Antec P182 on Antec's site, newegg for sale

Deusfaux

Gawd
http://www.antec.com/us/pro_en_performance1.php

p182_q.jpg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129025

Gunmetal black finish (not regular black like P180B)

changes over P180:
External fan control on the rear panel for the top and rear fans in the upper chamber
Rubber grommet ports on the rear for liquid-cooling tubes
Cable organizers behind motherboard tray minimize cable clutter

Yeah, I just picked one up from Fry's today for 159. I'm just not sure if I should open it and get to know it a little better or return it.. It's gun metal. I was pretty lucky that I went today since that was the only box I saw and it was unscathed. Opinions?

i ordered a 180 from newegg a couple weeks ago, and the only difference between mine and a 182 is the color since they made all the changes inside the 180 as well. makes me happy because the black is much nice looking i think, plus it was 30 bucks cheaper then a 182 is now :)

They've been listing (pre-order) the p182SE for about a week on a couple of Canadian websites.Mirrored finish with black matte interior. Looks nice!

I think I'll end up with a p180, because all the revisions are in it now and its cheaper then the p182.

Same case IMHO. I will never buy a P-180 series case again. No matter what case it is (P-180, P-182) still requires cutting for the cooling to be somewhat great.

wait so antec made changes to the P180 that are already present in the P182? the only difference is the color, is this a good case in general cuz i desperately need a new one. is the cooling sufficient?

wait so antec made changes to the P180 that are already present in the P182? the only difference is the color, is this a good case in general cuz i desperately need a new one. is the cooling sufficient?

There's places for front, back up and hdd fans, and psu and hdd's are in a separate space than rest of the components, so... the cooling should be very sufficient.

IMO the set up of the P180/182 makes it one of the best cooling cases out there. Being able to separate the PSU and hard drives from the board is great.

@xnikx:

What new cable management? I've probably missed a few posts but it still seems to be missing the notch behind the motherboard for cabling...

LOL, I guess when you use a shovel to build a computer you get results like that. It would be nice if they wired it using the new wire routing options in the 182 series instead of just running it through the old floor hole.

Getting a 182 is so tempting to replace my 180, that relocated MB tray would solve quite a few things I dont like about my 180 build.

LOL, I guess when you use a shovel to build a computer you get results like that. It would be nice if they wired it using the new wire routing options in the 182 series instead of just running it through the old floor hole.

Getting a 182 is so tempting to replace my 180, that relocated MB tray would solve quite a few things I dont like about my 180 build.

I wonder how much a removable mobo tray would cost to design, produce, and implement in this design? It seems everyone raves about it, yet, you don't see that many of them.

Is there some direct P180 to P182 comparison page somewhere I can see? I'm not seeing at all how this P182 is that different...

Is there some direct P180 to P182 comparison page somewhere I can see? I'm not seeing at all how this P182 is that different...

I havnt seen a direct comparison yet, but I can tell you the changes between p182 and p180:

1) Now has holes for water cooling tubes in rear of case
2) Is now a dark gun metal grey colour instead of black
3) You can now control the speed of the case fans externally from a switch on the back of the case
4) The motherboard tray has been moved forward and new holes cut to improve cable managements and you can run now cables behind the motherboard tray.

@sitalchauhan:

Thanks for the details. I was looking at some photos of the backside of the P182 and couldn't quite tell how it was different or how cables could be run behind the tray. Do you know anywhere illustrating the moved tray I could check-out?

Here is a picture of behind the motherboard tray side in the new p182 (sorry the pic is on its side, but couldnt find any others):
http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/5227/dscn0044lb5.jpg

As you can see, there are holes at the top and sides of the motherboard tray so that you can run wires straight to the top as the person has done.

The P180 does not have these holes. Here is a pic of the P180 without the holes, but the person has drilled his own hole to run a cable up:
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/WaltMitty/DSC_2936web.jpg

You can see in the pic of the p182 that the motherboard tray is moved forward to allow space for the cables. In the p180, the space was very small so you were lucky if your cables were thin enough to fit.

@sitalchauhan:

That makes a lot of sense now, thank you!

I have a v1.0 P180 but am building a new workstation so may have to seriously consider this gun metal redesign. Thanks for clarifying the cabling! :)

No problem.

I have got a Rev1.1 P180 and am really disappointed that I didnt wait a little longer to get all of these extras. Cable management must be a dream with all the new features :)

Might try and flog this off to somebody if I get a decent price and get a P182...

Frankly I'm happy that I didn't pay extra for the 182. I don't mind a bit of customization on my part to make the case fit my needs.

That being said, I saw the black matte interior finish on the 182 and I was very envious. :eek:

The P182SE is now (as of 2:48 EST) in stock at NCIX/Direct Canada for Canadian shoppers!:)

If only the gun metal version also came with an all black interior.

@reswob:

Yeah that Special Edition version has a nice interior and all but I'd hate to get smudges on the case... :-/

Back