[H] Quad Displays

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
I upgraded my system a week ago to a config that would support 4 x DVI. Using an 8800GTX and 6600 GT both PCIe cards gave me the support I wanted. I have been running triple monitors for a few years now. The Sony 20's I have are starting to get a bit dated and have lost a tad of their sharpness, so I opted for a Dell 30". Moved my Sony's up top (since they are still good monitors) and my newer Dell 20" besides my 30 in portrait mode.

I pretty much leave my mail open on the 20 and work on the 30 and use the two 20s up top for movies/extra desktop space/IM/music. It has made for a very convenient work setup. I'm digging it. Wanted to share.

quadmonitors.jpg

Oh yeah, my new monitor stand is a solid wood bench from Ikea that I got on the cheap. Very sturdy.

I have the Dell 30" next to an Acer 19" at home - I can't live without the 30" now for either gaming or working. Can you imagine 4 30"s in your setup?

that pic on the upper left monitor of the hummer entering the mud pit is sweet - how deep was it?

Ikea huh? Who knew!

kyle's desk! :) that's w00tful.

I like how the 20 sideways matches up with the 30 all perfect like.

I see several different [H] stickers. What must a loyal [H]'er do to get some hot sticker action?

yes.. there are few stickers I would fly on the front of my case, but [H] is one of them for sure. :)

Klipsch ProMedia FTW!

Is that 2.1 or 4/5.1?

Awesome. Kyle is trying to show us his quad monitor setup and peeping toms like me and
Neptune find ourselves examining the picture for details about Kyle's life. Is there a trash can
in the pic? Maybe we can find out what Kyle has in his trash can. I bet there is some cool
stuff in there.:cool:

That is an awesome setup Kyle! Now all I need is 2 more monitors and then I can join the club!

Awesome. Kyle is trying to show us his quad monitor setup and peeping toms like me and
Neptune find ourselves examining the picture for details about Kyle's life. Is there a trash can
in the pic? Maybe we can find out what Kyle has in his trash can. I bet there is some cool
stuff in there.:cool:

Just asking about the speakers because I have a ProMedia 2.1 set.

Did anyone else notice the colored/modded PowerMac in the lower left corner of the pic?

I know its off subject Kyle but...I'm *dying* to see if thats the real deal. Pics please!

Did anyone else notice the colored/modded PowerMac in the lower left corner of the pic?

I know its off subject Kyle but...I'm *dying* to see if thats the real deal. Pics please!

Isn't that from the Rotten Apple writeup a number of years ago?

don't knock the lavalamp.. I have one also.. it's a nice deskoration. :)
I totally forgot that! D'oh!

My true feelings regarding your lavalamp are now exposed! :D

(rev and I used to live in the same town)

your desk is teh messy
nice setup though. Using 2 NV cards? how hard was it to set this up?

Should have seen it before I took the picture! :eek:

Relatively easy setup, I had installed the 8800 and driver first, then the 6600 was not picked up by the 8800 driver. Installed the 6600 driver, caused the system to BSOD when it went to the load driver on the primary 8800. Went in safe mode, reinstalled the 8800 driver and all was well.

Lesson for now, install the 6600 & driver first, then the 8800 & driver.

I have the Dell 30" next to an Acer 19" at home - I can't live without the 30" now for either gaming or working. Can you imagine 4 30"s in your setup?

that pic on the upper left monitor of the hummer entering the mud pit is sweet - how deep was it?

Ikea huh? Who knew!

That hole was only about 2 feet, just an extreme entry angle.

And trust me I was not counting on finding anything solid wood at Ikea either.

What brand/model is that desk?

No clue. I bought it from a used office furniture dealer here in Dallas many years ago. It is actually the corner to a cube setup. You can pull the cabinets for the ends as the desk it cantilevered if you need more leg room.

kyle,

did u really spend half a million dollars for that picture frame ? :D

Pwwwffttt.. that's nuttin' here's my setup biatch.

dscn4789.jpg
(yes that is me!!!!!!!)...ok not really...but still! kickass :) I would actually need 3 more displays to be in the Quad display club... (Not exactly hard to do since you can get cheappy LCDs)

I totally forgot that! D'oh!

My true feelings regarding your lavalamp are now exposed! :D

(rev and I used to live in the same town)

shit.. we used to work in the same office not 20 feet from each other. :p

anyways.. it's fun to see other people's desks. I think. :)

I'm surprised nobody has made a joke about the roll of paper towels on the left side of the pic :p

Back