Viewsonic vx2835wm - anyone got it yet ???

duckymcse

Weaksauce
Anyone got the Viewsonic vx2835wm yet?
I order mine from CompUSA a week ago, they still haven't ship it yet. The anticipation is killing me. Ordering from CompUSA online is terrible. It take them forever to ship and good luck even to get in touch with their customer service. No wonder why they are going down.

Is that thing for real ? <$700 ? Does it come with hdmi to dvi ?

Do you have any cool info about it ?

EDIT: Heres a really simple review, at least points out a problem you could check, sharpness resetting problem. Looks sweet, Im about to get a 2407, but this ones almost the same price hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

http://www.atomicmpc.com.au/article.asp?CIID=84470

Is that thing for real ? <$700 ? Does it come with hdmi to dvi ?

Do you have any cool info about it ?

EDIT: Heres a really simple review, at least points out a problem you could check, sharpness resetting problem. Looks sweet, Im about to get a 2407, but this ones almost the same price hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

http://www.atomicmpc.com.au/article.asp?CIID=84470

I think it came with hdmi-dvi cable. Not much information except the link you provide. The review doesn't give much details about the picture quality of this monitor for the PC. The sharpness setting bug got me a little worry. Need to see more confirmation of this issue, hopefully it only happen on that reviewer panel, not all the vx2835wm panel.

Keep in mind it's a TN panel, but the stats are good for a TN.

My only concern is how colors will display on such a large TN panel. I am waiting for some reviews before I purchase one.

Keep in mind it's a TN panel, but the stats are good for a TN.

My only concern is how colors will display on such a large TN panel. I am waiting for some reviews before I purchase one.
My biggest concern would be color and brightness shifting due to poor viewing angles. The rated viewing angles are still 160/160 which is pretty much normal for TN panels (i.e. bad for color critical work). With a monitor that big, unless you sit pretty far away I'd think there would be noticeable shifting in the brightness between the center and edges of the screen. The vertical viewing angle on the Samsung 24 inch TN panel was terrible when I saw it in Best Buy, I can't imagine how bad it would be on a 28 inch screen.

oh dear, I've just seen some 1080i and 720p video files running on a 2006 LG 19in TN panel, and whilst the image wasn't horrid, it looked nothing like what 26 inch LCD TV's produce{which IMO is actually excellent PQ}.

This Viewsonic doesn't even have a sky high contrast ratio, so I really do wonder whether it'll be anything but just okay.
I'm not going to buy a new monitor until I get my new PC, but it's going to be a 8 bit panel.

I think an 8 bit panel makes a world of difference for video PQ :rolleyes:

The VX28 would still make a good office monitor due to it's 1920x1200, but I don't think it'll cut it for games, and especially HDTV.
So with a 6 bit panel and a modest contrast ratio, I don't see how the VX28 could be a multi-media winner :eek:

Incidently, the Samsung 275t has a 3000:1 dynamic contrast ratio, it almost sounds like the same spec as the 2006 26inch LCD HDTV's they made, and their PQ is excellent with HQ sources.

Back