Who's your best vendor for Euro cooling?

Top Nurse

Supreme [H]ardness
Thought a thread would be nice so we can have a collection of those companies that specialize in Euro cooling. I have put in the ones I know about so please add what you know about as well. I will put a link to this thread from the first page of the AC thread so we can find it again easily. :)

Sharka Corp for Aqua Computer gear in the USA.

Aqua-PC's for Aqua Computer, EK, and Alphacool in the UK.

HeRanke.com for Aqua Computer, Alphacool, Innovatek, MIPS, Repack, Cape, and SilentStar.

HighSpeed PC for Innovatek.

FrozenCPU for Innovatek.

VCore has a rather small selection when compared to other vendors like AquaTuning, but at least they don't take two weeks to answer your e-mail *cough* AquaTuning *cough*

They sell: AquaComputer, Watercool, Alphacool, MIPS and a couple other manu's.

I was wondering about this, thanks TN for starting the thread. If only shipping wasn't so expensive to the US :-/

Don't forget Performance-PCs for Alphacool, and Frozen for Alphacool too.

I was wondering about this, thanks TN for starting the thread. If only shipping wasn't so expensive to the US :-/

It isn't so long as you stay under about 10 lbs, IIRC. The price goes sky high when you ask for UPS or FedEx. :mad:

It isn't so long as you stay under about 10 lbs, IIRC. The price goes sky high when you ask for UPS or FedEx. :mad:

Please expand on this. I was told that no matter what, it costs about 38$ from 1-10lbs and then from there on it supposedly gets cheaper. I'd like to know if what I was told is correct.

www.computer-4you.at
www.docmicro.com
www.pc-cooling.at

All have a huge inventory. However, I'm not sure whether they ship to North America, or understand English for that matter.

I was given a rate of $50/2kg for shipping from Denmark (scales up linearly after that), but I'm not sure how it scales down.

Buying overseas gets damn expensive once it reaches your doorstep, and you're charged tax and duty on top of initial shipping cost :(

Please expand on this. I was told that no matter what, it costs about 38$ from 1-10lbs and then from there on it supposedly gets cheaper. I'd like to know if what I was told is correct.

Shipping costs from Europe to the US will vary depending on country and which shipping method or agent is used. Some shops may well have a very low shipping cost up to a certain weight limit, and then have to change to a more expensive shipping type after that.

Our system (at www.vcore.dk) is very simple (up to 20kg):
Base cost for an airmail parcel up to 1 kg is (with todays USD rate) $38, and then each additional kg is another $11. So a shipment of 2 kg will be $49, but 10 kg will be "only" $137 - a much lower average cost pr kg. So larger orders are better regarding average shipping cost.

Also, smaller items up to 500 g (app. 1 lbs), we can send as in a padded envelope as an airmail letter for around $13 - so that is not to bad I think.

What helps some though, is that we ship tax-free to the US, which means 20% off shop prices.

But other shops will probably have different prices and limits - some better and some worse - so you still have to ask around. :)

Just a note our main brands are actually Aqua-Computer, EK, Flow, XSPC, D-Tek and Koolance with a few more in there for fun :cool:

The main point here is that we are Dropping Alphacool ;) but thanks for the shout out :D

Well it depends. ;) If they can ship by mail then it's fairly inexpensive, but typically there is no tracking and no proof of delivery. If you want tracking and proof of delivery you have to go DHL, FedEx, or UPS out of Europe. From what I understand DHL is better, but don't use them if you have to send something back to Europe for warranty issues or they will charge you VAT before they ship it. There is a weight limit for mail services.

Uh oh... I forgot Franz. :eek:

computer-4you is what the KTC site redirects to, Franz is here. The computer-4you link redirected to IT-Trade a couple months back, don't know what happened that caused it to turn around and become KTC's site :confused:

Well it depends. ;) If they can ship by mail then it's fairly inexpensive, but typically there is no tracking and no proof of delivery. If you want tracking and proof of delivery you have to go DHL, FedEx, or UPS out of Europe. From what I understand DHL is better, but don't use them if you have to send something back to Europe for warranty issues or they will charge you VAT before they ship it. There is a weight limit for mail services.

PNL (Pan-Nordic something) gave me a tracking number, but it stopped updating once it reached Canadian border :eek:

computer-4you is what the KTC site redirects to, Franz is here. The computer-4you link redirected to IT-Trade a couple months back, don't know what happened that caused it to turn around and become KTC's site :confused:

Either Franz bought KTC or he sold them the domain.

PNL (Pan-Nordic something) gave me a tracking number, but it stopped updating once it reached Canadian border :eek:

Only DHL, UPS, or FedEx (for us joes) can provide a tracking number to your door. IIRC, DHL switches tracking numbers after it enters the USA. :(

Back