NEC LCD2470WNX

When is it coming ? http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/news.htm#nec_2470wnx

TFT central says next month,Trav is this true ? how much and when exactly can I buy one? What will make this 24" stand above the crowd ? Will it have the 4 year warranty Nec is known for ? Its says it has a S-PVA panel in it.... :confused:

http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=167

http://www.nec-display-solutions.se...__Choice__Details,spec=x__se__sv,docId=240338 ....manual...high res pics,etc...drivers...

http://www.nec-display-solutions.se/coremedia/download/240540/2470WNX-UsersGuide-english.pdf

It says on a few sites it will be available in white/white , black black , silver / black , Will silver black be available for sale in North America as well as black/black ? Where can I pre order one ?

We receive product here in the US at the very end of March. You should be able to place a pre order for it just about any where i.e. cdw, insight, buy.com or whoever.

This unit will have a 3 year warranty. ONly the NEC 90 series come standard with 4 year warranties.

This monitor does use the S-PVA panel.

The main features beyond the obvious of the panel spec are 4 port USB 2.0 hub, Dynamic video mode, full adjustment (height, swivel, tilt, and pivot), optional soundbar.

The unit will come in black / black or white / silver.

One of the stores I asked for a qoute emailed me back a few minutes ago,with a price of 940.77 Cdn.This seems in line with the MSRP from Nec of 969.00 Cdn.If so and it holds at that price I am in for one on the 1st of the month.Black sounds good. :D

I know NEC has a rep for quality LCD monitors, but what will be the reason to buy this over the Dell 2407 or the Samsung 245T that use the same S-PVA panel?

I love the NEC engineering but I wish they would spend a little money for a good styling/ergonimics department. That thing isn't exactly sleek and sexy...especially compared to current Dell models.

I think its allot better looking then the Dell or Gateway,and especially the Benq's,IMHO.Nec has excellent CS,and after sales support,unlike Dell.I have owned a A04 2407 and sent it back to get this or a 245T next month.I ended up pre-ordering a 2470WNX a few days ago for 915.20 Cdn. with free 2 day delivery.Bext LCD I have used was a 17" Nec back around 2003.I have sold many screens where I work,and the Benq's have the most problems overall.I could care less about tv out and that kinda stuff,but thats just me...

Nec has exactly the same panel....and it look ugly too ! You didn't like the Dell,Why ?? Please enlight us.... I was going the buy the Dell 2407HC as soon as it's out. thanks

Nec has exactly the same panel....and it look ugly too ! You didn't like the Dell,Why ?? Please enlight us.... I was going the buy the Dell 2407HC as soon as it's out. thanks

Re read my second to last post 66,more carefully.... :) Its a personal choice,but I like the Nec's styling allot more then the others.I have experience with all three,and know that Nec has better customer service,especially after sale support.Nec has better tech inside thier LCD's,etc... They tend to choose better panels all around.

Three manufacturers may all sell a 24" screen,using the 'same' S-PVA 24" panel,but one of the three pays the OEM,a little more for the lcd matrix's that are of a slightly better quality in a given run.Just like certain Nvidia AIB's may pay Nvidia for the better chips of a 8800 off the wafers coming of a run.Its like Nec is saying to Samsung,we are willing to pay an extra 25 bucks for the A grade off of this run,and Dell is saying we want to go as cheap as possible,so give us the best price,best price and high quality do not always correlate :D So Samsung gives Dell a great price for bulk,but gives Dell the B+ panels off the line,where NEC gets the A+ panels,and Benq gets the A- panels.Just a theory of mine,but actual anecdotal evidence on this site over time lends it some real credence. That and I have sold and used all three for a while,and have seen real Benqs fail earlier then other Dells,and many people including myself have a horrible time with Dells India based call centres.Benqs cs is well.... lets just say not the best. :D I cannot speak from expirience,as a owner,but as a part time tech who works for a reseller,I have seen the way they treat there supposed bread and butter.

