No threads on the PSP to PC Monitor using a USB cable? I know i'm not the only one

qbert3

[H]ard|Gawd
going crazy here. I've been playing Tekken 5 DR on the psp with a joystick and the image being displayed on my PC monitor for hours now. It looks GREAT, no lag on the image and no lag on the joystick.

Heres a video I threw together.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=s74HXVkLNsI

List of what I used:
- PSP (Custom firmware 3.40 Dark_Alex)
- RemotejoySDLGUI (link)
- USB Cable
- Total Game Control (to map the joystick/buttons to the keyboard)
- Namco PS2 Arcade Joystick

...hmmm, I might actually finish some of the PSP RPGs and whatnot I've started playing. Got a link/names of the tools involved? :p

That is pretty cool. Can we use any controller or does it have to be a specific joystick?

that is awesome. i havent really had any interest in psp but nice to see something different.
Keep it up

PS2 pad would work? Kick-ass, I'll have to try that. Got a link/names of the stuff you used?

going crazy here. I've been playing Tekken 5 DR on the psp with a joystick and the image being displayed on my PC monitor for hours now. It looks GREAT, no lag on the image and no lag on the joystick.

List of what I used:
- PSP (Firmware 3.40 Dark_Alex)
- RemotejoySDLGUI (link)
- USB Cable

Gave it a shot with my psp and the screen lags to hell. I get 1.5 to 2fps and all my games lock up when i try to load a saved game. Shame as i fancied playing Burnout Dominator on the big screen.

How can you get it to fill up the entire monitor? On fullscreen, it only shows on the center of my monitor. Also, sometimes the video decides to stop for some reason and I have to close the fullscreen window and reopen it to get it running again. Any ideas? Other than that, this has been really awesome. Thanks for the heads up qbert3!

Gave it a shot with my psp and the screen lags to hell. I get 1.5 to 2fps and all my games lock up when i try to load a saved game. Shame as i fancied playing Burnout Dominator on the big screen.

Are you using a USB 2.0 cable?

How can you get it to fill up the entire monitor? On fullscreen, it only shows on the center of my monitor. Also, sometimes the video decides to stop for some reason and I have to close the fullscreen window and reopen it to get it running again. Any ideas? Other than that, this has been really awesome. Thanks for the heads up qbert3!

Are you using a USB 2.0 cable?

Um...you do realize that a USB 1.1 cable will work at 2.0 speeds correct? Way to fall for marketing hype. :rolleyes:

So after using it for a while now and listening to multiple peoples experiences with it I can tell that your system specs have a huge impact on how well this works.

I have a lot of friends that tell me they get 30 FPS max on tekken. My framerate for tekken was a solid 60. On the otherhand I could only get GTA Liberty stories to run at 8FPS max.

As for using a ps2 pad, using the plugins that come with RemotejoySDL, you get keyboard support for the psp, here are the controls. its up to you on how to map the ps2 pad to the keyboard (as I stated in the original post, I used total game control)

DPad - Arrow keys.

a = SQUARE
s = TRIANGLE
z = CROSS
x = CIRCLE
q = LTRIGGER
w = RTRIGGER

Return = START
Space = SELECT
y = HOME
u = VOLDOWN
i = VOLUP
o = SCREEN
p = NOTE

my friend did that with a projector, i tried to do it but i needed a custom firmware. i was at version 3.03 and i tried to get down to 1.5 so i could get to 3.10 by dark_Alex only problem was i didnt have GTA: SA :'(

-edit- did u manage to get mouse support?

I dont believe it is possible to get mouse support with this. Possibly you could map the buttons of a mouse, but as for the movement? ... I really dont think so.

Someone told me that they overclocked their psp to 300-333MHZ and they jumped from 40FPS to 60FPS in teken. Might want to give it a try if you care.

do it at your own risk ;p

Is the audio coming out of the psp or your computer speakers when you do this? pretty badass though.

Someone told me that they overclocked their psp to 300-333MHZ and they jumped from 40FPS to 60FPS in teken. Might want to give it a try if you care.

do it at your own risk ;p

It really isn't overclocking since that is what the PSP is rated at. I always run anything in my PSP at 333mhz.

It really isn't overclocking since that is what the PSP is rated at. I always run anything in my PSP at 333mhz.

Really? I only run mine at 266mhz for UMD games, and 333mhz for emulators. I thought high clock drain your battery faster?

Really? I only run mine at 266mhz for UMD games, and 333mhz for emulators. I thought high clock drain your battery faster?

Some UMD games only work with 266mhz (think only two though), the rest are fine with 333mhz. It does drain your battery quicker but I always have a spot to recharge within reach.

Is the audio coming out of the psp or your computer speakers when you do this? pretty badass though.

its coming from the psp, although it wouldnt be difficult to have the sound coming from my speakers. A simple line going from the psp to the microphone port would fix that.

its coming from the psp, although it wouldnt be difficult to have the sound coming from my speakers. A simple line going from the psp to the microphone port would fix that.

Damn. Would be nice to keep wires down to a minimum, id be interested in playing djmax on my monitor, but that game is pretty much designed with the psp controls in mind, so all those wires would get in the way. :X

Ahh I can't get this to work in games.

I got it to work with just the xmb, but not with games. I placed the plugins in rootdir:seplugins and I enabled them in the recovery menu. What else do I need to do?

List of what I used:
- PSP (Custom firmware 3.40 Dark_Alex)
- RemotejoySDLGUI (link)
- USB Cable

That is nice man but guess what. My Asuka would rape your Paul Phoenix :p

Seriously thats nice do you use devhook to load the firmware?

Why does all this stuff have to come out on homebrew? I wish Sony would just give up an open the damn psp up. Too many revisions and eloaders for me to study and research for me to play on my psp.

Why does all this stuff have to come out on homebrew? I wish Sony would just give up an open the damn psp up. Too many revisions and eloaders for me to study and research for me to play on my psp.

Downgrade to v1.5 then update to 3.40OE-A... done. :) No devhook or eloaders needed.

Ahh I can't get this to work in games.

I got it to work with just the xmb, but not with games. I placed the plugins in rootdir:seplugins and I enabled them in the recovery menu. What else do I need to do?

With all the plugins enabled, start up a game with the USB cable plugged in, then in the Remotejoy program, click on Start USBHostfs, then click on either windowed or fullscreen and press F3 if no picture comes up. That should just about fix it.

That is nice man but guess what. My Asuka would rape your Paul Phoenix :p

Seriously thats nice do you use devhook to load the firmware?

Actually, I dont play paul. I play Eddy/Feng/Jin.

With all the plugins enabled, start up a game with the USB cable plugged in, then in the Remotejoy program, click on Start USBHostfs, then click on either windowed or fullscreen and press F3 if no picture comes up. That should just about fix it.

that sounds about right and make sure your following the instructions exact. There is a specific portion in the instructions about running games. Also, not all games are compatble, keep that in mind.

Downgrade to v1.5 then update to 3.40OE-A... done. :) No devhook or eloaders needed.

I tried that once and just trying to find all these updates was a pain in the ass. Maybe I will give it shot, I guess if I brick it, it would give me an excuse to take apart my psp and use the screen for something. I havent really touched my psp since I left Iraq in 06'.

I got all the updates from psp-hacks.com, pretty simple page to navigate and get what you need quickly.

Back