My Beast for sale...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ooztuncer

Gawd
***** OK, PARTING OUT - 03/17: total price drop of $75 in individual parts - PLEASE help me selling these parts by bumping frequently, thanks ****

Well, even tough I have been planning and building this rig for last 4.5 months I need to let it go (due to financials).

First let me start with the parts:

Mobo: Asus P5b deluxe wifi (modded north & south bridge cooling)
Cpu: Intel Core 2 Duo e6600 (week 26 A166) running @ 4.086ghz (stock is 2.4ghz)
Ram: Team Group 2x1024 4-4-4-10 ddr2 ram (stable up to 1200mhz)
Vid card: Sapphire X1800XT pci-express
Hard disks: 1x500gb wd caviar se sata II, 2x80gb hitachi deskstar sata II
Optical drive: Lite-on 16x dual layer dvd writer (sohw-1693s)
PSU: Seasonic M12-700
Case: modified Cooler Master Stacker 830
Monitor: 22" IBM CRT monitor (sony tube)
Speaker: Creative Inspire T3000
Keyboard: Saitek eclipse
Mouse: MX 510

Cooling:
case > 5x120mm case fans (thermaltake, delta, and cm fans)
cpu > Modded Mach 1 (phase change cooler > idle temp is -36 celcius @ 1.62 real vcore)
video card > Accelero X2 (very efficient and silent cooler)
hdd's > 3x vantec vortex hard disk cooler
fan controller > sunbeam rheobus

If you go to newegg and try to build something like this it is going to cost you around $2,700. I assumed that you can find a custom phase change cooler around $500.

My asking price is $2125. SEE BELOW for INDIVIDUAL PART PRICES.

Now, I am going to give you some links for pictures and building stage information:

1) NB and SB cooling > http://www.diy-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73641

2) Pictures > http://www.diy-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74323

3) Overclocking results @ 4050 mhz > http://www.diy-street.com/forum/showpost.php?p=697848&postcount=41

If you want a BEAST I have it!

Pics (32 pictures - 21 pics in first page,11 pics in second page):
http://weboperative.com/OCIDB/thumbnails.php?album=60

ebay: portlandfatihi 63-0-0
heat: ooztuncer 30-0-0

INDIVUAL PARTS - SHIPPING IS NOT INCLUDED:

2gb team group d9gmh (double 32m stable @ 1200mhz - OPB hand picked): $270 > $260
256mb x1800xt with accelero x2: $165 > $155
2x hitachi 80gb sata II: $35 each or $65 both
modified mach 1 (r507, mach 2 evap, etc. - see above): $450
creative inspire t3000 speakers (2.1): $25
IBM 22" monitor (sony tube - black color) model# P260: $110 > $100
black floppy drive: $5

3x vantec vortex hdd cooler: $35 for all >>> SOLD
p5b deluxe wifi (nb + sb cooling modded with vc-re + kaze, ready for phase): $170 > $155 >>> SOLD
seasonic m12-700: $170 > $160 >>> SOLD
e6600(running @ 4086mhz, lapped): $265 >>> SOLD
modified all black cm stacker 830 with 2x120mm CM fans: $180 > $165 >>> SOLD
sunbeam rheobus: $10 >>> SOLD
saitek eclipse keyboard: $25 >>> SOLD
logitech mx510 (red): $10 >>> SOLD
func 1030 mousepad: $10 >>> SOLD
wd caviar 500gb sata II: $120 > $110 >>> SOLD
lite-on 16x dvd writer sohw-1693s (dual layer): $25 >>> SOLD

**** Third batch of shipment will be on 03/26/2007. Prices are pretty firm. Pictures & building stage photos are linked above ****

**** NON-CC PAYPAL, USPS MONEY ORDER, or GOOGLE CHECKOUT ****

BellyBump.gif

A beast indeed, bump for some nice fan work on the mobo and a phase changing ass-kicker.

bump for looking. i wish i had the nuts to go phase, but i suppose i just couldn't live with a case that cluttered with wires. i think it'd kill me. that front panel looks nice, like the drive coolers with readouts. stackers are ugly as sin.

thank you guys for the kind words.

And for the dual 8800gtx's - i didn't wanna build the dream machine ;)

decided to PART OUT.

Even tough I am pretty firm on the individual prices, especially on the combo sales I can give some discount.

Thanks...

BEAST? I thought you were talking about your girlfriend...ok, j/k

free bump for BEAST SYSTEM!

@Homer: YHPM

Details for the monitor:

Here are the support page for my IBM P260 monitor (you can find specs and details there) > http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-4EJTHQ

I bought the monitor 3 months ago from my local craigslist and the seller told me that it's in excellent shape. And, indeed, it's in excellent shape, here are my first impressions (from an earlier thread):

"It is in great condition but literally I spent almost 3 hours trying to calibrate it correctly.

Initially colors were washed out completely, and the convergence was really bad. This was the first time i needed to play with geometry, landing (all corners for color consistency), convergence (4 different options - top, bottom, horizontal, and vertical), color, and of course contrast/brightness.

What I did to correct the colors is I turned down to brightness to less than 10 (out of 100), increased the contrast to 90. Then in the ati control panel I needed to cut brightness more, and increase the gamma & contrast (again).

In the end, it seems millions times better..."

Now, when it is running (especially after 10 minutes of warming up) the pic quality is superb. If it is not running, under light (in some weird angle) you can see tons of dots on the screen (it's kind of paint splashed to the screen - but it is homogeneous everywhere so maybe it's built like that).

But again, it is in 100% working order and after its warm up period it has the best pic quality that I have ever seen. And I am playing counter strike time to time in 1600x1200 resolution @ 85hz.

Shipping will be done via DHL ground. It's one VERY heavy mofo but even the east coast to west coast shipping shouldn't be more than $65.

will you be able to help me calibrate it if i bought it? Also can you send me some pictures of it and of the smatter like paint issue? Thanks

I replied Homer via pm but wanted to let you all know that whoever buys anything from me I am always open for help.

And to be honest, I was expecting some more offers so here comes a big BUMP...

saitek eclipse + mx510 + func surface 1030 is sold now.

ibm p260 might be pending (waiting for his decision).

big BUMP for the rest... cmon guys cpu, ram, vid card, hdd, case, mach1, etc etc etc :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back