New EIZO 24" HD2441W with 1080i support due in June

pedrito

n00b
I'm currently trying to find a 24" monitor with 1080i support over dvi.
Reading the threads its not clear whether the BenQ 241W works correctly with 1080i over dvi (shawkie reported a blurred image)
Many have said 1080i works ok over HDMI input with the benq - BUT can anyone confirm that 1080i works ok on the benq over dvi?

NEW EIZO 24" due in June
=====================
During my enquiries I heard from the Eizo uk dealer ( via the japan head office ) that a new 24" Eizo is due in to start manufacturing in June and it will have full 1080i support.
The model number is HD2441W
I thought I'd mention it in case others like me are looking for good colour/quality in a widescreen and want 1080i support to cater for the video files output by the latest crop of HDV camcorders.

I'm not sure I can wait until June but if no other 24" monitors work with 1080i then maybe I'll have to sit tight til then....:(

if its priced like other eizos, the additional time will also allow you to sell more of your less prized body parts to afford this baby.

don't want to know why eizo feels the need to kick their prices through the bloody ceiling.
there's nothing so special about their monitors to justify the hideous price differences.

if its priced like other eizos, the additional time will also allow you to sell more of your less prized body parts to afford this baby.

don't want to know why eizo feels the need to kick their prices through the bloody ceiling.
there's nothing so special about their monitors to justify the hideous price differences.

There high end displays that are out of my price range too, are designed for professional environments that need perfect color rendition... such as in a studio or photo lab. I am a professional photographer, but its not a step I've wanted to take... I am now using a Dell 30" LCD (HC) and couldn't be happier.

interesting....

but not sure if it is worth the wait for me (been in the waiting game for over 3 years now)

by the time it really becomes available, LED displays will be on the horizon, and i'll be tempted to wait on decent one of those... (which will probably mean a couple more years of waiting)

aaaarg, cant they just release 1 decent screen?

Back