Possible updates to the MacBook tomorrow?

Nothing to great about the update so far, but the apple store is down currently, so I am wondering why they take down the entire store just to update a few things. Unless of course more is coming?

I'm in the market for a Black MacBook. Before dropping $1500 on a new model, I'm scouring the earth for a good used or refurbished one.

I'm looking closely at that Black MacBook. Before dropping $1500, I'm scouring the earth for a good used or refurbished one.

Wait till Apple has some in their outlet. Same as new warranty. I've bought two Mac's that way and have had zero problems.

Looks like the apple store is up and running again.
Looks like only the macbooks were updated, still waiting for the MBPs to get there update.

Looks like the apple store is up and running again.
Looks like only the macbooks were updated, still waiting for the MBPs to get there update.

Yeah, same here. I'm going to nab a MBP as soon as they're updated (praying for a GPU upgrade).

Yeah, same here. I'm going to nab a MBP as soon as they're updated (praying for a GPU upgrade).

Exactly, I have my laptop from 06 that has a X1600 which I love greatly & can play most games, but I want a updated portable system with more GPU power. If they updated the graphics in the middle of C2D and Santa Rosa I probably would have made the purchase. :D

Yeah, where is the Santa Rosa chipset MacBooks!!!!! I was actually looking forward to buying a brand new one with the Intel 965 graphics chipset as it is supposed to be much more efficient and have graphics on par with the current X1600s. But if that does happen it will more than likely happen next year or only to specific models....

EDIT: Just read this article on the updates and it offers an interesting take to our questions about the new Santa Rosa chipset..

Back