July 1st 2007 FOLDATHON -> Try to break the PetaFlop mark !

Xilikon

[H]ard|DCer of the Year 2008
While lots of us already fold for 24/7, there is still those who fold on/off for a while so for at least one day, we should try to fold to return at least a WU and break the PetaFlop mark (1024 TeraFlops).

The infos can be found in http://forum.folding-community.org/ftopic20145.html :)

Fold [H]ard for a common goal !!!

Personnally, I've added 2 extra laptops just for this weekend's run for a few thousands of ppd extra :)

Those of you who have SMP clients that turn in results in 13-23h, try to time a dump in the first hour or (midnight-1am), so that you dump two WU's in a day.

I just got an X1900 AIW back from RMA, so that'll be added once I finish OC-testing it. I'm also still struggling with my e6400/4GB/QuadGT stability, but if I have to I'll just Fold at stock for the day.

Hard for me to do the SMP deal without a stable client but I have added about 12 more cores this week

I lost a power cable and can't get one online... I know... how the heck do you lose the power cable? *sigh*

The success seems to be mitiged at best. Someone on FCF commented it would be wiser to do a foldathon after september since most will crank the overclocked machines back or restart more machines. During the summer, ppl will shutdown or slowdown machines.

I proposed a foldathon for october 1st so if everyone agree, we could do another run at this time :)

I will have a q6600 by then, and I can play with the mobo more to see what i can get from it. Here in AZ its a little warm for overclocking right now. My E4300 is at 2.4 and is steady at 45c . Just where I want it.

:confused: Ok. this has to have an interesting story behind it.
Hehe, it came to me shortly after posting. Not all that interesting:
A Chinese computer needed a North American power supply. After swapping a bit I was down one cable.

This computer in question is intolerably loud, though... Intentions were to trade it for a new monitor, but would anyone want a windtunnel? (I'm just not used to that anymore!)

Back