Custom ATI Radeon HD2900XT 825Mhz/ 2100Mhz 1GB DDR4

killabitz

n00b
Extreme-PC.ca is one of the local computer stores in my tri-city area and when I read that they had their own world record setting video card I was amazed!

XPC-HD2900XT-1GB-DDR4.1.jpg

Extreme-PC ATI Radeon HD2900XT:

Core Speed: 825Mhz
Memory: 1GB 2100Mhz DDR4

Two of these babies running would be ungodly fps! It's definitely targeted to hardcore gamers with hardcore budgets. Even though I don't fit in that category I want one really bad haha!

Extreme-PC quote:

“We are very proud to introduce our own EXCLUSIVE CANADIAN SI High Performance Gaming GPU - The HD2900XT 1GB DDR4 SPEC. We’re not just slapping our own brand on the card either.As our business name implies, we’re all about EXTREME computing performance and everything we do is passion driven. That means - higher Core and Memory speeds then anything on the market, our own legendary support and warranty. As Canada’s Top System Integrator, AMD has recognized our success and adherence to our priorities of customer satisfaction & maximum performance and have rewarded us with this Exclusive Canadian Deal…” read full article…

Nordichardware.com quote:

“Extreme PC is the biggest PC builder in Canada and it has, as the first store in the world, added AMD’s 1GB model of Radeon HD 2900 XT to its assortment. According to Extreme PC this is a limited edition which not only sports twice as much memory as the original Radeon HD 2900XT but also has its frequencies tuned…” read full article…

Images from one of their setups:

labpic1.jpg

labpic10.jpg

labpic2.jpg

I am seriously drooling. Does anyone know if there are any other custom hd2900xt's on the market right now? It looks like extreme-pc somehow grabbed the spotlight. Let me know your thoughts. :eek:

Holy smokes. What's the numbers on those things?

looks like ati might have the speed crown? lol still how much for that doggie in the window?

From site:

Extreme PC Exclusive SI Diamond Radeon HD2900XT 825Mhz Core | 1GB 2100Mhz DDR4 PCI-E DX10 /2 DVI/ HDTV/ AVIVO/ HDMI/ AC3 5.1 Sound
Our Price: $599.95

"If our HD2900XT 1GB is integrated into a complete Extreme PC system using our system builder, we will drop the price on the HD2900XT 1GB from $599.95 to $549.95. This will save you $100 on a dual GPU Extreme PC Crossfire HD2900XT 1GB DDR4 based system! "

LOL as usual getting the best isn't cheap but jeeze. I wish they would release some benchmarks. Seriously! So puuurdy.

aw come on. troll warning? there's no way this will turn into a flame war.

riiiight. still it's cool that they have 1Gb cards under $600.

High end ATi card: $600.00
ATi tagged Ram: $300.00
All of these parts running in a PC with an nVidia CPU cooler... priceless.

I hope not. Remember ppl it means that Nvidia needs to release a card with more ram and a faster core. Price-wise it probably won't matter much but hey we get a new model so thumbs up!

High end ATi card: $600.00
ATi tagged Ram: $300.00
All of these parts running in a PC with an nVidia CPU cooler... priceless.

Uh, that's Zalman, not nVidia.....

lurn 2 see gooder, k?

(though it does have the nvidia symbol)

It's looks like a Zalman CNPS9500 CPU Cooler to me (with an nvidia sticker). They must be sponsered by nvidia etc. :p

I hope not. Remember ppl it means that Nvidia needs to release a card with more ram and a faster core. Price-wise it probably won't matter much but hey we get a new model so thumbs up!

I don't know what you're trying to say here, but the only way NVIDIA is going to release a new card, is if the 8800 Ultra is overthrown of the "fastest card on the planet" spot. And unless they did some serious tweaks to this version of the HD 2900 XT, that's not going to happen.

Still no benchmarks? Nobody really cares that much the specs, how does this thing perform!

I saw this a little while back. I doubt it performs well. That 1GB of memory probably gives only slight improvements in performance at best.

This has been beaten, and beaten, and beathen some more... sigh....

