Core 2 Duo E4300 + mobo = $99 1 day only

bbz_Ghost

2[H]4U
http://newspaperads.mercurynews.com/ROP/ads.aspx?advid=32664&adid=4538206&subid=16201806&type=

Fry's is king once again with this same crappy ECS mobo as usual with this deal, but even so, it's the lowest price evarrrr on an honest to goodness Core 2 Duo processor. Do the pad mod, have this puppy running at 2.4 GHz stock voltage with a 33% overclock, you're doing ok.

One day only, B&M stores. OEM processor only, not the retail boxed product, so if you don't have a HSF, get ready to cough up $30+ for a decent one.

Wow! Same deal in LA/OC: http://latimes.p2ionline.com/shoppi...12164513&type=cat&area=ROP&adid=1680745&pop=1

OEM processor only, not the retail boxed product, so if you don't have a HSF, get ready to cough up $30+ for a decent one.
I use one of these on my E4300 @ 3.15GHz: http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=C91968-001&cat=FAN It's the same as the cooler in the E4300 box, but I just had an extra one around from a previous geeks.com order.

geeks also has E6300 and E6600 boxed coolers (i'm sure they are exactly the same): http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=D60188-001&cat=FAN http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=C25697-001&cat=FAN

Yeah, it's throughout the whole chain, Fry's will honor it at other stores, but that online ad is the easiest one for me to check daily so that's the one I always use as an example. :)

I have the money to do it, but if I dood it, I'll be late with bills so once more I have to pass up a phenomenal offer and stick with my P4 2.4 box for a bit longer. :p

they show the cpu box in the ad. are you sure its oem only? thanks for posting, i may head over to the one in austin today.

It probably is OEM. Fry's was showing the same ad when the combo was $129 and that one had an OEM CPU. The last time the ECS/E4300 combo included a boxed CPU was when it was $149.

i have an xp-90 i'm using on my skt 478 p4, is there a conversion kit for skt 478 -> lga 775? i seem to recall my friend bought one once, and from fry's to boot.

That's a lower end heatsink (for a 04A platform CPU), and not the same as the one I linked above. I go to the All Electronics store sometimes and I don't understand how anyone could call that shack a "better place than Geeks." :p

Finally, this is what I've been waiting for to update the wife's Athlon 2400+. Thanks!

I just need to score a stock heatsink since it won't be overclocked any.

Anyone know of a good SFF deal floating around with a MOBO that'll work with the 4300?

Finally, this is what I've been waiting for to update the wife's Athlon 2400+. Thanks!

I just need to score a stock heatsink since it won't be overclocked any.

I have a Thermaltake 775D stock-like cooler i dont use. Shoot me 25$ and ill ship it out.

this should be the retail box processor......90% of the time when they show the box in the ad, it is retail box.

Crazy deals today:
Antec Solo case $25
Antec 350 Watt PSU $0
e4300 and mobo $100 OC to 2.4 ghz
2 gig ddr2 667 mhz $45
Kworld PVR TV tuner $0
maxtor 500 gig SATA $109

Total around $300 for a sick HTPC

Socrilles17, would you please tell me where I can find the Antec Solo for $25? That'd be awesome.

antec solo is $25 after $40 MIR at frys B&M. And PXC don't say things you don't know about its stupid, this has already been confirmed to be retail at multiple frys locations - Check the thread at fatwallet.com/forums

Yea, wish there was a Fry's in NY. They have great deals often. :*( Thanks for the info Socrilles17

And PXC don't say things you don't know about its stupid, this has already been confirmed to be retail at multiple frys locations - Check the thread at fatwallet.com/forums
Oh no, it was confirmed after I posted! Next time i'll try to be more psychic. :rolleyes:

If you actually read my post I used the qualifier "probably" due to the several previous times this exact same combo was advertised using the exact same picture and it included an OEM CPU. If you still don't get it, "probably" was used as a prediction based on the how this combo was advertised during the last several weeks: the boxed CPU was pictured, but the CPU included was OEM. Clear now?

pxc said:
It probably is OEM. Fry's was showing the same ad when the combo was $129 and that one had an OEM CPU. The last time the ECS/E4300 combo included a boxed CPU was when it was $149.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

My response was to this:

This is one of the 10% cases. It's bare. ;)

Call me blind but I see no qualifier in this statement, and actually here it seems you are stating with some certainty that it is OEM?
:( :(

My response to you prediction was:

"this should be the retail box processor......90% of the time when they show the box in the ad, it is retail box." I was only trying to correct your "prediction", and didn't have any problems with your "prediction" however when you state your "prediction" as fact I do have problems........

