the 2900 xt 8pin power plug-in problems

SX2233

Gawd
It doesn't accept my PSU's 8pin I have an antec 650 trio, what can I do??

Please do not try that. the 8Pin you on that PSU has a total different cable configuration. It's confirgured to power a mobo (giving use the CPU actually) and not a 8pin PCI-E 2.0. You can either buy an dapter or just plug in two regular pci-e 6pin cables to it.

I post the below info at another forum.

Just to give you guys a head up, I recently got a 6 to 8 pin PCI-E Adapter from here and Overdrive is now available.

Please do not try that. the 8Pin you on that PSU has a total different cable configuration. It's confirgured to power a mobo (giving use the CPU actually) and not a 8pin PCI-E 2.0. You can either buy an dapter or just plug in two regular pci-e 6pin cables to it.

I post the below info at another forum.

Just to give you guys a head up, I recently got a 6 to 8 pin PCI-E Adapter from here and Overdrive is now available.

I've seen that adapter before, can it actually take out more watts from the 6pin? Or is it just there for the show, p.s. I don't use overdrive

6 pin delivers 75w, a 8 pin will deliver 150w. Does having one or the other effect the cards performance, no it does not. Will a 8 pin help you overclock the card, no it wont, 6pin or 8pin the card overclocks exactly the same.

On a side note, in DX9 games your stable overclock will be in the 825ish mhz area most likely. But in DX10 games almost everyone I have talked to have been lucky to get their 2900xt to run at 800mhz with out it artifacting (it is most noticable in CoJ DX10).

Back