A while ago I read on this very forum a users experience with Benq,and how his 241W had a faulty DVI port.Then he took it back to find at the store he bought it in,that two or three more were all the same,faulty right out of the box !! Well,I have seen that happen with my own eyes at work,on allot more then just 24" models(17" and more then a few 19")

You get what you pay for is so very very true in the computer world,as it is in so many other industries.Ohhhh..... Oh and I could go on and on,but I'll just say one more thing,I live in Ottawa Canada,and Dell opened a call centre here a while ago,2 years ago....??

http://www.dell.com/content/topics/...e/en/2006/2006_05_05_ott_000?c=us&l=en&s=corp

I have worked in a few myself (Roadrunner,Taima,Convergsys,Opinion Research...) and over the years have made many a friend,most of which I met at these various call centres all work at Dell now,heck they pay pretty good. :) But,they have and continue to tell me allot of horror stories about Dells quality control,and cs,and out sourcing stories,etc.You get what you pay for.In all the time I used my 2005FPW A03 I never used the s-video or component out connections until I wanted to check them out,just to make sure they work properly.I then realized I could care less for consoles or hooking up a 360 or ps3 or wii. All I wanted was a 24" with cool design,backed by a company with great tech and even better support.Of the 4,the choice was simple (Gateway being number 4) I owned a Gateway comp back in the late nineties,and I was less then happy with it.Once bitten twice shy I guess.

Sorry for going on but I want to put this to rest,and give a better more detailed explanation. Good luck with your HC,and I hope it lives up to what you want to get out of it.

Three manufacturers may all sell a 24" screen,using the 'same' S-PVA 24" panel,but one of the three pays the OEM,a little more for the lcd matrix's that are of a slightly better quality in a given run.Just like certain Nvidia AIB's may pay Nvidia for the better chips of a 8800 off the wafers coming of a run.Its like Nec is saying to Samsung,we are willing to pay an extra 25 bucks for the A grade off of this run,and Dell is saying we want to go as cheap as possible,so give us the best price,best price and high quality do not always correlate :D So Samsung gives Dell a great price for bulk,but gives Dell the B+ panels off the line,where NEC gets the A+ panels,and Benq gets the A- panels.Just a theory of mine,but actual anecdotal evidence on this site over time lends it some real credence. That and I have sold and used all three for a while,and have seen real Benqs fail earlier then other Dells,and many people including myself have a horrible time with Dells India based call centres.Benqs cs is well.... lets just say not the best. :D I cannot speak from expirience,as a owner,but as a part time tech who works for a reseller,I have seen the way they treat there supposed bread and butter.

I agree the main reason to buy the NEC is superior quality-control. None of the extra features of the monitor are significant to me.

It would be nice to confirm what you're asserting, though.

I'm also interested in the Samsung 245T (release date??), but I may grab the NEC. It's available now at Dell.com

I agree the main reason to buy the NEC is superior quality-control. None of the extra features of the monitor are significant to me.

It would be nice to confirm what you're asserting, though.

I'm also interested in the Samsung 245T (release date??), but I may grab the NEC. It's available now at Dell.com

I can only speak from my expririence as a part time tech, for a large computer store for 2+ years.That and as an owner of a few Dells and one Nec.I also have two 17" LG's and a 19" Hyundai L90D+ (all of them LCD's) I have had nothing but problem free use from.I ordered two Nec 2470WNX-BK's from NCIX a few weeks ago,and have been dutifully waiting for them to be delivered.

I also was interested in the 245T,as I have had great luck with a Samsung 955DF crt I owned a few years back,it died a few years in,and Samsung asked me if I wanted a Samsung 915n NIB as a replacement !?? And shipped it 2 days air to me for free,not even requiring me to send back the faulty crt ! That is kickass CS !

I have seen Nec North America do similiar things for customers we had bought Nec LCD's.

No hassle rma's,and upgrade clients to higher end models,to keep them happy and loyal.Calling tech support and talking to a real live person that speaks english well,and has actually really read your trouble ticket and is not spitting out canned repsonses,in 'Engrish' :D on a static filled line,while they tell you there real name is 'George',when its obviously Jawaharlal Nehru Vishvakarma :D I love India,and have been there,and would love to visit New Delhi again,but not for tech support,I am tired of having to repeat my address and phone number,5 to 15 times,and having to get them to repeat themselves,as they are speaking unintelligbly.

I had this problem with a Dell Tech Support agent on Thursday I spoke with,trying to get a customers rebranded HP printer rma'd.I had to repeat the phone number and address over 15 times,and it got to the point that I was saying it like... K is in "K as in Khrisna,R as in Repeat,I as in invoice,S as in Special.... you get the idea ? ;) those were the first three letters of the clients street name.

Edit :

Sorry for going so far off topic on this....

I ordered two Nec 2470WNX-BK's from NCIX a few weeks ago,and have been dutifully waiting for them to be delivered.

Well, I hope you get them soon and can give us some impressions, pics, etc. It seems like the online stores are expecting them any day now. Dell has them on their site, but it says it ships in 1-2 weeks whereas all the in stock stuff ships in 24 hours.

