Most Bad Ass Mobo for C2D under $200???

LawGiver

2[H]4U
I was looking at the Abit QuadGT. Any others I should be aware of? I saw a review where the ASUS P5B Deluxe was brought up to 600 FSB, but others I read said it could only do 385....so is there something I need to know about the ASUS P5B Deluxe?

I'm running 515fsb right now...<3 P5b Deluxe.

All you need is some good NB/RAM cooling and your good to go

i bought the MSI P6N Platinum $170, along with an E4300, Tuniq Tower, Geil DDR2 800 4-4-4-12.

my cpu and mb, gets here moday. so i can let you know how itis later that night.

The QuadGT is very, very good.
Remember that it will do well over 500fsb on the 1067 strap whereas the P5B will be on the looser 1333.

I currently have a P6N Platinum as well, currently waiting on the e6600, as much as I know (without any first hand experience with the P6N), it is one of the best stock performing mobos, but def. not one of the best overclockers

Lovin' my QuadGT as well. Solid capacitors, digital pwm, 8 pin cpu power, silent OTES, external cmos reset, its wonderful.

I'm looking at the Asus P5N deluxe, but I heard somewhere that the it has overheating problems. I plan to OC my 6600 to 3.6-3.8 on air, will I have any heat problems with the P5N Dlx?

I'm gonna get a Biostar like $109 and can do 535fsb

I'm looking at the Asus P5N deluxe, but I heard somewhere that the it has overheating problems. I plan to OC my 6600 to 3.6-3.8 on air, will I have any heat problems with the P5N Dlx?

thats a good question son. anyone know what the most silent aftermaket CPU cooler is that will get the E6600 to say at least 3.3Ghz?

thats a good question son. anyone know what the most silent aftermaket CPU cooler is that will get the E6600 to say at least 3.3Ghz?

he was talking about the northbridge getting hot ;) - i cant answer that cause i havent read about it..

But...

i know for your e6600 at 3.3 you could get away with even an ultra 90 (which are 17 bucks + you would need to buy a fan)... i have the setup in my sig and even after 12 hours of orthos it will hit 48c max

it depends on what you have your volts at too, but i know an ultra 90 and a quiet fan will get you 3.3 on an e6600..

Back