Seattle area iphone/network disussion

i'm a little confused about this thread; what's it about?

you want to know how the network is here in Bellevue/Seattle for us iPhone owners here?

this thread is more because we were taking the iphone impressions thread o/t...so consider this thread to be all things seattle/iphone related :p

ah :D

Well I'm located in Bellevue and am a new AT&T customer and I got a new number with my phone. I'm coming from Verizon, and while they had great coverage, they gimped their phones horribly.

I chose the iPhone because I have a large collection of iTunes purchased tracks and this is a one-stop device for me and fits the bill perfectly.

I can also still get calls in the car when the iPhone is hooked up to the 30-pin iPod connector into the head-unit for music listening. The music fades out, and the ringer plays to the car speakers until I answer it, then I just click speaker on the touch-screen and talk away.

I really like mine...

How is the reception in the Seattle metro/U District area? I was going to buy an iPhone today at the U Village, but they didn't have any 8gb versions in stock (only 10 4gb).

I'll be switching over from T-Mobile btw.

How is the reception in the Seattle metro/U District area? I was going to buy an iPhone today at the U Village, but they didn't have any 8gb versions in stock (only 10 4gb).

I won't be there anytime soon to tell you.. hopefully somebody else stops in.

Merchant at Pike Place, really like the speed
Live in SeaTac
much faster though weird

Coverage is way better then Verizon for me. With verizon, I had no coverage in Wedgwood but excellent signal in Queen Anne. Now with Cingular, I have both (I've been with cingular for like a year though, and had an 8525 and a blackberry first so this isn't new)

u district and surrounding areas have been pretty much great for me :)

Back