No numbers to compare, released 8+ months after the 8800GTX, and consumes about double the power.....

Nice try... I really do mean that.. but it's too late. Too little, too late.

Uh, that's Zalman, not nVidia.....

lurn 2 see gooder, k?

(though it does have the nvidia symbol)

LOL, i luv lurning.... gooder

I don't think NVIDIA makes many coolers... maybe chipset coolers?

I read that they had their own world record setting video card I was amazed!

Two of these babies running would be ungodly fps! It's definitely targeted to hardcore gamers with hardcore budgets. Even though I don't fit in that category I want one really bad haha!

I am seriously drooling.

Fanboy much? Come on, the vanilla 2900XT already has a great memory setup, it's the GPU that's the limiting factor. I seriously doubt this will beat the GTX, and even if it does that still only brings it up to 2nd place behind the Ultra. If not it's 3rd, since I'd think it must beat the GTS640 at least.

NO MORE FANBOY NAMECALLING PLEASE!!!

Personally, I don't think the extra RAM is going to do much, or the GDDR4, but you never know.... crazier things have happened... Like 512bit bus ring that doesn't do much :p

I was drooling over the pics of the setup sir! I am obviously excited due to the fact that a local store here (I would have never guessed) would push out a record breaking vid card (specs wise) such as this - let alone in Canada. It's great to speculate but like everyone here I'm waiting for benchmarks. Btw, I make purchases based on price to performance ratio. So with that said I'm not a fanboy. I will post more info if I see any. Keep the comments mature people ;)

NO MORE FANBOY NAMECALLING PLEASE!!!

Personally, I don't think the extra RAM is going to do much, or the GDDR4, but you never know.... crazier things have happened... Like 512bit bus ring that doesn't do much :p

Thats the same attitude I held toward the X1950XTX. A new form of ram, what could that possibly do? well, it turned out it was enough to give it a little bit of an edge, just a couple frames here, a couple frames there. But boy those frames were engouh to put it ahead of the G71 in games where the G71 was able to take down the standard R580.

Perhalps the extra memory throughput will do more to overcome ATIs R600 AA flaws, probibly not though. Would be nice...

Anyways, we shall have to wait and see!

hope this works out I would hate to see amd/ati bite the dust. this is my first ati card(1950pro)and i am happy with it.

Thanks killabitz! You were the first one to inform me of this awesome event. I have made a news
post at GPUReview.com on the subject.

http://www.gpureview.com/diamond-and-extreme-pc-bring-us-the-first-1gb-hd-2900-xt-article-503.html

Check out the nifty chart I made:

When I made the following chart I did factor in Shader Clock speed.
chartxa2.png

You can make simple graphs that compare simple numbers all you want, they don't mean a thing.

The fact is the R600's shader architecture's convoluted design means very few pieces of software will see near full performance. This means that the R600's performance will likely be inconsistent from game-to-game until developers start to develop with it in-mind.

The AA system also brings nothing palatable to the table, because the tent filters blur the crap out of everything.

My point? As always, the only thing that can determine performance is real game framerates...that's a fact now more than ever. You can throw around raw numbers all you want, but they're meaningless.

See here for a summary breakdown of the architecture. Go to the beginning of the article if you want details.

http://www.beyond3d.com/content/reviews/16/16

THE ABOVE ARTICLE IS FACT.

MY OPINION:

I think the extra memory bandwidth is a sales pitch designed to sucker-in buyers. The R600 has more than enough bandwidth stock. The core is getting a sizeable bump, but from what I've read on the net, that's nothing you can't get yourself by overclocking. DAAMIT is shipping these things at low clocks to keep the power consumption sane, not because they LIKE losing the performance crown to Nvidia.

ATI put too much stock in MS's press releases when designing their GPU. When these cards are obsolete, I think we'll see the R600 pull ahead. Hopefully next time they stay a bit more grounded to reality.

XPC-HUB-AD-Final.jpg

Thought I'd update this, looks like they added quite a contest for the card. Too bad you can't win the car :p

Back