Overclocking PCIE?

Ok im looking for some help here. When I overclock my cpu my video card gets substandard performance.
Specs;
Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3
Core 2 Duo E4300 Stock 1.8, OC'd 2.735mhz vcore 1.45
8x multiplier FSB 304 1.43v
PNY (1) Dual Channel 1024mb 5300 (667mhz) OC'd 808mhz 1.8v 5.0 (cas lat) 7 (ras to cas delay) 7 (ras precharge) 20 (cycle time) 2T (command rate)
System Memory multiplier 2.66
EVGA 8800 GTS 320MB PCIE raised to 104mhz +.3v
Creative X Fi
Antec True 550 W PSU +12v rail rated to 24 amps (evga recommends 26 amps)

So with my cpu oc'd, and my PCIE frequency @ the standard 100mhz I get real shitty video card performance. I took it up to 108mhz and it was much much better. I took it down to I think 104MHz because I have not been able to find anything about raising the PCIE frequency on video cards. Dont want to fry the card.
So is raising the PCIE frequency suicide? I read somewhere that raising it 5mhz might give a little performance boost, but its possible to fry the card. However in my case, it gives much better performance.
Any thoughts, suggestions? Please help!
Thank YOU!

Generally speaking, raising the pcie bus frequency nets you little. Normally problems arise with artifacting unless the pcie bus is locked down however, in your case it seems to help. Don't worry about frying anything, you're not increasing power, you're just increasing the frequency at which the bus handles requests.

You shouldn't have any problems running the 105 or something.

What you need is ram upgrade for sure. It will get rid of the st udder.

What possible resolution are you running with 8800gts that you already don't get 100fps in most games?

Raising the PCIe frequency should only be done in order to combat a poor overclock. Because of the way some motherboards "lock" the PCIe at 100, you get synchronization errors. For example, at 100mhz PCIe I get around 22 fps in oblivion (due to the PCIe 1x lane issue on the P956 boards) but bringing it up to 103 brings my FPS back up to 60 or so. You're not bottlenecked... It's just an error on your board.

You'll gain no performance between 100 and 120 PCIe frequency. We don't have GPU's capable of saturating the PCIe bus yet.

Running it over 110 isn't recommended, but anywhere under 110 is totally fine. Keep the speed SANE and you're card'll be fine.

Well, I figured out what the problem was. With PCIe frequency at 100mhz I loaded CPU Z, I checked the mainboard tab and noticed my graphic interface "Link width" was only 1x of 16x max. So I had to take it up to about 105 before it would run in 16x. @ 108mhz I get the best performance. Hows about overclocking? Is it a no no with a raised PCIe frequency? Should I add some voltage to the PCIe bus? Also, I have an Antec true 550 watt power supply. It came with an IO panel that allows me to adjust fan speed, 12v voltage, 3v voltage, and 5v voltage. The psu is rated @ 24a max on the 12v rail, while EVGA recommends 26a for the 8800 GTS. Most recent 3dmark06 scores; SM2 3678 SM3 3647 (they fluctuate +/- about 15 points). I wont get 100 FPS in anything. The reason? My resolution is 1680x1050. 21" widescreen :D I've been wondering about doing some custom resolutions, anyone know anything about that?
Thanks so much for all your help!

Back