Quad-SLI 7950GX2 Support in Vista?

heatlesssun

Extremely [H]
So will there ever be Quad-SLI support for the 7950GX2 in Vista?

I put another hard drive in the sig rig so that I could keep my XP RAID0 install, and installed Vista so that I could wait it out a little longer before I build my next dream rig. I'm going to put a DX10 card in the sig rig when numbers for DX10 performance and ATI and nVidia introduce their new parts. Hopefully that's within six weeks.

For the time being, I tried the 101.x and 158.18 drivers and I don't seem to get any type of SLI support, dual or quad, in any drivers I've tried. In fact, with the 158.18 drivers I the the message "NVIDIA Control Panel Application, 1.4.7.02 had stopped working" when I even try to bring up the control panel. Looks like nVidia has some work to do.

Love to hear from anyone who has tried to run QUAD-SLI or a 7950GX2 in Vista and how its gone for them!

R O F L

not anytime soon. sli support is a joke atm

not really i got good scores and performance in x64 Vista Ultimate with one 7950X2 compare to my results in XP 32bit. Vista x64 scored more.
This is with 3dmark,2001,03,05,06

heatlesssun,

I had two 7950GX2 sold one and installed Vista 32 with 158.18 and everything is running very good

I'm suprised because all of the problems you hear.

I ran 3dmar06 yesterday and my score was 7049 and window score was above 5.0

I've play Fear and BF2142 and they are running good and I was shocked when I saw Fear it looked so different(Color and depth)

I don't know a single person running quad in vista. Quad has been lacking drivers really badly.

I upgraded my 7950GX2's to an 8800 Ultra because I wanted this rig to get me through the rest of the year and I wanted to run DX10.

The support for the 7950GX2 is really terrible even on windows xp. I don't see it happen for vista or not anytime soon.

My SLI setup (two 7900GT's) only runs on XP Pro. I refuse to run it on Vista. My Vista machine is the one in my sig. Great for single cards, but for SLI (or dare I say quadSLI) it sux monkey b@11s. The performance is crap and for those of you with DX10 cards, forget about SLI support in Vista until the next drivers (hopefully). Granted, you can do DX9 and OpenGL SLI in Vista, but that's it. Woo.

Quad SLI seemed so promising when it came out. I feel REALLY bad for those who have two 7900GX2's, LOL. What beasts. They would probably blow up in Vista! :eek: :rolleyes:

BTW, just complaining about crappy SLI support on forums won't help fix the problem, let nvidia know that they need to support your product!

BTW, just complaining about crappy SLI support on forums won't help fix the problem, let nvidia know that they need to support your product!

And complaining to them will just get you some pre-written response. They obviously know about the situation.

And complaining to them will just get you some pre-written response. They obviously know about the situation.

I had so many issues with my 7950GX2 back in XP when it was released!

I keep considering SLI 8800GTXs but will probably hold off for G92s. In fact I'm already planning on SLI G92s so I can play DX10 Age of Conan 'the way it's meant to be played'. The thing that makes me a sad panda though is looking through the 'known issues' list in every new forceware release. There is pretty much a solid list of all the games you would want SLI for with comments like "no performance gain in SLI mode," or, "Crashes when enabling SLI mode" etc.

Even looking at the new 162 and 163 driver sets there are huge lists of SLI incompatibility issues in modern games and Vista. It's not speculation, it's right there in the driver release notes.

Those of you with quad sli and vista, have you tried the new MS DX10 patch for multiple cards? It worked for my Quadros in SLI, and they use the 7900GX2s bridge chip for an interconnect on my Precision.

Back