Ram problems on DS3 Rev 3.3

cRu|Timmy

n00b
hey guys I currently have 2x1gb of ocz platinum rev 2 ram and since building the system ive had random restart problems but these were always solved by clearing the cmos. Last night after booting my pc up i couldnt get it out of the restart cycle, even after clearing the cmos. So after trying many different things i pulled one stick out and now it is booting perfectly. Ive tried putting either stick in the first slot and they both allow it to boot. I am giving the ram 2.1 volts in bios and it was working before so i dont know what is causing this problem.

Any help would be appreciated
Thx
Timmy

sounds like ds3 is slowly eating your ram. happened to me and a bunch of other people

Even 48hrs Orthos stable @ 500fsb (3.5ghz) I still have reboot problems, cold boot issues, and other stupid booting problems with the DS3 rev3.3. I might just change motherboards.

Wow! Ridd...500fsb???? I'm surprised that thing even boots. You're obviously on a great water setup right? Still it's not just about only ram and cpu...there's still the chipset to consider. The operating frequency is just not designed for these 'insane' numbers.

I've had trouble with both DS3 Rev1 and Rev 2.0 boards until I upgraded the bios to at least F9...curently running F10 on both and I now have "no" reboot problems like I used to...

Wow! Ridd...500fsb???? I'm surprised that thing even boots. You're obviously on a great water setup right? Still it's not just about only ram and cpu...there's still the chipset to consider. The operating frequency is just not designed for these 'insane' numbers.

Tuniq Tower and a 50mm fan on the NB is all you need.

Its stable in windows completely...i can burn cds, play games, etc no errors...but fucken cant boot for shit sometimes.

I got the same problem with my p5b vanilla. I recall reading on asus's website about the false boot (when it comes on, then goes off, then comes on again) is required at higher frequencies to activate the southbridge or something. I've found that when my p5b doesn't fake boot first, it won't post.

It's been too long with the ds3 for me. Is this like what you're referring to? Or just cold boot issue in general? Perhaps they're related, but ds3 is much more of a pain to deal with. At least warm boot seems to be ok with ds3 from what I recall

hey guys I currently have 2x1gb of ocz platinum rev 2 ram and since building the system ive had random restart problems but these were always solved by clearing the cmos. Last night after booting my pc up i couldnt get it out of the restart cycle, even after clearing the cmos. So after trying many different things i pulled one stick out and now it is booting perfectly. Ive tried putting either stick in the first slot and they both allow it to boot. I am giving the ram 2.1 volts in bios and it was working before so i dont know what is causing this problem.

Any help would be appreciated
Thx
Timmy

exact, EXACT same problem I'm having as well... care to chime in with your findings?

I have 2GB OCZ platinum Rev2, a DS3 v1.0, and bios rev F10, and no issues here. I am setting the VDimm to 2.0v (+0.2) in the BIOS.

Running 8x333 for 2.66 right now, 25 idle and 54 load on stock cooling & stock voltage. I'm comfortable with 65 load, so I'll probably be shooting for 3.2 soon.

I have 2GB OCZ platinum Rev2, a DS3 v1.0, and bios rev F10, and no issues here. I am setting the VDimm to 2.0v (+0.2) in the BIOS.

Running 8x333 for 2.66 right now, 25 idle and 54 load on stock cooling & stock voltage. I'm comfortable with 65 load, so I'll probably be shooting for 3.2 soon.

the problem is most prevalent in the Rev 3.3's.

EDIT: I think I found the issue for my problem. I had my numbers wrong for my BIOS tweaking...

Back