Pimp my PC

birdmw

Weaksauce
I originally tried to post this under Extreme Cooling but the powers that be informed me that this didn't fit the fascist definition of: "extremely cool".. I disagree..

What if, you were to install a drive and 5" monitor INSIDE you computer SO that when folks go to take a peeksy at the gizmos in your Lian-Li case, they are shocked by the watercooling system, and then agast by the laser light show and the Led Zepplin? what movie would you be playing in your Extremely Cool case? (plz, this is not a joke sincere responses only)

Pulp Fiction
The Matrix(I think this one really works)
Crank (This would be awesome too)

I'd like to see this mod if you finish it. :)

Hmm I havn't seen 300 yet but when it comes out on dvd I'll have to check it out. But the matrix, thats brilliant ;) When I get the mod done I'll upload some pics :D . Also, how much do 5" tv's run? Another problem to overcome is going from dvd-bay to monitor. Is there a dvd-player that fits into a 5.25 ' bay?

Get a PSOne display and wire it to the tv-out connector on your video card. I think you can get them on ebay for pretty cheap now; mine was $20 at toys r us when they were closing them out.

Then you can use your dvd-rom drive or any video file from your pc.

I did some research (looked on google) and found that 5.6" monitors can be found in the $100 range along with 7 inches. They come from $80 up to $2,000 (but who wants HD at that size?)..

Also about how to actually hook it up, I would prefer to use a "dual monitor" so the internal echoed the external monitor, and it could play movies via normal methods. Problem with this is that you see the little SLI bridge between the 8800gtx's.. that makes it not compatable with dual monitor. Damn you s.L.I.!

I would worry about cleaning up your wires first, theres nothing pimp about having the inside of your case looking the way it does...Judging by that pic, your cable management is a disgrace.

I would worry about cleaning up your wires first, theres nothing pimp about having the inside of your case looking the way it does...Judging by that pic, your cable management is a disgrace.

haha owned.

and that obviously doesnt belong in the extreme cooling forum, since i dont see how that helps to cool your system to something like -50 celsius :rolleyes:

A disgrace to who? you? Your holy nedness? Whatever, The cables are fine, no serious flow impedance. I just built the sucker yesterday so it does have some managment left to do, I will give you that. ~Ah the relaxing joy of diffusing a dorky pwn bomb~. But you have to understand that those are two 8800's which means 4 pci-e power cords. How about this, ill zip it all up and give another screenshot tonight.... /me starts zipping

Day three on the OCP Forums: After much wandering, I have encountered the Anal Retentive Tribe. We have apparently offended their king. I hope these pictures help to ward off any further attacks.

Also: That video was great, I loved it, my girlfriend didn't get it.

IF these cables look good let me know, if they dont maybe you can offer some rewiring suggestions but as it is a little 5.6 incher would fit just fine. Has anyone ever seen this done before?

take off the side of the case, behind the motherboard, and run cables threw there.

xnikx: Yeah that might save the one wire between the two 8800's but I figure that can be delt with when I watercool them (this week sometime)/
speaking of which... how do I add additional watercooling parts when there is liquid flowing through it?

This guy looks right ,but a bit out of my price range:http://www4.shopping.com/xPO-Marshall-Marshall-V-LCD5V-P-5-LCD-Panel-Only

how does this psONE monitor work? is it hard to "hack", is it going to have that big goofy white circle around its borders? cause im not sure I have room for that

I imagine the pwn possie being a group of kids one pushing the other in a shopping cart with sharply spiked mohawks crusing past forums with a boom box and lots of head bobbing while they tell less computer literate punks how uncool they are before they get back to pampering their 5 minute attention spans with reruns of bevis and butthead.

Hey Kids Get Back Here!, my computer is all fixed up! Arn't I cool enough to be in your gang?

Your cable management isn't bad at all for now, but once you put the screen in there the cables and watercooling will definitely draw the eye away from the screen. I don't think it's a mod that you can pull off unless the inside of your case is super clean.

ps1 LCD mod is easy. The PCB behind the white plastic is also circular though. You may want to hide the pcb and just stick the LCD there...

I tried the PsOne mod twice and had pretty poor results. Same greenish unsynchronized screen on both of them and I'm not sure why seeing as how I followed the soldering instructions to a tee.

As for the LCD mod, I've seen several people put LCD's in their case and you can get some LCD modules off of www.performance-pcs.com that fit in your 5.25" bays. They're a tad more expensive, but I suppose would be worth the extra cash if you just wanna be lazy.

