Two Worlds is the best computer game/RPG I've played in some time

cerebrex

[H]ard|Gawd
Yes, I've made the blanket statement. I've been playing the beta for a while now, and it's amazing. The game is entertaining, well organized, easy to pick up, and hard to put down. I just happened to get a mail on testing it, but I've seen it up on a few questionable distribution methods as well. I encourage anyone interested in RPG's (I've never liked them, until now) or good PC games in general to give it a shot and keep their eye on the game. It's been quite some time that I've come across a game as entertaining as this, and I'd definately hope others would care to share their opinion.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/18927.html
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21152.html
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/16577.html

Demo:
http://www.fileshack.com/file.x/11009/Two+Worlds+Demo

I'm eagerly awaiting this game's release in the US. It looks to have many elements that I look for in an RPG.

Have you any experience with the multiplayer yet? I read that it was going to use one person’s PC as the ‘server’, and progress would be saved there. If that’s true, it seems pretty cheesy. It’s fine I suppose if you have a few close friends that play regularly but, even then, what if that one person isn’t on?

Have you any experience with the multiplayer yet? I read that it was going to use one person’s PC as the ‘server’, and progress would be saved there. If that’s true, it seems pretty cheesy. It’s fine I suppose if you have a few close friends that play regularly but, even then, what if that one person isn’t on?

Now, don't quote me on this... but I *believe* the master server is only privately tested. The LAN games, and closed circle net games (8 players) elect a leader - which pretty much runs as the individual server storing all the world info for all players. Now, when you join onto the master server, you will need to have your leader present to gain all of your advancements, once the leader has uploaded them to the master server you are free to play with all your advances... however any gaming off the master server (LAN games, etc..) will be unknown until the leader reconnects to the master server.. it's really confusing, but to my understanding basically any off-net gaming done needs to be updated by the leader to the master server for other players to benefit outside of those games. The game is yet to be released, and I'm operating on a beta myself... I can play games with 8 other people, but not on the master server.. so I'm a bit uncertain how it will pan out.

It looks really awesome. I just spent a few minutes browsing around their website and I must say, I'm pretty excited for this game. In fact, I haven't heard about it until now! I've been waiting for a good RPG to come out seeing that I'm getting worn out on Oblivion and I'm looking for another game to really delve into. Glancing at the features it seems like there is a mixture of elements from Oblivion and KOTOR (both games I've spent lots of time with) as well as other standard RPG elements. Any ideas when we might see a demo?

It looks really awesome. I just spent a few minutes browsing around their website and I must say, I'm pretty excited for this game. In fact, I haven't heard about it until now! I've been waiting for a good RPG to come out seeing that I'm getting worn out on Oblivion and I'm looking for another game to really delve into. Glancing at the features it seems like there is a mixture of elements from Oblivion and KOTOR (both games I've spent lots of time with) as well as other standard RPG elements. Any ideas when we might see a demo?

like I said some unscrupulous "distribution methods" have the full beta available. But, full game release is at the end of june, and like many games recently, the demo follows the release.

heres some screens to peak your interest:

030306121041TwoWorlds03_800.jpg

030306121136TwoWorlds04_800.jpg

I've been following this game for awhile now. I had a chance to play through a little bit of the version that was released overseas.

The gameplay seems decent enough, but the graphics seem really outdated. I'm not sure if it's settings or the version i'm playing or what...

The screens posted above look really good, but for some reason it doesn't look that good in game. If anyone else has some experience playing this game, please chime in :)

I've been following this game for awhile now. I had a chance to play through a little bit of the version that was released overseas.

The gameplay seems decent enough, but the graphics seem really outdated. I'm not sure if it's settings or the version i'm playing or what...

The screens posted above look really good, but for some reason it doesn't look that good in game. If anyone else has some experience playing this game, please chime in :)

lol Pacer, must be you copy or something. It is beautiful/stunning on my system... the HDR processing needs to have a few more passes as it appears slightly pixelated in gameplay.. but I believe that was a performance optimization they sacrificed.

I remember hearing about this awhile ago... it has a full single player mode in addition to the multiplayer mode, correct? For some reason, I thought this would be like Guild Wars, with hubs full of people, mostly an online game... I suppose I was wrong.

If this really is a huge single player RPG like Oblivion, along with a seperate multiplayer mode, I'm definitely excited.

I remember hearing about this awhile ago... it has a full single player mode in addition to the multiplayer mode, correct? For some reason, I thought this would be like Guild Wars, with hubs full of people, mostly an online game... I suppose I was wrong.

