Avoid Connect3D - 30 days of emails, no response from RMA :(

urbanriot

Limp Gawd
Well, I figured I'd get the word out there that Connect3D offers zero post-sales technical support, and at the same time see if anyone has any suggestions on contacting their RMA department.

I'm a small town reseller and I'd sold a system a few months back with a Connect3D brand Radeon X1600 Pro some time in the winter and the card came back to me about a month ago giving off no video.

On April 7th I'd emailed [email protected] with plenty of information about the card and heard no response. I'd emailed again a few days later... still no response. On April 15th I emailed their support department at [email protected] - still no response. Then I emailed US sales and still no response. Then I emailed their global site and received an email back from [email protected] on April 17th that they forwarded my request, and to reply if I didn't hear from them - so I've sent two replies to this email address and still have yet to hear from anyone in their support department.

Anyone have any suggestions?

call them. i had the same problem. find their number and call them. i had my video card replaced and back in my hands within 2 days of calling.

try their head office in san jose, california.

You DID try calling them right?

*sigh*

No, I didn't try calling. Normally I don't get anywhere calling companies and I didn't even notice their support number. This will be the first company that I've ever had not respond via email.

Thanks guys, I'll call tomorrow and give an update... :)

You've probably been spam-filtered - I tried mailing Nintendo UK loads of times, turned out my mails looked like spam for some reason.

You've probably been spam-filtered - I tried mailing Nintendo UK loads of times, turned out my mails looked like spam for some reason.

No, that's not the case here... I DID manage to get a guy in UK that said he'd forward my case onto them so I should have received a pre-emptive email.

[H]Opterown;1030989388 said:
30 days and you didn't call them? :rolleyes

Well if I had called, smart guy, I'd have been told the number on their page is actually not Connect3D's but is instead ATI's phone number. And they do not offer warranty support on Connect3D cards and I was instructed to contact them via email.

So now I'm back at square one... going to try and locate a Connect3D sales number and see if they can help me.

I was able to track down 408-441-4632.

Selecting the RMA option leads to a voice mail stating that I must email the RMA department. So I tried the sales options... that leads to a voice mail stating to email the sales email address. All other options at this number lead to a message saying to email.

Anyone have any further advice? I'm stuck :(

when i called it rang a few times and a lady answered. i left a msg with her and within about 30 minutes a man called me named ashkhan doyan i think.. he set me up good. if i had the number i used id give it to you. i do remember going to their site and looking on the UK version, from there i got the california number... odd..

Try to find their corporate headquaters #. Meanwhile you can try to file a BBB and FTC complaint, you usually dont have to since Iv never had once where nothing was done even when I called their headquaters.

*sigh*

No, I didn't try calling. Normally I don't get anywhere calling companies and I didn't even notice their support number. This will be the first company that I've ever had not respond via email.

Oddly, for me its always been the total opposite. I email, email, and email and get no response. First time I call anywhere I get somewhere. I think most of those emails you see are typically generic and are checked by a secretary once or twice a year :).

emails dont count for jack in the world of business.

calling so you actually hear someones voice is much better and usually easier.

Yeah, definitely pickup the phone and reach out and touch someone.

Though with PNY that doesn't even necessarily work since they don't answer their phones and their voice mailbox was full and I couldn't leave a message for about 2 weeks. That was a fun ordeal.

PNY is my benchmark for bad tech support. :)

Maybe your business is different, but in the corporate world, email is everything. These days most professionals consider email to be tantamount to a signed and written request... the expectations for turnaround time to email responses is also slimming down and clients are starting to expect to receive responses within a business day.

But back to the issue at hand... I've called every single US Connect3D number I can find and all of them state for sales, support and RMA, you have to email. There is ZERO phone support for Connect3D. And I've also emailed every single publicly posted email address in a polite manner with all relevant information for my card, including UK head office email addresses, and I've not received a response.

So, regardless of whatever ideas people have regarding email and communications in our world today, this company ONLY supports RMA via email, and at that they don't respond.

Next step is to call UK headquarters... I'll do that when rates are cheapest, in case I'm on hold for extended periods. This is ridiculous.

calling so you actually hear someones voice is much better and usually easier.

What "world of business" are you in?

McDonald's doesn't count.

My suggestion is to go to the retailer. I RMA'd some RAM to NCIX and they sent me an email saying they sent some new RAM.

I had a Connect 3D X700 Pro that was on sale at Tigerdirect and must admit I thought it might have been defective (or it may have been my Asus K8N4-E Deluxe motherboard). In any case, I know the temperatures were insane (like 84'C).

When I spoke to ATI they didn't mention this, but it's possible. Do you know where you read that?

I Googled and found it--ironically, right here at [H] in this thread. Saw the title go by about a week ago, never clicked on it but the phrase stuck in my trivia-addled brain. Looks like it's currently unsubstantiated, but...

Back