Ultramon with Vista

DangerIsGo

2[H]4U
Anyone know about an Ultramon that works properly with Vista? My dual wallpapers dont work (fit properly) and was wondering if anyone heard of an update for Vista.

Dual wallpapers works fine with Ultramon for me on vista....

Only thing that doesnt work are the extra buttons that are supposed to go up by the Minimize, Close, etc. buttons on the explorer windows.

The extended taskbar looks like shit under Aero, in my opinion.. so much so that I turned it off. I haven't had any wallpaper problems.

From what I've seen on their forums, a new version should be available soon, so here's hoping the bugs are fixed, I really like UlrtaMon, when it's working correctly.

From my experience with Vista Ultimate x64, ultramon has problems with different backgrounds. For me if monitor if the setup is like [ Monitor 1 ] [ Monitor 2 ] it works fine, but if its like [ Monitor 2 ] [ Monitor 1 ] it has problems placing the background correctly. Also the top explorer buttons work, but you can't see them in most applications or windows. Smart task bar doesn't support Aero.

Its good to know a new version is coming out soon though.

Just replug in your monitors then :confused:

I used to have them Monitor 2 Monitor 1 but then rearranged the plugs and now have it Monitor 1 Monitor 2 so I did not notice any issues I guess :p

I also do not like the extended taskbar so never even tried that on Vista.

I believe I have [Monitor2][Monitor1] and when i put a different wallpaper on each monitor in the Wallpapers section, i get half of each wall paper on each monitor...

LOL thats the same for me.

Replugging my monitors doesn't work for me because it seems to randomly change sometimes. Also I'm not sure the issue is [ Monitor 2 ] [ Monitor 1 ] it might actually be an issue with [ Secondary ] [ Primary ]

Hrm, well on your video card one port will always be Monitor 1 and one will be Monitor 2

(or if you use two cards, your main card (on board/agp/PCIe) will be Monitor 1 and the secondary card will be Monitor 2

Those Monitor numbers have nothing to do with primary/secondary :)

I am sure they will get it fixed though, Ultramon is an amazing program!

Back