New NFS Trailer!!!!!

I hope they have better support for the MS Wheel on the 360 for this one.

Man! this game is going to be awesome. I was just talking with a friend about how it would be cool if they like mixed some elements of Burnout with the NFS series...races will be tougher thats for sure!

Hopefully because of damage modeling they are going back to the roots of the NFS games and stopping the crap since they intro'd Underground.

Hopefully because of damage modeling they are going back to the roots of the NFS games and stopping the crap since they intro'd Underground.

NFS Porsche Unleash FTW!!!! :D

I liked it because it not too hardcore sim like GTR or too arcadey, just the right balance.

I hope they have fixed the "Nvidia Shader Bug" problem. On my 512MB 7950GT, I couldn't enable medium or high shaders without the framerate going into the toilet. That and the random crashes to desktop as well really pissed me off.

Oh God yes. I loved Most Wanted and Carbon. Damage modelling is a most welcome addition!

Seriously they should stop making those already. Each year is worse and worse.

i still have porsche unleased...damn that game was fun, by a large margin, the bext inventory, economy, and mix of gameplay as of yet, in the entire series. I still own it, and would love to have it run on my current rig (see specs). Hell, I might even throw together a system, a la retro build, and hook my g25 wheel into it to play it through again, now that i think about it.

I've played it on XP, too. It's been a while, though...I'll try reinstalling it again when I get home.

Damn EA. I see they are still on the Fast & Furious thing. Ugh.. ok Underground was ok... Underground 2 was a PITA.. Most Wanted was better and I never bothered with Carbon (most people said MW was way better).

I want my Hot Pursuit 3 damnit!!! Hot Pursuit 2 for the PS2 was the last truely great NFS game. They need to get back to their roots. Super Cars.

Seriously they should stop making those already. Each year is worse and worse.

But EA still makes money off the game since its a well known game. As long as people still buy them, EA is still going to make them, not caring what the quality of the game is like.

I mean its taking less then a year to design these games and spitting them out to the public, and EA still thinks its a quality game :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

GTHD (Gametrailers HD Trailer not Grand Turismo HD Trailer) Trailer inside,
http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=4873

about time they add damage to these games, and I hope they fix that stupid auto braking thing, but it looks awesome, release date is 5-31-07 which is even sweeter :D.
5-31-07 as in 9 days from now? No way...I'll eat my underwear on streaming webcam if this unnamed game releases in 9 days with only a short teaser for hype. The date is probably when they'll make the "official' announcement. Personally, I think they're cranking these things out too quickly and it really showed with Carbon:rolleyes:

But EA still makes money off the game since its a well known game. As long as people still buy them, EA is still going to make them, not caring what the quality of the game is like.

Alright, look, I strongly oppose EA's business habits. Probably more than your average EA basher. I agree that they recycle a lot of stuff and re-release shit games, year after year. Especially sports titles. NFS is not one of them. The NFS development has talent. If you think Most Wanted was a shit game, you're in the minority. Most Wanted is a lot of peoples', including my own, favorite arcade racer.

Carbon, while not as good as Most Wanted overall, is my favorite racer to jump in and play for 20 minutes and stop. I love the handling on the Corvette Z06. To me, it is pure gaming bliss to actively seek out the cops in Carbon and to see how long I can stay on the run from them. Also, the Pursuit Knockout multiplayer mode is some of the best fun to be had online. Carbon has its place.

People are entitled to their opinions, but the NFS series is not a series that you see scoring low in reviews, and for good reason. One thing I'll definately agree with, is that they need to drop the Fast and the Furious shit. I don't go for drifting nonsense. I like the gameplay.

EA can probably allocate the resources from Burnout into this game as far as the damage modeling goes. Do not be surprises if the two bear a resemblence. My problem is time after time EA puts out these trailers that look amazing and yet the game graphics and game speed falls short.