For those who are jumping on this deal, I recommend you get the Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro for $21 from ewiz.com. It's quiet-ish and cools pretty well.

It's $99 out the door (plus tax if you have that in your neck of the woods) and YES IT IS THE OEM BARE PROCESSOR. Believe me, I've gone several rounds with the peeps at the Fry's here in Las Vegas over that ad when they post it - showing the Retail box for the Core 2 Duo and then not selling the actual retail boxed processor.

Sorry, but it's strictly for the OEM - and if you find one salesperson that says "We're out of stock" even though he's messing with a computer, don't believe him. Several weeks ago when they had this deal for $129 I went in, found one guy that said they didn't have any left in stock (it's a combo so they have to have the processor and the mobo or it's a no go), and I was kinda pissed about it.

I looked around for a bit, was going to pick up a 300GB hard drive when I stopped another salesperson and told him I was pissed they were out of stock on the E4300 deal; he said "We're not, we have like 20 of 'em ready to go in the cage" and even went so far as to pull up the info on the same exact dumb terminal the other guy did and there were 20 in stock as of that moment.

I was tempted, but after being lied to for whatever reason or the first salesperson was just a fucktard, didn't matter. I passed on it knowing it would come down in price; sure enough, it did, but I still can't afford it right now even though I could get the CPU + mobo and some decent HSF for the same total price as a few weeks past.

Bleh... I hate being broke when the good deals come down the pike. :)

Another thing to watch out for: no one likes those ECS mobos they keep throwing in on this deal. Most people get them and dump 'em on eBay for $30-40 just to get rid of them. The downside to Fry's is that a lot of the time if you're not careful and paying attention you'll end up buying an item that's already been bought once, or multiple times. If you see that white sticker with black text on the box, drop it and keep looking for one that doesn't have it. That's the sticker they're required to put on products that have been returned - and sometimes they don't even do that, so...

With respect to buying almost anything computer hardware related from Fry's, heed the old dictum:

"Buyer beware... and read the labels, closely..." :)

bbz Thanks for speaking directly to the situation in Las Vegas. I was considering this if it was a retail unit. If its OEM then you've saved me a 60mile trip to that store.:)

Sigh... whenever they decide to build a Fry's in the NYC/Philly area...

I don't get it, 25 million people in the metro area and they don't have one store or outlet here!! :mad:

I would actually buy this if I didn't have to then go and buy an AGP graphics card. I know most of you are going to buy a different MB, but I don't really want to have a chip sitting at my house with no where to put it, it will drive me nuts. Oh and the onboard solution would drive me nuts too, cause I couldn't play any games.

then there are those of us who are choosing the cheap but slow upgrade process and using this board to support their old architecture aka DDR 3200, and AGP x800pros. Hope they still have one when i get off at 4.

Sigh... whenever they decide to build a Fry's in the NYC/Philly area...

I don't get it, 25 million people in the metro area and they don't have one store or outlet here!! :mad:
You have 6 million more people in the metro area than in the whole state? :p

Fry's is privately owned and they expand pretty slowly. The way they're pimping outpost.com (frys.com) it doesn't seem like they'll be in a hurry to build more physical stores soon. I <3 my local Fry's. I live less than 2 blocks from one and another is only a couple of miles from work.

Well I got the Last ECS combo at the Palo Alto Fry's (unless they have more mobos in the back).
The cheap kingston 2GB is gone form outpost too...

You have 6 million more people in the metro area than in the whole state? :p

Fry's is privately owned and they expand pretty slowly. The way they're pimping outpost.com (frys.com) it doesn't seem like they'll be in a hurry to build more physical stores soon. I <3 my local Fry's. I live less than 2 blocks from one and another is only a couple of miles from work.

Ok, I was wrong, I just threw a number out. :p

But still! This is 18 million people!

Come on Fry's - you know you want to build one in that green area (Jersey shore please - all the New Yorkers come down here on summer weekends anyway :))

Ok, I was wrong, I just threw a number out. :p

But still! This is 18 million people!

Come on Fry's - you know you want to build one in that green area (Jersey shore please - all the New Yorkers come down here on summer weekends anyway :))
Yes, a Fry's in the New york metro would be my second home.

Hoping for one in north jersey/bergen county though :p, and not on the jersey shore since clamdiggers really aren't into computers anyway :D :p j/k

Sry for veering further off topic/

Back