The Samsung is expected at the end of the month, but who knows if that will be pushed back. I would love to be able to get the NEC and the Sammy to try out and return the one I don't want. Unfortunately, I don't think I can do that without paying a restocking fee.

Uh.. whats wrong with S-PVA?

Tracker,I never said there was anything wrong with it,if thier was,I would not have shelled out near 1900.00 Cdn for two of them,and paid in full in advance by weeks.That 'smily' is a way of saying you dont know, and are asking for confirmation on something...get it ? :)

Well, I hope you get them soon and can give us some impressions, pics, etc. It seems like the online stores are expecting them any day now. Dell has them on their site, but it says it ships in 1-2 weeks whereas all the in stock stuff ships in 24 hours.

The Samsung is expected at the end of the month, but who knows if that will be pushed back. I would love to be able to get the NEC and the Sammy to try out and return the one I don't want. Unfortunately, I don't think I can do that without paying a restocking fee.

I was told I would have them by Wensday this past week,but it looks like Wensday the following week now :( I mean Wensday to Friday the 13th. :D

I have a digicam that I bought off Ebay for 25$ and its dead as a doornail (the 16mb sd card is corrupt,and it wont take anything larger then 128mb) I may have to borrow a camera,if I can find one who has a decent camera that is.) On Wensday night,I saw a site that actually had 12 of them in stock,and the next day they were all sold.So,I am pretty sure they are already out in the 'wild' I just want asap....as I kinda have this ....wierd habit.Whenever I am about to get a major new part ofr my PC,I stop playing games untill I get it ! I have had a CE of Stalker and a Game of the Year Ed. of HL2 here,and a copy of Psychonauts all shrink wrapped for weeks,waiting to be installed.

Looks like etailers, including NCIX, are starting to report them as in-stock. I wonder when any B&Ms will be getting them.

Looks like etailers, including NCIX, are starting to report them as in-stock. I wonder when any B&Ms will be getting them.

These wont be sold at any major B&M. Since the monitor is not considered a retail product htey wont be sold there.

These wont be sold at any major B&M. Since the monitor is not considered a retail product htey wont be sold there.

Too bad for me, then; I was hoping to get a look at it before I decide to buy. I'll need to try to find a dealer with a liberal return policy. ...Or wait 2 months for someone to do a Dell/Benq/Samsung/NEC comparison. ;)

I hope your right about that,as I ordered two of them weeks ago,and paid in advance for them in full ! :rolleyes: I should have waited,as I paid via electronic bill payment,and of
course when one does that,the bank takes the funds out of your account ASAP,and then
transfers it to the 'bill'...

ot....

I have Bell Canada listed for phone/dsl and,Canada Life Mutual for property/car/and life insurance payment,as well as for montly rrsp deductions,and NCIX/Netlink for when I
dont want to use Paypal,but want to pay for my puter parts fast.I love it as its darn fast,way faster then Paypal !!

Petehead,are you planning on snagging one ?

I hope your right about that,as I ordered two of them weeks ago,and paid in advance for them in full !

Here is where I found the inventory for NCIX so hopefully yours will be shipped soon. http://www.ncix.com/checkinventory.php?sku=23428

Petehead,are you planning on snagging one ?
I'm still wavering on whether I'm going to buy one. I am going to get a 24" soon for sure. I considered the Dell and the Benq, but decided to wait for the NEC and the Samsung 245T before buying. I haven't seen anything that makes me think the Samsung will be available soon so I won't hold out on it for too long.

Here is where I found the inventory for NCIX so hopefully yours will be shipped soon. http://www.ncix.com/checkinventory.php?sku=23428

I'm still wavering on whether I'm going to buy one. I am going to get a 24" soon for sure. I considered the Dell and the Benq, but decided to wait for the NEC and the Samsung 245T before buying. I haven't seen anything that makes me think the Samsung will be available soon so I won't hold out on it for too long.

Pete.....remind me I owe you one ! When I did a stock check a few minutes ago,it said
there were none in stock,but that the MISSISSAUGA warehouse would have two in on Monday the 16th.... :( :mad:

That is a different sku,but the exact same product ! :D It says they have
6 in stock down from 12 yesterday !!! WOOHOO !!! they may be here soon !!

I just hope the whole order gets here in one shot,as some of the other things that I ordered originally a few weeks ago are still backordered,and or 1-2 weeks away... :(

Anyway I have secured a 4 megapixel nikon camera with a 1Gb CF card for taking pics,but I am far from a good photgrapher :eek: So the shots may turn out like
crap.But I will try to take some.The main reason I borrowed one is for taking pics for insurance purposes.