If this really is a huge single player RPG like Oblivion, along with a seperate multiplayer mode, I'm definitely excited.

it is, and it is. I've been playing the single player for a week now... it's very entertaining... the monsters/enemies seem to increase in difficulty/strength as you do...when I was a level 1 I could outrun everything... but now @ level 34 sometimes I'm forced to fight. but it's real innovative as the meagar beings still exist as well.

it is, and it is. I've been playing the single player for a week now... it's very entertaining... the monsters/enemies seem to increase in difficulty/strength as you do... but it's real innovative as the meagar beings still exist as well.

I'm definitely sold then... I love Oblivion and this just seems to be a natural progression of that.

It's a shame it doesn't hit until July :(

cerebrex,

What screen resolution and settings (AA / AF and such) are you running to get those screenshots? Or are those just off a webpage? I don't recall my version looking that good either. I'm just curious being I'll need to do some tweaking of my settings as well to try and match that.

I will agree that the Single Player campain so far is very much like Oblivion. Although I do like the melee combat on Oblivion much more.

I'm definitely sold then... I love Oblivion and this just seems to be a natural progression of that.

It's a shame it doesn't hit until July :(

In my beta experience there are some bugs still.. I'm ridiculously overclocked so I've had 2 crashes - both I believe to be NB related... I was able to identify some balancing bugs, and a insane alchemy bug.... but the alchemy system will knock your socks off... you can create just about anything you could dream of... but you have to figure it out yourself and add things to your cookbook.

be prepared to spend days collecting flowers and mushrooms when you first start :).

What screen resolution are you running to get those screenshots? Or are those just off a webpage? I don't recall my version looking that good either. I'm just curious being I'll need to do some tweaking of my settings as well to try and match that.

that came off their page... however I WILL take some shots for you tonight off my system just to show you they are not doctored.

This game looks pretty sweet. I'll defiantly buy it when it comes out, which looks to be July 17th.

Yea, I'm not trying to say the graphics are horrible... just don't look as well as i thought they would on my system. I run a 1920x1080 res with an E6600 and 8800gtx (all settings turned to max), and it just looks OK.

I know graphics aren't everything in a game, but it sure does help when they are top notch. So far, the gameplay is pretty good, i've only completed the first few quests. I suppose this game is supposed to shine in MP when you get to play with some buddies. But so far, i wouldn't say it is better than Oblivion :)

looks like the pc version is already out in germany:

May 9, 2007 (PC version in Germany)[1]
July 17, 2007 (PC and Xbox 360 in US, UK, AUS)[2]

from wikipedia.

Thanks cerebrex,

I'm not saying they're doctored. Hell i want my game to look that good so that it'll be more enjoyable. I'll try playing with my video cards settings in windows rather then using the settings in the actual game to see if that helps. :D

Yeah the alchemy is one of the better parts of the game. Having the cook book together with it is an awesome setup.

Obviously your post screenshots and the settings would be awesome too for comparison. I've got everything maxed (1680 x 1050, 6x AA, all high) on my x1900xtx and the game still runs like its on 1024x768 (obviously i can see the resolution difference).

looks like the pc version is already out in germany:

May 9, 2007 (PC version in Germany)[1]
July 17, 2007 (PC and Xbox 360 in US, UK, AUS)[2]

from wikipedia.

Yea, sucks that there is a delay.

Got a feeling they delayed the PC one to release it together with the 360 one... they should just release the PC one now, since it's obviously already done.

I wonder if the German release is in full english?

Yea, sucks that there is a delay.

Got a feeling they delayed the PC one to release it together with the 360 one... they should just release the PC one now, since it's obviously already done.

I wonder if the German release is in full english?

You wouldn't want to play it now anyways. They released @ v1.1 and currently are at v1.3 - if you started a game when it was released, you now have to restart... so trust me.. it would suck... I'm waiting for the retail release to be my one and only restart.

You wouldn't want to play it now anyways. They released @ v1.1 and currently are at v1.3 - if you started a game when it was released, you now have to restart... so trust me.. it would suck... I'm waiting for the retail release to be my one and only restart.

So how did Germany come to be the beta tester, German made game?

So how did Germany come to be the beta tester, German made game?

my mistake, lol! I was referring to the beta copy I have had... There are parallels with the german testers. The retail version I was speaking to is as of yet unreleased in the US. I was assuming you were speaking about the beta copy, and not the german retail (which I would presume is v1.3, or 1.0 final - whatever nomenclature they chose).

