Second time this has come around.

BillR

Born Again Cynic
Affordable decent cooling.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835103006

COOLER MASTER RL-HUC-E8U1 Liquid Cooling System - Retail

Yes, I know this unit is being closed out however when I saw it posted from SVC a about 2 weeks ago I had to bite, hell even the water block was worth the price.

This thing comes packaged in a box and weighs about 15 or so pounds. All parts are very well machined and it’s bog simple to install. It comes with just about every known CPU/Board adaptor you can think of. The pump is AC powered so it pulls nothing from your PSU.

Unlike some of the reviews stated it does not require a PCI slot, there are no connections on the tab that can be put into the slot, it’s a convenience feature, period.

Only con I can find is, throw away the tubing they supply, it’s so stiff it’s like working with copper pipe. Other then that everything, and I mean everything is in the box including coolant.

Now for the results. Opty 170 over clocked to 2.7 at pretty high voltage. Best temps on various air was 50 to 54c. After testing this unit all day the highest temp I’ve seen is 34c on fan position two which is very quiet.

It also comes with the parts to burry the cooler in the case but retain the LCD readout and controls on the front panel either in a single or double full size drive opening. If you prefer the whole unit can be mounted on your front panel in a double high full sized drive bay.

You can add an outboard 120mm rad and fan if you choose; I didn’t find it necessary at all.

I bought one through SVC, took nine days to get here and shipping was just over $17.00. SVC ran out and I found this on the Egg. $10.00 three day shipping and final price after rebates is $26.99 before shipping but after rebate. The rebate is through the egg so there should not be any problems. The rebate allows for 3 units per customer. I got two more.

I think this qualifies as pretty hot.:D

Got mine from SVC months ago for $29.99 months ago. Have a opty165 running at 2.8 stable temps 34ilde 42-44 full load Volts 1.45 on core 2.7 on mem. And quiet on second fan setting , So what do I do Buy 1 More for gpu cooling just for kicks.

I am biting with the Thermaltake radiator also. Plan on expanding in the future.

What a crappy thread title. Please be more descriptive in the title the next time.

if this wasn't a rebate, i'll be all over this! hotness for sure

would match my cooler master centurion like whoa. it's black, but all my front items (dvdrw,fan controller, sd/cf thingy are silver)

ARG! i just may bite. nice op\

also, burntoil, could you post a pic of your setup, so we could see what it looks like inside and out? i figure that wouldn't be OT because, well, I just figured it wouldn't be

After doing watercooling and after seeing how well (and quiet) the tower coolers (tuniq, etc) perform now... I won't do watercooling again on my new rig.

Hell, my pump noise was more annoying than the noise from a tuniq tower... and the cooling is only marginally better with water.

I will get pics a.s.a.p. in and out. Do you want pics with the cpu cooled only or my Other unit cooling the gpus also? Im still working on gpu cooling.

cheap water cooling is like cheap psu's, you get what you pay for ;)

Some bad reviews, and good ones. What to do, what to do...:(

That’s primarily why I took the time to post my personal experience. I also mentioned I just bought two more as well.

It does what it is advertised to do and does it pretty well, especially for closeout price.

Yes, it will only do the CPU but considering it’s on a dual opty at 1.5 volts doing 2.7 per side while folding 24/7 and my high temp so far is 35c find me any air cooler that will do that. The fact is it keeps up with my Koolance Exos 2 at a fraction of the money spent.

The only negative I could find was the overly stiff tubing which a five-dollar bill and a trip to Lowes will cure.

burntoil, i'd love to see just a straight pic of the cpu set up, cuz i'm wondering what are the looks of the coolant tubing and that pci card. it looks like it could look good, i'm just wondering how it will actually look in a [H] pc. thanks so much for humoring me!

Anyone know if I could use a VGA block to cool my 6800GT with this and scrap the CPU block?

People still read the thread (seeing as you did) so why should he change it?

People who complain about thread titles should be whipped.

If you want a hot deal, find it. If you don't like the thread title, find it yourself.

Yes, this is a repost... Funny how the repost has more responses than the original thread. The thread starter also provided an opinion about the product in question; he actually owns the product, thus his opinion is much more valid than any of the other threads. The newegg reviews are crap, so maybe his opinion can provide information for prospective buyers.

How lazy can you be? It takes less than 1 second to click on a link, the page loads, you find out what the deal is within 14 seconds and determine if you like it. If you are that strapped for time, you shouldn't be on websites such as this. Maybe you could try Firefox? The tab feature is really great for opening 10 pages at a time.

Sorry for my anger, but I was on dial up & AMD K6-2 @ 334 MHz until 7/06, so you people that complain about thread titles can eat my ass.

In regards to this [H]otdeal, I think I am going to bite. Water cooling for this cheap? I can't wait to see the results in my Antec Nine Hundred.

Sorry for my anger, but I was on dial up & AMD K6-2 @ 334 MHz until 7/06, so you people that complain about thread titles can eat my ass.

I'm really sorry.

I think I may do this too. I've been wanting to water cool for a while and not spend the money.

*twiddles thumbs* goodness me... to water cool, or not to water cool.. damnit. I own a coolermaster case as well... this is cheap... damnit. I could always upgrade the radiator if needed... C2D's don't really run that hot... dag nabit... GRR and my case is chrome... would look nice.. I'm caving.. should I be rescued?

*twiddles thumbs* goodness me... to water cool, or not to water cool.. damnit. I own a coolermaster case as well... this is cheap... damnit. I could always upgrade the radiator if needed... C2D's don't really run that hot... dag nabit... GRR and my case is chrome... would look nice.. I'm caving.. should I be rescued?

Nope, I got one and have a c2d system on the way. :)

People still read the thread (seeing as you did) so why should he change it?

People who complain about thread titles should be whipped.

Then that would defeat the purpose of a thread title if it was nonsense, like this thread's title.

how hard would it be to paint the face black? or mount the LCD bit in a black faceplate... :)

looks like the paypal $15 discount is over...

i am at the checkout stage right now, i set it to paypal but it is still like $62 before rebate, what am i missing here ???

Newegg has it for $26.99 AR, but if you buy with Paypal you get you get a $15 rebate on $30+ purchase. That's how you get it for $11.99 AR. Search for the Paypal rebate in this forum and you will find out how to do it. Sorry that I wasn't to clear on how to do it, but I was typing it in from my cell phone... LOL I Hope this helps clear this up.

I personally have this unit, I got it last time there was some crazy sale, I think it ended up costing me about $47 shipped to get it from the egg.

I cant say that its reduced my temperatures much, but it did regulate it by quite a bit.

I will say that it is damn quiet, I can barely hear the fan on it in most circumstances.

It does have a cool system that will shut down the computer if there is an overheat, and your overheat threshold is configurable. I had mine set too low by accident (100 degrees F for the tank) and it would sound an alarm, and turn off the computer safely.

It does have a thermal sensor for both the cpu, and the tank.

There are plastic self-sealing quick-releases on the cooler unit, so if you ever have to take it out, its not a huge ordeal.

The hose clamps that come with it are garbage. Save yourself some sanity, and get some $0.25 3/4" hose clamps from your local hardware store.

For those who wanted pictures, I have some on my website: http://photos.ultatryon.com/displayimage.php?album=38&pos=3

I also just placed my order.

I hope it goes through, though! I haven't looked at the back of my debit card lately and the stupid CVV2 code is almost completely rubbed off. I can make out the first digit and can see the imprint (but no ink) of the last. The middle one had like half an imprint, so I had to guess :mad:

Anywho, I also want to order an extra radiator.

Do you have to add more fluid to the system once the additional radiator is installed?

Back