You guys are all hippies. My two favorite NFS games have been Hot Pursuit 2 and the first Underground but I admit Most Wanted and Carbon have been fun online at times. Like when I win...other than that, not so much...

You guys are all hippies. My two favorite NFS games have been Hot Pursuit 2 and the first Underground but I admit Most Wanted and Carbon have been fun online at times. Like when I win...other than that, not so much...

I'm not sure that i share your sentiment, at all. I respect your opinion, but I LOVE LOSING :D I liked the tournaments in NFS:UG2 the best, but I liked the Ferarri's out of the 3rd one the best...maybe it was HP (can't recall). Favorite NFS car of all time: Italdesign Schigera. Put that in your smoke and pipe it. (that was intentional)

Yup, the Italdesign Schigera was in NFS 3: Hot Pursuit. Best of the series. It's been going downhill since then.

NFS:MW was pretty damn good, the cop chases were intense. Carbon was OK but inherently less fun than Most Wanted for some reason.

A good damage system would be a welcome addition to the series if they can keep the gameplay upto scratch, if you want something similar to tide you by until it's released get a copy of Flatout 2, in fact I think it's on steam now for cheap.

Car damage is very good, everything from minor dents and cracked windows to full on destruction derby crippled with only 3 wheels left. Plus the addition of literally thousnads of physics enabled objects per track makes this a lot of fun, I'm playing it through again for the 3rd time now and I'm not even really a fan of racing games! Also great for LAN's we had a lot of the derby smash em ups with all the cars turned on and had a blast, school bus for the win :D

NFS:MW was pretty damn good, the cop chases were intense. Carbon was OK but inherently less fun than Most Wanted for some reason.

A good damage system would be a welcome addition to the series if they can keep the gameplay upto scratch, if you want something similar to tide you by until it's released get a copy of Flatout 2, in fact I think it's on steam now for cheap.

Car damage is very good, everything from minor dents and cracked windows to full on destruction derby crippled with only 3 wheels left. Plus the addition of literally thousnads of physics enabled objects per track makes this a lot of fun, I'm playing it through again for the 3rd time now and I'm not even really a fan of racing games! Also great for LAN's we had a lot of the derby smash em ups with all the cars turned on and had a blast, school bus for the win :D

You never drove a real car, aren't you ?

Most wanted had the most UNREALISTIC driving of the whole series.

OK ok ... maybe CARBON was worst...

I am planning on playing Flatout 2 at our next LAN, this coming Memorial Day. Anyways...what ever happened to the exotics? Maybe too expensive to license? I second the sentiment that all of this "Fast and Furious" style gameplay is getting old. It was nice to have the change (when they did go to it) for UG and UG2, but it should have ended there...and it hasn't. I want it to return to exotics...not muscle cars and rice rockets. Oh, and for the record....audi is not exotic, neither is bmw, etc.

NFS Most Wanted is/was pretty much my favorite car racing game ever. Carbon ruined that.
I hope they can make up for the Carbon mistake with this one.

You never drove a real car, aren't you ?

Most wanted had the most UNREALISTIC driving of the whole series.

OK ok ... maybe CARBON was worst...

Uh no, I don't drive actually, but I don't think that has anything to do with it, I'm not after a driving simulator I'm after an arcade driving game.

I am planning on playing Flatout 2 at our next LAN, this coming Memorial Day.

You'll have a hoot with that one, set the car selection to all and go on a destruction derby and all take the "Flat mobile" basically a spin on the Bat mobile but insanely fast with massive acceleration, you might as well be on a jet engines on wheels, the crashes are spectacular :D

Yup, the Italdesign Schigera was in NFS 3: Hot Pursuit. Best of the series. It's been going downhill since then.

Oh, yeah. Not to mention the Italdesign Cala and Lamborghini Countach were fun to ride too. Lol, remember the El Nino cheat car...

Agreed. NFS:MW was probably the best of the recent NFS games. It was also the hardest, since it punished you for the slightest mistake during the race.

