: not only should you do the right click Run as Admin thing to install it from the .exe, but the first time you run Nero you should do it with the same right click Run as Admin trick. That sets the Registry permissions on the proper keys and let's Nero do it's thing.

Hope this helps...

Thanks GUYS!

I went into the registry and deleted a few entries and i reinstalled nero and now it works.

what did u delete...mine takes forever to load after i click on teh exe...and then it extracts and goes away.. i tried also the run as admin.. i get as far as the preparing for installation.....also this is the trial on their website

If you've borked a Nero install the best course of action is to download the Removal tool from the Nero official website and run that to clean up all residual traces of previous installs.

You get a fresh start at installing Nero as a result ;)

ok i will try to look for that...wasnt aware such a thing existed thanks!

Back