new 8600 info.

the 8600 is slated to release on april 22 of this year. the GTS clock speed will be 675 core and 2000mhz memory (effective)
Retail pricing will start at $250

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f128/Maximusneo701/Photo-0114.jpg
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f128/Maximusneo701/Photo-0113.jpg

some idiot put them out before the release at best buy. that idiot...... is my department senior
also when we told the manager about it. she said ti was fine don't worry about it.
so if u wanna get one and u live in the lees summit area we got em out. we will prolly get fined so i tried to get them pulled but all the managers told me its fine leave them out

edit 4/21/07 so i correct myself in calling my senior an idiot (i thought i already took it out i'm sorry) he made a mistake on putting them out i guess, but other stores did to and people bought them but w/e. so now i have been suspended from my store for this post. posting the specs and retail pricing. they said i posted our store cost but i thought i put "expect to see these online for around $xxx". apparently i didn't. i made a mistake here so i am the idiot now and i will be fired shortly. no matter what i say i can't undo what i did i just hope my apology is worth something still. and the reason i did it in the first place is so because i am like the biggest nerd ever and found out something about new hardware that everyone had been wanting to hear and speculating on so i thought i would share the specs and pricing with everyone who had been wanting to know. it was out in the open to the public anyone could ahve come up and took a pic and read the side of the box and post pics like i did. i messed up i'm sorry.

when do the damn NDAs come off the 8300/8600 stuff? I really need to see some more info.

when do the damn NDAs come off the 8300/8600 stuff? I really need to see some more info.
pretty much everything about the 8600 line has been revealed including a few benchmarks and power consumption.

pretty much everything about the 8600 line has been revealed including a few benchmarks and power consumption.

and the 8300? particularly the GT? I want full reviews. Minor details don't cut it :p What does Ati have coming thats comparable to the 8600/8300 stuff? I haven't paid attention in quite some time. I'm most interested in hdcp compatibility, and just having enough kick to run vista. Passive would be exceptional.

the 8600 is slated to release on april 22 of this year. the GTS clock speed will be 675 core and 2000mhz memory (effective)

some idiot put them out before the release at best buy. that idiot...... is my supervisor.
also when we told the manager about it. she said ti was fine don't worry about it.

which best buy store? I bet they are gone by now :rolleyes:

some idiot put them out before the release at best buy. that idiot...... is my supervisor.

Congrats! You have made the front page of GPUReview.com! Go ahead, you can feel special now.
http://www.gpureview.com/

I was going to put the part about you calling your supervisor an idiot in the news post, but I left it
out just in case.

That first picture in the description says stereo out?!

it called retail pricing and i hate it. our cost is around $160 so expect newegg to have them around 175.

What do u mean "our cost"? You buy them in bullk so the cost is much lower than the retail one. Also, how else would the store make a profit? I doubt newegg will sell them for a 15$ profit.

Does it say anywhere on the box how many stream processors there are?

I'm going to go to my local Best Buy tonight and double check anywho.

I decided to go ahead and buy one and give it a run. They had a BFG OC edition. Its clocked at 710/2000 stock.

Tests to follow after I install.

I decided to go ahead and buy one and give it a run. They had a BFG OC edition. Its clocked at 710/2000 stock.

nice, mind posting some pictures and benchmarks? Im going to buy the 8600gt during the summer time and it will porbibly (should be) on newegg by then for a cheaper price then what best buy is charging now(hopefully).

nice, mind posting some pictures and benchmarks? Im going to buy the 8600gt during the summer time and it will porbibly (should be) on newegg by then for a cheaper price then what best buy is charging now(hopefully).

Yeah, benchies and or pics would be cool. :D

Sorry guys. I'm not fast. :p

System:
E6300@Stock Speeds
2x1gb pqi Turbo DDR2-533
F-I90HD Fatal1ty MB
Geforce 8600GTS 710/2000

3DMark05
1024x768 Resolution
10058 3DMarks
5939 CPU Marks

3DMark06
1280x1024 Resolution
5245 3DMarks
2351 SM2.0
2072 SM3.0
1626 CPU

I'm actually amazed with 3DMark06. I figured I'd be pulled down by my C2D more than that. Its hardly top of the line. Heck, this entire computer cost under 900 bucks.

More tests to follow. I gotta track down the demo benchmark programs because I have no clue where my games are. WoW ate my soul last 2 years. :D

Sorry guys. I'm not fast. :p

System:
E6300@Stock Speeds
2x1gb pqi Turbo DDR2-533
F-I90HD Fatal1ty MB
Geforce 8600GTS 710/2000

3DMark05
1024x768 Resolution
10058 3DMarks
5939 CPU Marks

3DMark06
1280x1024 Resolution
5245 3DMarks
2351 SM2.0
2072 SM3.0
1626 CPU

I'm actually amazed with 3DMark06. I figured I'd be pulled down by my C2D more than that. Its hardly top of the line. Heck, this entire computer cost under 900 bucks.

More tests to follow. I gotta track down the demo benchmark programs because I have no clue where my games are. WoW ate my soul last 2 years. :D

Not bad at all! Can this card res go up to 1920x1200? :D(which is my monitor res). Anyways, got any pictures so we know that your not lying? :p

Maybe I should get two of these for SLi, join the SLi club, and then buy a 2407WFP.