Wow, now that game looks pretty sweet. Found some trailers and gameplay on YouTube but nothing spectacular. I want to see if you can really fight with those dual weild spinning motions. If that is true, well I will definitely be making some sort of warrior or swordfighter class:D

looks good, was hoping for better multiplayer options, wouldnt even mind paying monthly if it's done well.

Sorry it took so long... was overclocking my system and it got a little hairy. Also, I had to upgrade to a new beta version and I lost my save game, so I took shots of the very beginning... nothing spectacular to look at as far as characters go, but you can see the visuals well.

TwoWorlds_001.jpg

TwoWorlds_002.jpg

TwoWorlds_003.jpg

compare detail to oblivion:
oblivion4.jpg

Please post some more screens!

To the guy who said he didn't like the combat as much as Oblivion, what is the combat like. Oblivions was fairly simple really. I liked Dark Messiah's more (but everything else sucked).

Those screens are definately nice! Not in the class of Oblivion, I don't think, but for a true RPG they look pretty fantastic. The environments in particular look very immersive...

Those screens are definately nice! Not in the class of Oblivion, I don't think, but for a true RPG they look pretty fantastic. The environments in particular look very immersive...

I'm still on the fence on which looks better... they both do something better than the other. IMHO Oblivion lacks detail at close range, where 2W looks better... also.. no load times.. that's nice. 2W definately runs much better with comparible, or possible better looking graphics. I average between 40-60fps.. my only complaint is the HDR runs at a low pass.

I'm still on the fence on which looks better... they both do something better than the other. IMHO Oblivion lacks detail at close range, where 2W looks better... also.. no load times.. that's nice. 2W definately runs much better with comparible, or possible better looking graphics. I average between 40-60fps.. my only complaint is the HDR runs at a low pass.

Good call. You have first-hand experience with the game while I'm just looking at screenies. I was just speculating on what what I saw but now that you added an Oblivion screenshot, I'd agree and say they look pretty close.

I've just started hearing about this game in the last few days but it looks pretty interesting. I know you've been playing the beta, and betas by definition are buggy, but how stable has it been? I don't want to buy the game, get 50 hours in, then hit a game stopping bug or have them put out a patch that requires starting a new game if you want to install it.

I've just started hearing about this game in the last few days but it looks pretty interesting. I know you've been playing the beta, and betas by definition are buggy, but how stable has it been? I don't want to buy the game, get 50 hours in, then hit a game stopping bug or have them put out a patch that requires starting a new game if you want to install it.

I've had a few crashes... the latest completely erased my savegames.. don't know what the hell happened with that... but they were all bluescreens relating to my video card being overclocked too high. All of my crashes can be blamed on my overclock most likely.. however only one was a pain in the ass. V1.0 was playable - the only bugs were some item stacking problems, an alchemy/trading exploit, and a few minor event bugs. The one issue that got on my nerves was commiting a crime in a city and the whole city is after you... forever. You couldn't ever return to it... apparently it wasn't a feature.. Currently there have been 2 additional versions since - 1.2 & 1.3 - tonight my job is to test that extensively so I'll report back. But, outside of that the game is pretty solid and I would not expect any additional patches relating to single player, multiplayer will show through when the community is formed.

two-worlds-20070102011746008.jpg

The horse is also a little buggy - they are working on making it more fluid between incline changes... horse is stubborn sometimes.

what are your system specs (stock and oc'd) and what are the recommendations of the gam?. This looks pretty good and if it offers single and multiplayer then I see it as a win-win situation. If they are able to do the weapons motion mapping that one of the videos on YouTube showed then this will have very unique and interesting combat.

what are your system specs (stock and oc'd) and what are the recommendations of the gam?. This looks pretty good and if it offers single and multiplayer then I see it as a win-win situation. If they are able to do the weapons motion mapping that one of the videos on YouTube showed then this will have very unique and interesting combat.

E6600 @ 3.4GHz on water
2GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2-1000
Geforce 8800GTS @ 620/900
DFI Infinity P965-S Dark motherboard
Windows Vista

the game runs fine - between 35-60fps sometimes drops lower if I'm surrounded by a city, or in a big fight in a cornfield/tall grass.

E6600 @ 3.4GHz on water
2GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2-1000
Geforce 8800GTS @ 620/900
DFI Infinity P965-S Dark motherboard
Windows Vista

the game runs fine - between 35-60fps sometimes drops lower if I'm surrounded by a city, or in a big fight in a cornfield/tall grass.

wow if your system is getting 35-60fps, then this thing would bring my system to it's knees like a cheap taiwanese hooker:D

Back