WHITE HOT: PNY 8800GTS 320MB $215 AR Buy.com

And if you don't need a graphics card, you can get the Corsair 520W power supply for $75AR using that coupon also. :eek: :eek:

Holy [H]otness. I was almost ready to order a eVGA but this...is... a hot deal!

FYI, for some reason you cannot use the $10 off thing w/ Google Checkout (new users). Still an awesome deal, of course.

sigh, right after I buy one from newegg. Got an EVGA though, so it's alright.

damn this is so tempting...

should i get this.. i got a 24" Dell Monitor that plays at 1920x1200.... i know the 640mb or the GTX would be the best.. but i'm willing to wait until the 8800 ultra or the 8900 come out... (plus i read at Maximum PC mag that when the dx10 games come out in 2008 the 8800GTX will be a mid-range card by then)... so is this fine for right now? the 320 version.. usually i play CS:S or sometimes Dark Messiah...

i'm really tempted to buy it...

thank you OP! buying it right now. had a seller who wanted $225 for the same card, but I'll jump on this instead.

Watch for the disclaimer on order tho:
Through this special offer, I can try all the money-saving benefits of Everyday Values without risk for the next 30 days, FREE. Unless I call toll free during my 1-month trial to cancel, the $11.99 membership fee, or then-current monthly fee, will be billed automatically each month to my credit or debit card I entered for Buy.com. I can call any time to cancel my benefits and owe nothing further. The $15 Reward is mine to keep, whatever I decide.

Click NO on the offer page, and you'll still receive your $15 off.

Came out to $241 with standard shipping. With MIR, $221, which is not bad at all, considering that I don't have to worry about being scammed :p

I hate how all buy.com coupons are for new customers only. What's the incentive to being a returning customer?

Guess they only want 1 time customers.

BAH, says I already used the coupon code and there is no way around it :mad: . I must say though buy.com has given me the worst experience I have had online. They will not tell you if an item is out of stock and do not give out a phone number to call them.

After searching online for there phone number, I called and waited 2 hours (speaker phone of course) to speak to somebody from INDIA that told me it was out of stock.

Damnit I am arguing with myself. I am going to get on this even though I hate buy.com with a passion. I am hoping for the best and hope they can just take my money, and ship me what I ordered in a descent amount of time. GAWD I vouched I would not order from them again after the last one :( .

cool. and seeing as they're all reference design for now, pny shouldn't be any worse than the other brands. too tempting, but my 7900gs is treating me more than well enough in win2k3. vista drivers make it turn to shit though, but I can't warrant an upgrade just because nvidia drivers for vista suck, which i'm sure aren't much better for 8800. it'd be terrible though if they stopped further development of older drivers so we can get up to page.

cool. and seeing as they're all reference design for now, pny shouldn't be any worse than the other brands. too tempting, but my 7900gs is treating me more than well enough in win2k3. vista drivers make it turn to shit though, but I can't warrant an upgrade just because nvidia drivers for vista suck, which i'm sure aren't much better for 8800. it'd be terrible though if they stopped further development of older drivers so we can get up to page.

Another reaon not to upgrade to shitsta.

Another reaon not to upgrade to shitsta.

yeah man. i dual boot 2k3 and spend most of my time there, but lately I've been trying to force myself to migrate. They changed everything around for no good reason, and it's so frustrating.

God damn thats hot. Plus PNY is the single best company I have ever dealt with when it comes to rebates.
Had 2 rebates returned to me both within 4 weeks. You can trust PNY and rebates.

wait a few weeks, u'll be able to get the 640mb version for the same price

Have to admit, almost got the milk out of the nose thing on me. :D

Good one.

btw if anyone's so inclined to open credit cards, buy.com's visa is 30 bucks credit on a new account. I didn't feel guilty about doing it. My credit's very good, and how many people can say they bought an 8800 320 for 185?

Good one.

btw if anyone's so inclined to open credit cards, buy.com's visa is 30 bucks credit on a new account. I didn't feel guilty about doing it. My credit's very good, and how many people can say they bought an 8800 320 for 185?

None since you wont be using it again lol

Why does everybody believe that the 640MB version will come near this price?? The cheapest card you can get now with 512MB GDDR3 is a 1950PRO at newegg for about $240. Given this information it seems highly unlikely that 640MB GDDR3 will got for this low paired with a 8800GTS.

Why does everybody believe that the 640MB version will come near this price?? The cheapest card you can get now with 512MB GDDR3 is a 1950PRO at newegg for about $240. Given this information it seems highly unlikely that 640MB GDDR3 will got for this low paired with a 8800GTS.

http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?p=AT-19PRO51&c=fr
http://www.chiefvalue.com/product/productdetails.aspx?submit=&item=14-102-075&ATTVideo Cards
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102075

Doesn't look like it to me.

You can even get a X1950Pro (AGP) 512MB for $220 or less
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131051
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131051

Alright, but what does ATI have to push the 640MB down in the price range? I really don't see anything as of now. The new lineup ATI has coming is the 600 610 and 630, none of which pose a threat to the 8800GTS.

Now if ATI really does have the 650 lineup coming out almost right after, then I am sure they will push the 600 down to fight the GTS. This is all speculation of course, and the only plausible situation to drop the price on the GTS lineup. Not to mention that they have a "mid" price benchmark flop coming with the 8600 series.

I really have to ask this.

i am buying my self a 7900GS Evga card + a v900 Zalman fan.

but i can drop both and get a PNY 8800 GTS card you kindly added in this section.

what is the better thing to do , a 7900 GS Evga or a 800 GTS PNY ?

I really have to ask this.

i am buying my self a 7900GS Evga card + a v900 Zalman fan.

but i can drop both and get a PNY 8800 GTS card you kindly added in this section.

what is the better thing to do , a 7900 GS Evga or a 800 GTS PNY ?

The 8800 GTS, there's no comparison :eek:

But the 7900 GS is built by Evga , and i never heard of PNy are they good ?

But the 7900 GS is built by Evga , and i never heard of PNy are they good ?

PNY is a big name in the graphics computer industry, and specifically the graphics cards industry. They've been around a long time, and are pretty well respected as a value brand.

I hope that answers your question.

This just made the first page of Deals of America.com...lol. Still debating, this, or continue to wait for the R600s?

Good one.

Opening credit cards is easy, closing them is what's really hard. Definitely not worth 30 bucks to have another open line of credit on your record.

Alright, but what does ATI have to push the 640MB down in the price range? I really don't see anything as of now. The new lineup ATI has coming is the 600 610 and 630, none of which pose a threat to the 8800GTS.

Now if ATI really does have the 650 lineup coming out almost right after, then I am sure they will push the 600 down to fight the GTS. This is all speculation of course, and the only plausible situation to drop the price on the GTS lineup. Not to mention that they have a "mid" price benchmark flop coming with the 8600 series.

But if the 2900XT is really $399, that's gonna drive 640 MB GTS prices down.

PNY is a big name in the graphics computer industry, and specifically the graphics cards industry. They've been around a long time, and are pretty well respected as a value brand.

I hope that answers your question.
I don't respect them but this is very tempting.

I've seen a lot of graphic cards by PNY (@ best buy). From the last review I posted (page 1), it looks to be decent... it just depends on what the company will do for you after they sell the product.

And for those who opened a credit card, cut it up after you receive it :p. Better to keep it open and cut it up than to close the account and dent your credit score.

Back