Does anyone make a USB header 'splitter?'

I saw a post on here about a flash usb drive that plugs directly into the motherboard USB header, that linked me to Logic Supply, featuring a 'splitter' for the usb header.

The one they show plugs directly into the motherboard and features two standard USB plugs on it.

My question is this. My motherboard only has 2 USB headers on it. There are 4 usb's on the back but two of them are power on USB plugs which I have the Asus remote receiver plugged into. The two mobo headers are ran to the usb ports on the front of my Lian Li PC65b.

My old motherboard had 3 headers and a rear slot bracket with two more usb jacks. I would like to use this bracket (still have it) but have no where to plug it in. Other than disconnecting the two front panel jacks (not an option) does anyone manufacture/sell a usb header 'splitter' that effectively lets you connect two internal usb headers to it?

Thanks for any insight anyone may have!

It's not possible to split the headers without some kind of USB hub and trying to do that internally would be a headache.

They do make PCI cards that have USB ports on them so if you have an open PCI slot that's one option. The other option would be to get an external USB hub and forget about the bracket.

yeah. i thought about getting a hub. thought about a pci card. just wondered if there WAS a little adapter someone did make so i could use the expansion slot bracket i have. I only need like 2 more usb ports and was trying to go w/o buying a hub/card.

thanks though!

yeah. i thought about getting a hub. thought about a pci card. just wondered if there WAS a little adapter someone did make so i could use the expansion slot bracket i have. I only need like 2 more usb ports and was trying to go w/o buying a hub/card.

thanks though!

[electronics engineer]
there may be some out there, but they will be in clear violation of the USB specification and performance/stability will not be guaranteed. similarly, according to the USB spec, cables that are female on one end and male on the other are not supposed to exist because they allow for potentially exceeding the maximum cable length. but, there are two guys at my office who use them regularly for front access to rear USB ports so who knows?

btw, the rationale for not finding a "splitter" is that USB devices are designed to be daisy-chained (no one uses them this way, but that's how the spec envisioned it). thus, each device in the chain is supposed to commuincate its power requirements upstream to the hub it's receiving power from. Hence, with a splitter, you'd have two devices at the same level in the chain and the hub would have no way of authenticating them properly and supplying power properly.
[/electronics engineer]

Back