Vista Betas Set To Expire

HardOCP News

[H] News
A little reminder to all of you out there still tinkering around with beta builds of Windows Vista, all preview builds are set to expire May 31st. Don’t feel bad, I am one of those people running a beta build because I am still on the fence about picking up Vista Ultimate. Anyone else still tinkering with Vista RC2?

On 31 May 2007, all Customer Preview Program (CPP) pre-release versions of Windows Vista will expire. If you are running a pre-release version of Windows Vista (Beta 2, RC1 or RC2), you will begin to receive warning notifications about the upcoming expiration on 18 May. To avoid work disruption and loss of data, we strongly recommend that customers running any of these pre-release versions of Windows Vista migrate their PCs to the final version of Windows Vista prior to 31 May

I thought it expired before that, thats why I got a copy of vista ultimate.. Oh well. I still have vista beta 2 and rc2 lying around in my room and collecting dusts.

I'm still running a dual boot of RC2 and XP.

Guess I should put that back to just being XP before the beta expires.

Glad I picked up Vista Ultimate for $235 (full retail) .It was one of the few deals the closing Compusa stores have. Yes I know I could have gotten Vista ultimate OEM for about $200, but it doesent include both 64 and 32 bit versions, nor did I want to get in the middle of calling MS and explaining that I had a "hardware failure" every time I went to reinstall.. for the extra $35 it was worth it.

I just uninstalled RC2 from a dual boot machine. I actually like Vista a lot, but while the OS itself runs decently on my old machine (Barton 2500) the speed I lose in games makes them almost unplayable compared to XP. So this machine will stay XP since it is too old to play anything using DX10 anyway and my older games run faster, and when I build a new PC I'll install Vista Home Premium on it.

Glad I got vista ultimate for free like so many others at the Microsoft launch event! :D

Glad I picked up Vista Ultimate for $235 (full retail) .It was one of the few deals the closing Compusa stores have. Yes I know I could have gotten Vista ultimate OEM for about $200, but it doesent include both 64 and 32 bit versions, nor did I want to get in the middle of calling MS and explaining that I had a "hardware failure" every time I went to reinstall.. for the extra $35 it was worth it.

I'm the same way when it comes to windows. I myself prefer to always pay the extra money for the full retail verison over the OEM version so that I don't have to worry about reinstalls or anything like that.

I'm going to run this RC1 until it stops......
then I'll just continue with my MCE of XP until I have a compelling reason to make the switch to Vista.
I do like some of the features, but not yet enough to make the jump.

I'll tell you what, that new Ubuntu/Linux looks interesting for everything but gaming, I may give that a try first.....after all, it's free.

I am running RC1. I am also trying to decide whether to get Vista or not. Also I dont have a ligit copy of XP so I am going to have to get something soon. If i still get a copy of Xp pro OEM will i still recieve a upgrade cupon? or is it to late for that?

My brother still has RC1 as his main OS. I am going to have to remove that for him.

Another dual booter here, with RC2 and XP each on its own HD. I have both a Business and a Home Premium copy to install, but I'm waiting to upgrade to a C2D rig in two weeks and plan on loading Vista Biz on that cleanly, using the XP rig (possibly dual booting with the Home Prem) as a backup gamer in case Vista doesn't improve in gaming eventually.

The university software center here (A&M) is supposed to have Vista Ultimate and Office 2007 at the end of May, so that will be pushing it close since my desktop is currently only running RC2. Supposedly it is going to cost a whopping $30 for both of them (total, not each).:)

I got Vista Business for free from my school (Georgia Tech) and for some unknown reason, I received another Vista Business in the mail the other day from Microsoft. I did try the beta versions, but never submitted any bugs, so I guess Microsoft was just feeling generous?

Heh, I have four legit copies of ultimate, two of business, and one of home premuim. :) Dont' ask :)

Heh, I have four legit copies of ultimate, two of business, and one of home premuim. :) Dont' ask :)

intel Retailedge gives you a working 64 bit dvd and working 32bit dvd. = I know, I'm running it one sys1 and the e6300 minibox is running the 32 bit dvd, both "cdkeys" were accepted, days apart from each other.
Business : POWERTOGETHER. Who says you can't have two different accounts there :)
Me and "Carol" got one.

Home Premium : I'll have it eventually whenever gateway/microsoft/fullfillment center actually SENDS it to me. I bought that GT5082 deal that was out in november
x2-3800+, 250GB sata drive, 2GB ram, 16X DL, XP MCE 2005 + Vista Home Premium 'express upgrade' (has taken 5 months so far, and I STILL don't have it, so I would hate to see the "slow" version) for $300.00

intel Retailedge gives you a working 64 bit dvd and working 32bit dvd. = I know, I'm running it one sys1 and the e6300 minibox is running the 32 bit dvd, both "cdkeys" were accepted, days apart from each other.
Business : POWERTOGETHER. Who says you can't have two different accounts there :)
Me and "Carol" got one.

Home Premium : I'll have it eventually whenever gateway/microsoft/fullfillment center actually SENDS it to me. I bought that GT5082 deal that was out in november
x2-3800+, 250GB sata drive, 2GB ram, 16X DL, XP MCE 2005 + Vista Home Premium 'express upgrade' (has taken 5 months so far, and I STILL don't have it, so I would hate to see the "slow" version) for $300.00

Haha. Yeah the retail edge program gave you two working keys vs where you should normally only recieve one.

Am i the only one or does anyone else find Vista sluggish? I have used it on multiple systems with varied specs and i have come across the same issue...

Back