New Quad Core + Dual Rad

annaconda

[H]F Junkie
Here is my new Setup

Intel Q6600 @ 3.51 right now with default volt.
XFX 680i Sli Motherboard A+
4GB OCZ 6400 @ 1000mhz
640GB SATAII RAID 0
160GB SATAII
X1900XT 512MB
ATI 650 HDTV Threater Pro.

Water Setup:

MCP655 Pump
2 X MCR 330 RADIATORS
D-Teck Fuzion
MCW60 GPU Block
1/2" Tubbing (HomeDepot)
6 X 120mm Yaat Loon fans.

1405.jpg

2360.jpg

3607.jpg

3.2.jpg

Right now the temperatures are:

Idle = 29C (Fresh START)

Idle after 15 minutes = 31C

Load after 3 hours = 40C

i see you're pushing the hot air from one radiator into the intake of the second radiator. wouldn't it be better to reverse the first fans so that they are pulling air through the rad, and that way, both rads get nice cold ambient room temperature air?

i see you're pushing the hot air from one radiator into the intake of the second radiator. wouldn't it be better to reverse the first fans so that they are pulling air through the rad, and that way, both rads get nice cold ambient room temperature air?

Well that would not be a bad idea, but there is not much of a hot air coming out from the first radiator, but i will try to see if there is a temperature difference.

Thanks.

Are you running those Yate Loons at full speed, or how are you limiting the power? I've been hearing about reducing the power to increase cooling vs noise, just wondering what your solution was.

Also, how noisy is that setup? I'm definitely looking to yours for some ideas for my new one.

I dig the build. The temps look nice. Got any wide angle pics so we can see your enire build?

Sure i will post some more pictures later. No yaat loons are controlled by fan controller, and they are running almost silent i can barely hear them over my loud pump. :D

Love the parts, love the unique setup. I do suggest that you config it in a manner that pushes air out in opposite directions to avoid blowing warm air over another radiator.

Interesting setup you have there. Them cheiftec towers are pretty roomy, you could possibly build an extention to the top of your case using bars of alum or steel and sheetmetal to house the rads, and just bolt it to the top of the case from the inside. Very neatly.

Do you have any problems with sloshing noises in that swiftech res with it being filled so low?

Could you resize pics to 800x600 possibly? 1600 is a pain to scroll on laptop :(

I switched the fans, now both fans are in the opposite directions on the radiators.

3.5GHZ and still gaining.

3.5.jpg

Idle = 38C

Load = 44C

Not bad considering i have X1900XT 512MB Heat monster in the loop.

Better Score @ 3.5, the only thing chaned is Memory now Running@ 1003 mhz (OCZ PC6400 Revision 1)

Pi@3.5.jpg

i would assume it is... its all coming from the same thermometer and processor.

i personally use rivatuner though... looks nicer than ntune

now for my question. what are the 2 fans that are sitting on top of your video card for? southbridge cooling? or ram cooling?

Annaconda, I'm sure you can get a higher overclock man. I had mine running at 3.2 with load at 60 degrees. Keep in mind I'm using a GeminII and not watercooling.

The reason i think i am getting good temperatures are before i put the AS5 on the chip i realized that the center of the chip is lower then the sides " ) " like this i mean but not much, so i filled the center with more AS5 then the sides.

I think i have a perfect contact all over the chip and AS5 is filling the gaps nicely.

The fans are dual 80mm and they are cooling the rams and chipset.

I would easily get 4ghz, but my chipset cooling is holding me back. I can post @ 3.8ghz but there is a blue screen right before getting into the windows.

so i am settling @ 3.5ghz for now. I hope as BIOS gets better, i might get more mhz out of this chip. But i am quite happy with the results now.

The reason i think i am getting good temperatures are before i put the AS5 on the chip i realized that the center of the chip is lower then the sides " ) " like this i mean but not much, so i filled the center with more AS5 then the sides.

I think i have a perfect contact all over the chip and AS5 is filling the gaps nicely.

The fans are dual 80mm and they are cooling the rams and chipset.

I would easily get 4ghz, but my chipset cooling is holding me back. I can post @ 3.8ghz but there is a blue screen right before getting into the windows.

so i am settling @ 3.5ghz for now. I hope as BIOS gets better, i might get more mhz out of this chip. But i am quite happy with the results now.
Have you considered putting your northbridge under water?

Have you considered putting your northbridge under water?

I think i am going to put a AMD Socket AM2 CPU cooler with 3 copper heatpipes on chipset, but drilling some holes in the base to match with the chipset heatsink holes. :D

Back