Mine showed up this morning at 10:09 am,along with a bunch of other goodies,inlcuding a set of Beyerdynamic DT250-80's,AKG K601's,a black Samsung S183A SATA dvd burner,NGear dynamo powered LED flashlight with compass and a cool cell phone charger,Logitech MX518 mouse,Half Life 2 on DVD,Psychonauts,Quake 4 DVD,Mage Knight:Apocalypse,Vampire:Bloodlines,Corsair Voyager 8Gb usb drive,four 10oz cans of Maxell air,and a 27 dollar Nec firewire card for my 3G 40Gb Ipod.Purolator showed up twice this morning,lol.two different drivers.

Problem is,I am too damn tired to even look at any of it.I have been running on 15 hours of sleep since Thursday night,and I am deadd on my feet.The box is smaller then the one the Dell 2407 came in.I will take a lot of pics on Tuesday night,and then install all of this stuff.We need a zombie looking smilie for times like this.Full time University courses,
working 10 hours a week on the weekends at a computer store,taking care of a 16 year old daughter,and helping to cook and clean around the house,5 to 6 days a week is getting to me. :eek: :(

Hey Trav, I'm curious. Since it isn't considered a retail product, are there any facets that might make it not as suitable for a home user (aside from it only having VGA and DVI inputs)? For example, input lag that might be perfectly fine in a business setting could be unacceptable for gaming. Also, it seems that the quality of the scaling comes into play more for the home user.

The batteries in my borrowed digicam died a few hours ago,but I have managed to take over 100 pics,the quality of them I cannot vouch for as of yet.... :p

It does not have the outlets of the other big three,but has PQ that IS better then the Dell I had (2407 A04),or the Benq 241W (with firmware upgrade) that we have at work.

OSM is very well done,and easy enough for even a retarded child to quickly grasp and make real changes with.Its heavier then the Dell or the Benq,thats for sure.It was pre assembled like more and more 24" LCD's are these days.The cable management is the best I have seen yet on any monitor,regardless of size or brand.I really like the joystick that has been incorperated on the front of the screen's chassis,for OSM navigation.I have calibrated a few screens in my day,big and small,crt and lcd,but this one has the best un-calibrated out-of-box specs,I have ever seen.it comes with a 77 page manual,that is not at all like the downloadable version on Nec's website.A pamphlet on thier warranty extension options,and a few other odd's and end's.

Picture Quality ? : Better then my Dell 2005FPW A03 (S-IPS),better then the Dell 2407WPF a04 I sent back (which had 0 dead,but one stuck pixel) and certainly head and shoulders above any of the others I have owned.As I siad,not overly bright,and no excessive color shits when moving around it,or while moving my head side to side while in a chair and stationary.... Oh yeah best skin tones on any LCD I have owned,bar the 2690,which I have seen up close and personal.

Portrait works well,and the OSM changes its orientation to match the displays position if its in portrait,or landscape mode.The 'joystick' is just plain ingenius... !! Not overly sensitive,and can be made to be more or less sensitive like the MX518 I use.As well,the led on the front can be made brighter or dimmer,or can be turned of all together.

Browsing is great,no lag in general.And text is clear and easy on the eyes.

Gaming : ? I have done none as of yet,but will be doing a lot of it on Wensday,and I will give my impressions.I am overly sensitive to input lag,and if this screen has it,you will hear about in spades. :LOL:

Dead pixels ? : None....not a one,not even a dead or stuck sub-pixel. :cool:

Brightness : ? Out of the box,it was a little too bright,but not overly so.Maybe,I am just not as sensitive as others are.I have since turned it down to 77.9% and contrast to 63%

Build Quality ? : Best I have seen yet,and I have seen and worked with dozens of 24" LCD's,and hundreds of 17" to 19" models,from all different brands.

Packaging ? : Best in class,bar none.

Support ? : It is now 3:27 am eastern time,I just called the 1-800# and waited three rings until someone named Jenny answered the phone,she was very polite,and professional and asked me how she could be of asisstance,I told her that I just called to compliment the company on having easy to get a hold of support regardless ot the time if day.

Jenny spoke clear and well articulated english,and with technical authority on the product I made enquires on. :D No one named Jawarhalal Vrishna Sarjahavi answered and then claimed to tell me how his name was Goerge... while speaking extremely broken engrish ;)

Pics to follow....

Sounds great!

