XG Vortec 600w ATX 12V AC Power Supply $9.99 Free Shipping

annaconda

[H]F Junkie
Cheap. Buy.com has the XG Vortec 600w ATX 12V AC Power Supply for a low $9.99 after two rebates. Free shipping. Tax in CA, MA, MD, TN.

$25 Bonus rebate Exp 6/18 and

$25 rebate Exp 6/18/07

i can't seem to find any kind of review on this PSU, has anyone used one before?

Review conclusions for the lazy:

First Article said:
From the start we figured the Vortec 600 would display some pretty good number in our tests but we were even more surprised when we say the results. To be able to run the test we put it through and still only fluctuate a maximum of .24 volts is really amazing. So what you is one gorgeous looking power supply that offers you rock solid stable rail voltages and if that's not enough the all the cables are completely sheathed. Plus let's not forget the ability to use the power supply on a 24-pin motherboard. I other words it has it all. That's why we feel it is reserving in receiving our 5-Star Award which we reserve for products that we feel offer that let extra that make them a good buy for our readers.

Second Article said:
The MGE Extreme Gamer (XG) Vortec 600W PSU is a very good looking and powerful PSU. The performance of this PSU is very good and stable as you can refer back to the testing and performance section. The operation noise level was very silent as well. There are two SATA connectors included as well for supporting the SATA hard disk but without any PCI-Express connector to support the PCI-E VGA card. It is also the only disadvantage where it was not SLI ready. Anyway, with the 600W of power, you will be able to support all the incoming futurecomputer . With the price of around $90 US, this was a good buy and affordable power if you are looking for a powerful and nice looking PSU.

$25 Bonus rebate Exp 6/18 and

$25 rebate Exp 6/18/07

Does this mean the they must recieve the rebate by that date?
I think that would be impossible though.
Hmmm...very tempting

BTW

Does anyone know how this PSU compares with the Ultra one that was FAR a while back?

Thanks
:)

my server PSU just died, this fits the bill perfectly. Nothing like having a PSU with 500 more watts of power than needed :p

Building a new SFF and I needed a good PSU and this fits the bill. Came out to be $54.xx with free shipping and first time google checkout.

people have had some serious problems with Vortec rebates. I also heard they don't even have an 800 number listed on their site.

wow the wires are all sleeved... and the reviews look good... hmm this is actually looking pretty good. Anyone know how this stacks up to my 431w Enermax eg465p-ve?

Well you see little Timmy, when 2 googles love each other very much, they sometimes lie down in bed together... and sometimes, if they don't have on a firewall, they have a googling.

Wow....just wow. Sig worthy material there.

Well you see little Timmy, when 2 googles love each other very much, they sometimes lie down in bed together... and sometimes, if they don't have on a firewall, they have a googling.

gee golly geepers! thanks!

I know I'm asking for a flame of some sort here, but I wouldn't plug that thing into any hardware that I cared about.

I know I'm asking for a flame of some sort here, but I wouldn't plug that thing into any hardware that I cared about.

FLAME!!! Looks like a good buy... For free after google checkout! :p But If I'm reading correctly is it 2 seperate MIR's you have to do for this?

Just for the record i did not recieved any of my buy.com rebates since they start offering google check out.

It is scary, if buy.com try to mess me up. They are dead. :mad:

Aw, that's messed up!. I bought this PSU 4 months ago for $50! And now your telling me the price has dropped 80%? Anyways, this PSU isn't all that great. The construction of the connectors (esp the SATA connectors) is very flimsy. The cables are too long for my liking. The fans are temp controlled so when it gets hot or is operating in a hot environment >80 deg F, the fans will start spinning at max speed. Then it gets pretty loud, almost like a leafblower outside your window. So I would not recommend this PSU to anyone that uses their computers in a warm/hot room. Hope this helps with your decision.

Why is that? Because it looks honda civic-y? It puts out a solid 37A on the +12V line.. that'll handle a damn fine setup. One of the reviewers even notes he's running a Q6600 and a 8800gtx. I don't know if I would go that far with it.. but for the price, looks like a damn great deal to me.

Personlly, if I just paid $8-900 for a Q6600 and 8800gtx, it would not get plugged up to a PS that only cost me $10....

But that's just me.. ymmv

Back