Maybe I should get two of these for SLi, join the SLi club, and then buy a 2407WFP.
That would NOT be a wise move. You would still be limited by the 256mb of 128-bit memory. The 8800gts would be a much better choice than two of these cards and cheaper.

I know lol. I wasn't really gonna do it. I'd much rather have 1 really strong card than 2 lesser cards.

Not bad at all! Can this card res go up to 1920x1200? :D(which is my monitor res). Anyways, got any pictures so we know that your not lying? :p

My monitor wont even go that high. :p I have a 15 inch Trinitron CRT.

As for pictures, I dont have a camera. I'm pretty poor actually. lol. This is my first computer upgrade in 2 years and its under 1k. Married, only person bringing in income, etc. I have no reason to lie, however. What would be the point in that?

That would NOT be a wise move. You would still be limited by the 256mb of 128-bit memory. The 8800gts would be a much better choice than two of these cards and cheaper.

Well.. depends on the brand. I was going to pick up a XFX 8800 GTS320, and this card saved me about 90 bucks. Its not EVGA or XFX, but BFG is still a very good video card brand, so I'm not really disappointed.

Also, for someone like me with such a small monitor (and honestly I've never played a single game with AA/AF on), the 128bit memory is hardly noticable. Plus the 8800GTS covers up crucial slots in my SFF box. :(

Didnt have the time to benchmark anymore before having to hit the sack. Gotta get up at 5 every morning and didnt have the time. When I get off work tonight I'll run some more benchmarks.

What are the card's specifications ? Number of Stream Processores for example :)

Thanks

Out of curiousity is there anyway to check that out physically (on through some method in Windows)?

I actually looked immediately for it on the box, and didnt see anything. Inside the box only include some misc cables and adapters, the card, and a small cardboard cd wallet sort of thing that had the cd in it (along with some fairly idiot proof instructions and a lot of advertising junk).

Is there some sort of tool to check through windows? Never had to check for stream processors before :p I just assume what I read online.

Rivatuner tells you that info.

Hm... you dont say? I hardly ever OC (mostly out of laziness and the lack of need to) so I dont think I've actually ever used it. Will install it when I get home. Plan on Fraps'ing some demo's too to see how the FPS runs. I think it will be decent. I dont think the thing will run Crysis or anything, but it should set me up for something like Quake Wars just fine.

Hmm, $250 for this, or go scrounging online and find an 8800gts for about the same (AR of course)...Wonder which way anyone that's sane would go? These cards need to drop in price and *fast* if they're going to sell well (to anyone but the Worst Buy crowd).

Of course we'll need to wait for release and see what NewEgg and the like will be charging. ~$200 seems acceptable (for the short term), if the BB "cost" is right, considering it's straddling the 7900/7950 priceline/performance. I'm disappointed that they don't do better though (silly 128 bit bus), since most 79x0s have nice headroom (unknown on these new cards of course). On the BB front, is it true employees get cost+x%, or is it retail-x% (maybe another retailer I'm thinking of)? Too bad I can't stand BB, or I'd take a p/t job there just for the discounts ;).

Hm... you dont say? I hardly ever OC (mostly out of laziness and the lack of need to) so I dont think I've actually ever used it. Will install it when I get home. Plan on Fraps'ing some demo's too to see how the FPS runs. I think it will be decent. I dont think the thing will run Crysis or anything, but it should set me up for something like Quake Wars just fine.

It will run Crysis pretty damn well. Maybe not as well using DX10, but it will run it pretty well in DX9.

There is a benchmark in the main menu for Counter Strike Source. Doom 3 has a timedemo
you can run by typing a command into the console. I downloaded a little program that uses
Prey to run a demo bechmark. I don't know if you have those games though.

Rivatuner tells you that info.

I think it has to be optimized for each card gen, because I just got a bunch of blanks for the info. *shrug*

Got some more Benchmarks.

Fear
1280x960
4xAA, 8xAF, High Quality
Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
6032, 193361, 6, 143, 31.196

Quake 4 Demo (Indoors)
1280x1024
No AA, High Quality
10083, 359075, 6, 62, 28.080

Quake 4 Demo (Outdoors)
1280x1024
No AA, High Quality
5226, 95520, 9, 62, 54.711

Not bad. These werent preset demo's either, they were of actual gameplay.

I think it has to be optimized for each card gen, because I just got a bunch of blanks for the info. *shrug*

Got some more Benchmarks.

Fear
1280x960
4xAA, 8xAF, High Quality
6032, 193361, 6, 143, 31.196

Quake 4 Demo (Indoors)
1280x1024
No AA, High Quality
10083, 359075, 6, 62, 28.080

Quake 4 Demo (Outdoors)
1280x1024
No AA, High Quality
5226, 95520, 9, 62, 54.711

Not bad. These werent preset demo's either, they were of actual gameplay.
Those are actually horrible compared to my lowly 7600gt. I get only 1 fps worse average in FEAR with those settings and all max settings. I used fraps on Quake4 awhile back on my Windows XP machine and also got much higher fps even on a 7600gs and athlon 2400. :confused:

Back