WOW!!!!! Super Talent STT DDR2-667 2GB (2x1GB) CL5 S-RIGID Memory Kit: $98 + Shipping

crewkip

Limp Gawd
LINK

Take $5 off with code: SPRINGWIZ

Price comes to $98 + Shipping charges. Smoking DEAL

Credit: Maegus on SD

Specifications
o Mfr Part Number: T6UX2GC5
o Type: DDR2
o Capacity: 2 GB (2x 1GB)
o Speed: PC5400 667MHz
o Size & Bit: 64M x 8
o Pins: 240pin
o ECC: No
o Registered: No
o Chips: 16
o CL5
o Super RIGID, w/ Heat Spreader

Just FYI, I heard these used to be D9s, and they later changed to promos. If true, and it turns out to be either of these, this is groin-grabbingly hot.

Anyone have more info?

Just FYI, I heard these used to be D9s, and they later changed to promos. If true, and it turns out to be either of these, this is groin-grabbingly hot.

Anyone have more info?

Someone in XS ran this kit at 525MHZ....;)

only if the chips are confirmed promos/d9 ;)

but still.. a great price for any 2*1gb kit of ddr2..

I didn't see any mention of what (stock) voltage they run at, anyone know?

damn it, I just bought this from eWiz for 116 dollars last week, should've waited another week bah...

Anyone know if prices are gonna keep coming down more? I need to get some in the next couple of months so I can wait but I don't want to wait just to see prices go back up. This is pretty tempting.....

Anyone have more info?

These were never Micron D9s to my knowledge. You're probably confusing them with the kit I have in my sig.

very tempting to buy 2 kits... not until ewiz send me a replacement for my case.
Ewiz customer support is somewhat hard to deal with. :(

in for a set. was gonna do the original posting of 104 + 4 arctic clean + 14 for 2day shipping -5, but it's weekend so it doesnt ship out til monday anyhow. ;p decided to tke off the arctic clean and do the 112 free shippin -5. woohoo! can't wait to play with these.

Bought these from ewiz for $112 a month ago as some temporary ram to replace my bad ocz sticks. They did 4 4 4 15 900 at 2.1v.

Guys running one stick @ 400 or 450mhz does not mean running both sticks will give you the same result.

There is always a distinct possibility that it will not be a D9 chips

I ordered a set. I figure 2 gig shipped for $107.56 is good enough to finally order. Now to just wait for C2D price drops in a month.

I ordered a set. I figure 2 gig shipped for $107.56 is good enough to finally order. Now to just wait for C2D price drops in a month.

Yeah, supposedly when Barcelona hits, the low end intel quad cores will be down to the $300 range, w00!

these are supposedly promos. is there really a chance of getting some d9's? wowzers.

what is a better deal...

OCZ DDR2 2GB (2x1GB) PC2-6400 800MHz Dual Channel Kit $130

or

Super Talent STT DDR2-667 2GB (2x1GB) CL5 S-RIGID Memory Kit: $98 + Shipping

(I posted in both threads in case ppl were not reading both)

D9 is too expensive to put them into that cheap value ram.
I would go with OCZ, extra 30$ for faster, good looking ram is worth it. Not to mention OCZ RMA support is simply great!
But you wouldn't go wrong with SuperTalent either.

I highly doubt d9. Just because it's micron doesn't mean it's going to be an Ocer.

When I get if I have time I will post #'s.

Honestly, who cares what it is. It's certainly not D9MGH or D9GKX and niehter are those OCZ sticks. I don't think some of the people asking know what D9 is (just heard it was "good"). If it clocks well, it clocks well. I'm picking up a pair of these. :cool:

D9 is too expensive to put them into that cheap value ram.
I would go with OCZ, extra 30$ for faster, good looking ram is worth it. Not to mention OCZ RMA support is simply great!
But you wouldn't go wrong with SuperTalent either.

What are you talking about? It costs almost the same to manufacture as other chips. Not all "D9" series ICs from Micron overclock great, but most do, which is why they are sought after.

The reason you'll find Micron D9s in cheap value RAM is usually because Micron either owns that cheap brand of RAM, or that company is buying chips from Micron for cheap. Same goes for promos.

The ONLY time RAM is more expensive, is when they opt to buy high binned chips (this happens with "performance" or "extreme" sticks, where they need to make sure they have optimal speed).

Producing D9GMH/GKX is more expensive than promos, elpida and other IC's.
Show me a link. From what I've heard, the only reason Micron is more expensive is due to supply and demand, and better binning.

The last memory I bought for my laptop was Micron, since there's not much of a demand for high performance overclocking laptop memory it was no more expensive than any other brand.

Back