Smokin'? Fry's- Seagate 750GB SATAII $200 now

I'm tempted to switch to this instead of my two 500GB Seagates I just paid $250 for. This deal is hot.

This is not bad at all... so tempted.

I'm tempted to switch to this instead of my two 500GB Seagates I just paid $250 for. This deal is hot.

Either that or this is the best deal going at the moment to back up your dual 500s.;)

Either that or this is the best deal going at the moment to back up your dual 500s.;)

Heh, 1TB is already more than I need, I can't rationalize another 750. I do need to get something for backup though, two 500s in RAID0 without a backup drive is asking for trouble.

This is going to be sooo easy to talk parents into. I suggested RAID for backing up video/pictures/large files, and one of their drives died.

/me itches to order 3 750s and RAID 5 and expand, expand expand...

Even better: The IDE version of the 750GB drive is only 189 with free shipping as well.

This deal was available in-store in the DFW area this weekend and I caved in. Thx, OP.

-q

Even better: The IDE version of the 750GB drive is only 189 with free shipping as well.

Looks like it might be time to do the terminal upgrade for my Series 2 TiVo. I wouldn't hold my breath for 1TB drives to drop to a reasonable $/GB any time soon, so 750 is a fine capacity to leave it with. :)

I'm very tempted to consolidate some of my older drives to this one... must resist the credit card...

Seems like the $99 for the 500GB is a better deal price/GB (if they happen to be rebadged Seagate 7200.10s). But there is always a premium for bigger drives.

Back