Manny Calavera have you notice any inverse ghosting? I am assuming no but can you check that out for me. Also, does it have 1 to 1 settings, can you play 1080p movies at it's correct aspect ratio? Oh one more question, is the NEC one part, or did you have to put it together like the Gateway 24-inch monitor?

Thanks for the answers and eagerly awaiting the pictures.

Sounds great!

Manny Calavera have you notice any inverse ghosting? I am assuming no but can you check that out for me. Also, does it have 1 to 1 settings, can you play 1080p movies at it's correct aspect ratio? Oh one more question, is the NEC one part, or did you have to put it together like the Gateway 24-inch monitor?

Thanks for the answers and eagerly awaiting the pictures.

I know of exactly what you mean,I have seen it on a Gateway live and in person,this screen does not exhibit any of that crap.Yes it does have 1:1 for 1920x1080,but videos that are 1920x1080 are by default played with proper aspect ratio,with the black bars at the bottom and top,without having to play around with the menu,as long as the OSM 'Expansion' mode is left in the 'On' setting.Expansion mode works well,as does the dv mode which auto detects what res is on,and what aspect ratio is needed.1:1 or Aspect is done by the scaler chip(which I think is a Nec propritary ASIC),but it just works,I can tell you that.Kai Doh Maru @ 16:9,played perfectly through my dvd player.(Samsung DVD-HD931) hooked up to the screens DVI port.

The whole thing was in one piece when I took them out of the boxes.None of the cables were attached to the screen,they were individually wrapped up in protective and thick plastic pouches,unlike the Dell 2407 A04 I bought.When I opened the boxes,there was giant anti static bag in each,folded up at the top,which had to be unwrapped,and unfolded to get at the styrofoam cubes around the edges.Very professional look to it all.I will throw up some pics eithier later this morning or Thursday night at the lastest.It'll be a RAR file,with tons of pics.

Oh,connected to my Samsung 955DF,the lag was measured at 23.8 ms.In games such as Prey at native res,or UT2004 at native as well as FEAR,it displayed absolutlely ZERO lag at all(None that I could detect,and was bothered by,anyway.)Ghosting was minimal at best.

Viewing angles are as good or better then my Dell 2005 FPW (S-IPS) :) Seriously !! The usb ports work well,as is to expected of course.

Thanks for the info. Keep it coming when you get a chance. I ordered one, but it's on back-order; I can still cancel if need be, but your preliminary indications are pretty good.

Seems this monitor is turning out very good, travbomb Ive been told august/september for the GX3 range. Any rough ideas on the 24" GX3 specification?

Any idea what NEC's dead/stuck pixel policy is?

I am debating between this display and the LG L246WP. The NEC sounds like it is superior, but with the LG, I can get it from Best Buy and take it back if it has any stuck pixels at all. NewEgg, however, will not let me exchange the NEC.

Thanks!

Mofongo

You could also buy from NCIX and buy their zero dead pixel insurance.

Ok,I have about 290+ pics un-compressed JPEG,and all I am waiting for is the batteries to charge,so around 4 or 5 am Sunday morning I will upload them all,onto a file sharing site as a RAR file.The pass is my forum name here.I have had the camera for all of about 8 hours since Sunday night last weekend,and between hardly having acess to it,and being busy with real life (exams) I have not had allot of time to do this.The pics are not the best,but are my attempt at photography .... LOL :eek:

At least 25% of them are of questionable 'quality'.This screen has ZERO backlight bleed.I do mean 0,but capturing that is tremendously hard :eek: :eek:

I am a terrible photographer !! I mean horrible,rotten.I did not do this screen or the camera justice.Its not mine has to be back to its owner as of 8am Sunday morning.The owner has been taking it back from off and on all week,so getting this done was difficult,and overly time consuming,but the wait is nearly over.I got my teenage daughter to take a few pics of it (maybe 50 or 60+) as I started to give up trying to get good shots with this 2+ year old 3.2 Mega pixel Canon A75.The CCD is just not big enough to take it all in.I figure I needed at least a 5 or 6+ mega pixel digi to do it justice.Shots consist of mostly night
pics,with and without flash,lots of playboy bunny stuff (all widescreen /19x12 and 25x16
resolution) Allot of widescreen shots of piantings from art galleries all over Europe as well.
Oh...and tons of nudes.It does skin tones well. :D

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JV7APP4W

50+ megs of shots,all un-compressed jpegs.I have allot more but cannot get them off the camera without re importing the first few hundred.So,I need to charge the batteries and erase them all up to about shot 380 and then,re charge and grab the rest from 381 on....