Movie would definitely be "The Day After Tomorrow" to show what the inside of your PC will look like once you've got that liquid N2 setup installed.

I've had the green screen happen once when my pinkie accidentally touched the CCFL transformer :eek: My pinkie was numb and twitching the whole day. And it had two parallel burn marks that stayed for a few months.

The green just means you caused ESD and fucked up the panel or that the screen was defective initially. The latter is more possible if you are careful, the screens are hard to come by and it is rather common to get shipped one that is "greenscale" before you even mod it. So TEST LCDs before modding them!

well this project calls for a tight fit so if there is a huge green circuit board behind it that prolly wont work :( PSOne monitors are 1)hard to find, 2) turn green 3) are too big.

must find another 5" monitor...

*Cough cough* look at this... One day I'll get one of these for my Mozart TX

1004.jpg

1003.jpg

1004a.jpg

1005.jpg

UPDATE: I just ordered my two video cooling units but there is one problem: there is already coolent flowing in my system!, How can I drain this puppy before safely adding new equipment?

wow cyant, that thing is a work of art! Yet it is still not an intenal display like what I am trying to aim for. Beautiful (and im sure pricey!) piece of machinery you have in mind there. Let me know if you ever do make a machine of that thing

UPDATE: I just ordered my two video cooling units but there is one problem: there is already coolent flowing in my system!, How can I drain this puppy before safely adding new equipment?

Didnt you build your system with a drain valve LOL?

Did you just inquisitively laugh out loud? ;) no there is no drain valve, which means, taking off cpu sink and pop n' pray into a bucket

Yeah that's what you will have to do eheh. Might want to add a valve to your system while you are there ;)

Like add a T plus a long enough hose to empty the line out of your case and a cap or a real release valve at the end.

okay that sounds like a good idea, but wont the cable managment team get mad at me?

who cares?
If you do a good job hiding your cables, nobody cares about water tubes. And trust me, you can do much better with those cables if you try hard enough.

"t. The word zhivago shares a root with the Russian word for life (&#1078;&#1080;&#1079;&#1085;&#1100;), one of the major themes of the novel. It tells the story of a man torn between two women, set primarily against the backdrop of the Russian Revolution of 1917. More deeply, the novel discusses the plight of a man as his life is slowly destroyed by the violence of the revolution. The book was made into a film by David Lean in 1965 " -Dr. Zhivago <--- Okay I give, my lack of smarts stopped me from either catching the irony or relating it to my apathy. I need education on this one.

Here is a new pic of what it looks with the UV light, unfortunately they forgot to send me the connecticazoinks for the 8800gtx watercoolers so Im left tinkering with UV lights for now, anyways enjoy:

reallycoolpc7.jpg

amasingimagejh7.jpg

The little chromagnan austrolapithisis neanderthol homo erectus whatever was my idea, I think more ppl should put art in their computer :cool:
PS: When i install the 5" LCD internal monitor I think I'll move that little picture up and cover the ribbon cable above it. Might look nice. And also with the black light the monitor cant be white, it must be black, so again, my options are gone from limited to even more limited :p

The parts are in the mail for me to (via a new radbox) w/ green coolent this time, chill all 4 ram and the mobo. This thing will look pretty organic in the end.

qx6700 2x8800gtx 4gigs corasir ram, 24" dell 2407 :eek:

EDIT: also, the last project is to add an internal monitor where the evolution image sits now~

hey m8, hows this going? i only just found the thread.

why is everything upside down? (noobish question i know)

that the way most, if not all Lian-Li cases are made. Same thing goes for BTX style format.

Hami makes a small True VGA monitor thats about 8" its easily moddable for what you want to do. Its an 800x600 native resolution that supports 1024x768, its used alot for Car PC installations, they also have a touch creen version. They sell them on E-Bay for less than $200. i have a PSOne display I have taken aprt and have never gotten around to finishing it up, problem is I dont have any soldering sikills required to get it wired up properly. I would like to get it hooked up so I can use it as a mini VGA monitor. Would be nice to have just my Vent info on it or something like that. But as soon as i get the money I am getting the Hami, at least it won't look so ghetto sitting next to my 22" widescreen.

Also: That video was great, I loved it, my girlfriend didn't get it.

IF these cables look good let me know, if they dont maybe you can offer some rewiring suggestions but as it is a little 5.6 incher would fit just fine. Has anyone ever seen this done before?[/QUOTE]

By girlfriend, do you mean that piece of rabbit fur you rub on your &^%&??

:D:D

Looks good, hope this works out for you

Back