new design for d5 pump

20070425_181059_1.jpg

20070425_182446_1.jpg

20070425_182416_1.jpg

20070425_182324_1.jpg

20070425_182307_1.jpg

20070425_181118_1.jpg

He made it, he posts stuff he makes here (and other forums) to get input from the water cooling world on improvments and to see if there's enough interest to bring the thing to market...............:D

I think that this is an awesome upgrade to the D5 pump. I do have 1 suggestion. The fill port is in the front of the reservoir. It would seem more advantageous (at least to me) to have the port in the back. Easier access from the back than the front. Easier to plumb in a DD fill port from the top of the computer.

When do you start taking orders?:)

Alright, in that case, it looks good.

I do have one concern... the Inlet is mounted facing down, which directly contradicts Laing's spec sheet... The res might negate this, but I'm not sure.

I've looked at his other threads and he never answers questions posed to him. If he's going to post these threads he should at least participate in them beyond the OP.

i'm from china, my english isnt so good to answer your question,i can only read ,but cannt to speak out ,so i few speak sorry!:p

His English is better than a few Americans that I've seen posting in these forums.

Yep... turn the entire thing over and put the fillport on the opposite side, so the pump hangs down from the res rather than being upside down... laing explicit state that that'll cause damage and negate warranty... Other than that, superb idea....

Might I recommending axing the nasty aluminum fillport and swapping in a nice Petra's acetal fillport? Unless, of course, the rest of the loop is going to be aluminum.

Might I recommending axing the nasty aluminum fillport and swapping in a nice Petra's acetal fillport? Unless, of course, the rest of the loop is going to be aluminum.

It looks to me like it's just a cap. I don't know why he'd bother putting an $9 part in when there are perfectly good parts at a hardware store for under $1. IMHO the pics don't make it clear what material that piece is made from.

I'm an aluminum prude myself (brass/copper/etc. please!) but if that nut is aluminum, it won't cause any problems unless you complete the circuit.

edit: if the orientation is "fixed". I'd be very interested to see some commercial products. Maybe Petra could do something with the OP... :D

Very nice!

Pump needs to be turned around! Upside down is bad!

Laing says NOT to put the pump in that position (inlet facing down). It makes the pump work too hard.

Excellent Idea, if you can add a fill to the top, and use the one you have now as a drain you will be set!

你作地很好!我的中文不太好, 对不起。你自己作了还是定作了? 漂亮!

我是重庆的,你呢?

你好 我是大连的,是我做的,我是专业做水冷的

I'm an aluminum prude myself (brass/copper/etc. please!) but if that nut is aluminum, it won't cause any problems unless you complete the circuit.

Yep. Exactly

Back