Poll: 22 inchers

Which one of the following affordable 22 inchers is the best?

• Samsung's 226BW (S panel)

Votes: 22 42.3%
  • LG's L226WT

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • LG's L226WTQ

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • HP's W2207

Votes: 21 40.4%
  • Acer's AL2216WD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Acer's AL2216SD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BenQ's FP222WH

Votes: 4 7.7%

• Total voters

Aqualung

n00b
Well, let's do some polling, as opinions seem to be quite uniformly spread. What's the best affordable (i.e. TN panel) 22 inch monitor? (Okay, I included the ones I've narrowed my search to, but what the hey... :) )

[Edit] Sorry, the 6th option is actually supposed to be the AL2216WSD. It also goes w/o saying that I am looking at widescreeners. Moreover, I think Newegg sells the LG L226WT under the L226WTX name.

Whether it's affordable depends on how much money you have. Do you mean cheapest?

Why dont you go for a 24 inch display? Much better IMO

Ive tried finding a s panel 226wb here in aus with no luck there all bloody c panels lol. Lucky dell has $400 off its 2407wfp so im gonna go for that.

Whether it's affordable depends on how much money you have. Do you mean cheapest?
No, I mean TN panel (see my initial posting).
Why dont you go for a 24 inch display? Much better IMO
I want two monitors (I've been running a dual display setup for 5 years now, and I do not want to go back), but cannot afford two 24 inchers. Pricewise, two 22 inchers is in the same ballpark as one 24", however the desktop size is much bigger.

in aus :p its $400 aus off so its $999 aus lol. On the offical dell site.

i can't believe how good the HP is doing so far in this poll. damm thing has only been out for a few months. i too have a sammy, but have seen the new HP at bestbuy. and well i hate to say it. i voted for the HP. i sure wish i would have waited:(

p.s. i know i am new here. but would anyone like to trade me my sammy226wb for an HP?

I vote for the Gateway FPD2275W...

Yep, this one blows away everything that's out there, even some of the 24s. A major problem with buying monitors is that most of the big chains display them in a daisy chained setup to a single source under non native resolution. The pictures also are irrelevant, not representative of what we're looking for: characters, graphics, speed, contrast, color and brightness. They're a pathetic succession of marketing tools that serious buyers will never consider or contemplate as benchmarks for buying. This problem is mentioned, complainded about and debated throughout forums, but the chains are hardly taking them up. I don't know what we should or have to do to make them understand and wake them up from their dormant state. I think they just do not care.

I heard about the HP w2207 on this forum and how some people didn't enjoy the glossiness of the screen and others said it was wonderful. Now I'm no expert in LCD's but I know what I like in terms of colors and clarity.

I decided to go to Circuit City and check out both Samsung and HP since I was in the market for a widescreen LCD. Long story short they had both of them side by side hooked up through DVI on different HP systems and right off the bat I really enjoyed the HP more than the Samsung. I played with both and right then and there bought the HP. Never looked back since and I'm definately a happy customer.

Of course with all 22" that are TN the viewing angles could use alot of work on since I sometimes have other people over watching movies and you can tell how the colors change when viewing at different angles.

Either way good price for an exceptionally awesome screen.

i've asked this before, but what TN panel does the HP 22" use? is it a newer updated version of the TN panel from the samsung or the same one? (mind you the ms measurement for the HP is black-white and the samsung is grey to grey so i dont think the HP is necesarily a slower panel).

i've asked this before, but what TN panel does the HP 22" use? is it a newer updated version of the TN panel from the samsung or the same one? (mind you the ms measurement for the HP is black-white and the samsung is grey to grey so i dont think the HP is necesarily a slower panel).

i've seen this post before and to be honest i really don't know which TN panel is in the HP. and to be quite frank. i really don't care. the main thing is, that this panel rocks. so the short answer to your question would be>>>> "the best 22" TN panel is in it" how's that for an answer. just look at this poll. look how close the HP is as compaired to the sammy. now keep in mind that most of the peeps who voted for the sammy. haven't even seen the new HP. not to mention that the new HP has only been out for a very,very short period of time. i believe thier will be more peeps who will change thier minds once they have had a look at this new HP lcd. just as i did. and i am very glad i did change my mind.

i've seen this post before and to be honest i really don't know which TN panel is in the HP. and to be quite frank. i really don't care. the main thing is, that this panel rocks. so the short answer to your question would be>>>> "the best 22" TN panel is in it" how's that for an answer. just look at this poll. look how close the HP is as compaired to the sammy. now keep in mind that most of the peeps who voted for the sammy. haven't even seen the new HP. not to mention that the new HP has only been out for a very,very short period of time. i believe thier will be more peeps who will change thier minds once they have had a look at this new HP lcd. just as i did. and i am very glad i did change my mind.

then no that answer doesnt really help, since as you said, you dont care/know.

Back