Geil Ultra Plus 3-3-3-8 2GB DDR2 800 - $254.98 shipped at Newegg

cyburzaki

Limp Gawd
I posted this at Anandtech earlier today, and thought I'd do the same here, just in case anybody is looking for GEIL's top-of-the-line 3-3-3-8 DDR2-800:
GX22GB6400PDC for $254.98 shipped

ZZF has them at $449, but they've been OOS for quite a while. ComputerHQ has them at $421.81 + shipping, and does appear to have them in stock.

They've been listed at Newegg for a while, but I've never seen them in stock until today. As of this moment they seem to have 20 kits left (down from 24 a few hours ago).

Anandtech, in a January comparative review of the Gigabyte DS3, had these Geil sticks up to 520MHz and 4-4-4-12 on an Asus P5B-E rev. 1.02G, stably overclocking an E6300 to 3.64Ghz (or 96%!).

Geil handpicks the ICs for their Ultra Plus series, and has used both D9GMH and D9GCT on these DDR2-800 sticks, according to http://ramlist.ath.cx/ddr2/.

If GeIL's Ultra-X DDR series says anything about their DDR2 series, then I'm impressed.

DDR400 running 480Mhz at 2-2-2-5 is nothing short of ridiculous.

Geil has some pretty bad Warranty Issues...Took them 8 months to respond to my email...and their memory chips died on me 2 times without overclocking...last time i ever buy from them...plus it takes them 3-5 weeks to send back replacements :(

Ack, that sucks.

While not a phenomenal response time, I did have them offer to replace a stick of GeIL Ultra-X DDR400 (the same RAM I mentioned earlier) with a stick of high-end DDR800 (because they no longer physically manufactured the Ultra-X DDR400). Lifetime warranty ftw. Took about 2 or 3 days to get a response.

Geil has some pretty bad Warranty Issues...Took them 8 months to respond to my email...and their memory chips died on me 2 times without overclocking...last time i ever buy from them...plus it takes them 3-5 weeks to send back replacements :(

Wow, and I thought my experience with A-Data's warranty was bad.

geil's customer support is kinda lacking but i haven't had any problems with them ,
they replaced my ram without any fuss and didn't take forever either

dem's some high volt mem sticks!! geez... 2.3-2.4!!!!!!!!

yikes....

doesn't help much that there are no cust reviews

Back