I have two sets of batteries,but he niether will hold a charge for more then a few minutes at a time,for some stupid reason.I think I need to buy a digi with a better then 3 megapixel CCD,as this one is low res and takes nothing but grainy shots.I have taken literally hundreds of shots,but only a small handful turned out fairly ok.I am going to upload the better ones on Monday night when I get the camera back. :eek: For now,this is the best I can do with a low res Canon digi cam.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JV7APP4W

50+ megs of shots,all un-compressed jpegs.I have allot more but cannot get them off the camera without re importing the first few hundred.So,I need to charge the batteries and erase them all up to about shot 380 and then,re charge and grab the rest from 381 on....

I have two sets of batteries,but he niether will hold a charge for more then a few minutes at a time,for some stupid reason.I think I need to buy a digi with a better then 3 megapixel CCD,as this one is low res and takes nothing but grainy shots.I have taken literally hundreds of shots,but only a small handful turned out fairly ok.I am going to upload the better ones on Monday night when I get the camera back. :eek: For now,this is the best I can do with a low res Canon digi cam.

lol, jpegs are compressed files.

The camera I had access to wont take pics in anything BUT jpeg.It had 3 levels of quality
for shots,and the ones in the RAR are the best the camera would do.I am not about to go out an buy a 3 or 4 hundred dollar camera to give you or anyone else better quality shots.

One thing this forum has taught me,is no matter what I did,the quality of pictures would never,ever,ever be 'good enough' :rolleyes: No matter the res,or file type,or lighting used.

Maybe when I can buy a 10 mpixel camera at the dollar store down the street for a buck it'll be easier. :p I am not a photgrapher,nor have I ever claimed to be one.I could care less about taking pics.

All I care about is getting my moneys worth in a product.I have been pushing to get [H] to do LCD screen reviews for a while,maybe help me out in that regard ?

The camera I had access to wont take pics in anything BUT jpeg.It had 3 levels of quality
for shots,and the ones in the RAR are the best the camera would do.I am not about to go out an buy a 3 or 4 hundred dollar camera to give you or anyone else better quality shots.

One thing this forum has taught me,is no matter what I did,the quality of pictures would never,ever,ever be 'good enough' :rolleyes: No matter the res,or file type,or lighting used.

Maybe when I can buy a 10 mpixel camera at the dollar store down the street for a buck it'll be easier. :p I am not a photgrapher,nor have I ever claimed to be one.I could care less about taking pics.

All I care about is getting my moneys worth in a product.I have been pushing to get [H] to do LCD screen reviews for a while,maybe help me out in that regard ?

I think you misunderstood me. Check your previous post and you'll notice that you said "uncompressed jpegs". There is no such thing as uncompressed jpegs as they are compressed. Jpeg is not a raw or lossless format. Jpeg is a lossy format or in other word its a technology used for compressing pictures.

I think you misunderstood me. Check your previous post and you'll notice that you said "uncompressed jpegs". There is no such thing as uncompressed jpegs as they are compressed. Jpeg is not a raw or lossless format. Jpeg is a lossy format or in other word its a technology used for compressing pictures.

No,I did not catch your meaning,Sorry.... :eek: I am over tired and want to smash this camera with a sledgehammer :mad:

Manny I think you're overeacting a bit :) It use the same samsung panel as Dell and Gateway, also the case and stand are ugly as hell. Dell is coming out with the 2407 HC next month and there is no doubt the wide gamut will obliterate the Nec.
Too little too late and too expensive. The NEC is doom.

Viewing angles are as good or better then my Dell 2005 FPW (S-IPS) :) Seriously !! The usb ports work well,as is to expected of course.

Do you still own the Dell 2005fpw, or are you going by memory? Did you do a side-by-side comparison?

Good job with the pics, although you probably should've used flash throughout since you were in a pretty dimly lit room--lots of camera shake in the early unpacking photos.

You'll excuse me if I don't entirely trust your color judgment, since as you stated yourself you're not a photographer :) I have an NEC 2070NX (S-IPS), so I agree that NEC makes some quality stuff, but the panel in the 2470WNX worries me since I do a lot of photo editing and need a monitor that has low/no color shift across the entire panel as well as reasonably accurate color rendition. I don't do absolutely color-critical work, but I want my photo colors to be as accurate as possible.

You also mentioned that the NEC is better than the Dell 2407 in image quality. Can you elaborate on this? How is it better, and how much better? Thanks for all the info, Manny.

Back