NFS:Carbon annoyed me because actually took out features from the previous games, like advanced tuning and LAN play! The only cool addition to NFS:Carbon was the Initial D style cliff racing.

I definitely won't be buying NFS 2008 if LAN play is still out.

I think it looks good. I'll certainly give it a try when it comes out.

I've liked most of the NFS series (except carbon). I think Most Wanted was the best one.

I'm still holding out hope for a Porsche Unleashed sequel (or even "Ferrari Unleashed" :cool: ) but I see EA getting further and further away from such a game. I have no doubt they have the resources and manpower to produce such a game that stays true to the history of the cars/carmaker....but I'm thinking it will have to be another company that takes a commercial risk (won't appeal as much to console kiddies) and makes such a game.:(

edit- Carbon shows the steady decline of the series and doesn't bode well for the future...if they stick to their "release a NFS game every fall" schedule then we will just get rehashes over and over.

it would seem that all except for the younger crowd (read, those that have followed the entire series) want it to return to its roots...the high end exotic racer that it once was. A corvette is likely to be in most people's budget, at some point in life. I want to drive the ones in the game that I will likely never be able to afford. This series has declined the same way that the Rainbow Six series has, IMO. Everyone that has raved about Rainbow six, since Raven Shield, heralding it as the best thing since sliced bread...you have no idea where it started...and you're probably playing it on your 360. Ok, that may have been offensive to some...not my intent. The series (both of them) started in very different places from where we are now. I can't help but feel that graphics upgrades and console development has created a wider target audience for the developers to try and snare (afterall, it's all about money...not my fault, not yours). However, this has lead to the developers going for the largest possible install base, which of course, includes consoles. That's fine...make them for consoles too, hell...let us game on PC versus console players...I'm all for that too. But, You've gotten away from what mde you popular to begin with, and in the process...you've alienated the fans that continue to buy the games in the series that they love. We buy them because while we still enjoy the games, we hold out hope that you'll pull your heads out of your asses and give us what we crave...sometimes not changing the formula, and more of the same is a good thing. EA is the largest violator of this rule, and I find myself becoming more and more frustrated with each passing release.

I wish they'd do a Lamborghini Unleashed like Porsche Unleashed. I have absolutely hated everything after NFS5, ricing isn't for me and six was just an awful bastardization of 3/4. I really miss the open road tracks and sexy exotics. :(

I wish they'd do a Lamborghini Unleashed like Porsche Unleashed. I have absolutely hated everything after NFS5, ricing isn't for me and six was just an awful bastardization of 3/4. I really miss the open road tracks and sexy exotics. :(
QFT
But unfortunately, like the above poster said, every 9-15 year old console kiddy remembers thinking Vin Diesel was cool in Fast and the Furious, and dreams to be a drift racer in a souped up Civic.

On a PC based forum, though, there will be enough people that played the original NFS gmes that will yearn for a return to the roots. Unfortunately, the dollar speaks, and aformentioned console kiddies will keep buying NFS 2008:Rice in the Ass for their Xbox 360s at $60 per pop.

QFT
But unfortunately, like the above poster said, every 9-15 year old console kiddy remembers thinking Vin Diesel was cool in Fast and the Furious, and dreams to be a drift racer in a souped up Civic.

On a PC based forum, though, there will be enough people that played the original NFS gmes that will yearn for a return to the roots. Unfortunately, the dollar speaks, and aformentioned console kiddies will keep buying NFS 2008:Rice in the Ass for their Xbox 360s at $60 per pop.
The sad thing is that many of us oldtimers (25+) will also buy the latest NFS game just because it's NFS. Makes the situation even worse and unlikely to ever change.:(

The sad thing is that many of us oldtimers (25+) will also buy the latest NFS game just because it's NFS. Makes the situation even worse and unlikely to ever change.:(

heh...me included...as i previously stated

Back